It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dumbest thing ever said about gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It would be hilarious if it weren't so scary how plain stupid people are. Watch this news reporter say that people are wary about gold because... wait for it... GOLD IS BACKED BY NOTHING whereas the US dollar is backed by the American government.

Watch and weep...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Seriously? The person she was quoting wants taking back to school. Or putting out of his misery.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well, I'm gonna be sellin' MY (unbacked) gold today... gotta get me some of them dollars!

edit on 5-10-2011 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

MEGA LOLZ for that comment

2nd line....

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
That reporter is comic gold

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
WTF?
That is just too funny! Not only is she quoting a moron she believes it!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Thats GOLD in itself, she must be one of the dumbest full of themselves MSM reporters I have seen. Its classic, watch the body motion, she actually belives what she is saying, and I love the serious head nodding of the other hopeless one asking her the questions. This is more like tellie tubbies than serious financial news reporting ...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

This has been posted a couple of times before, but I think it should be out there at least monthly until she quits.

Bimbo is the only way I can describe this reporter. Totally clueless.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Already posted here.

Now, you guys want to know what is really funny? I contacted said reporter with some eye opening information, articles, congresional records and guess what????

She BLOCKED ME from following her on twitter!

LOL! Introduced our favorite reporter to some threads and truths through twitter and guess what? I can't follow her now because she is BLOCKING me

I guess "reporters" today do not investigate to learn the truth & are just mouth pieces for TPTB

My Original BLOCKED TWITTER POST

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Look at her HUGE Forehead!!! her sunken in beedy little eyes!!!

she really is creepy

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So let me ask this....if and when the SHTF, how does gold retain its value? If someone came to me and wanted to trade either a package of toilet paper or a gold bar, I'd take the toilet paper.

Gold's value is completely dependant on a system to render, trade and place value on the metal. Therefore there has to be "market" for the gold. If there are no markets, how do you maintain a set value of the entire globe?

So unfortunatly, even gold has the potential to be worthless in the right situation.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The Banksters control the media and what is said to us, it is part of the inherent system of control.
She is obviously merely following orders given to her...as well as what to say.

In reality She probably doesn't believe what she has been told to say herself.
But would like to remain employed.

Many if not most Americans are not knowledgeable when it comes to Gold but many in Europe are.
They witnessed hyperinflation of their Government backed paper money go absolutely worthless..
Whereas the European gold coinage though minted in the early 20th century over 100 years ago is still worth it's weight in Gold.

:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
So let me ask this....if and when the SHTF, how does gold retain its value? If someone came to me and wanted to trade either a package of toilet paper or a gold bar, I'd take the toilet paper.

Gold's value is completely dependant on a system to render, trade and place value on the metal. Therefore there has to be "market" for the gold. If there are no markets, how do you maintain a set value of the entire globe?

So unfortunatly, even gold has the potential to be worthless in the right situation.

You are absolutely right, sheepslayer. However, in any kind of situation that DOESN'T involve the complete breakdown of human civilization -- i.e., "just" a financial and economic collapse -- gold is definitely going to maintain its value. Personally, I'm secretly hoping for a complete breakdown because we just can't go on like this... indefinite economic growth is just not possible in a world of finite resources. Call me crazy, but IMO, if we don't go back to living in small communities, living off the land, helping each other out, and respecting Mother Nature and all living beings, we're doomed.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by sylvie

Look at her HUGE Forehead!!! her sunken in beedy little eyes!!!

she really is creepy

Cheering about FIAT currency actually put her as an ANCHOR for the first time ever on the news channel!

Check This Crap Out!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
She does look a bit odd

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I agree.

But that does not take away from the fact that this reporter is actually right. There is no "backup" to gold and is a fiat currency in and of itself. The entire gold market as we see it today is a scam, and has a huge potential for the bottom to fall out.

link

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by sylvie

I agree.

But that does not take away from the fact that this reporter is actually right. There is no "backup" to gold and is a fiat currency in and of itself. The entire gold market as we see it today is a scam, and has a huge potential for the bottom to fall out.

link

As I said, you're right. Unlike gold bugs, who go by Aristotle's criteria of what a sound money should be -- one of which is intrinsic value -- I don't see gold as having intrinsic value. You can't eat it, you can't use it to catch fish, there's too little of it to use it as building material, etc. However, as long as the "scam," as you call it, lasts -- and as your linked-to article says, it has lasted for 6,000 years -- it's definitely a better thing to hang on to than paper currencies, bonds, stocks or any of the other virtual "assets" out there.

Sure it's better to have some arable land and stock up on food. But what if you're wealthy? There's only so much food you can buy and stock and only so much farmland. Where do you put the rest of your money to keep it from being eradicated by inflation? Gold and silver are the only viable options right now.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The value of any resource is determined by the quantity of it's supply vs the intensity of the market's demand for it.

If people demand it, it has value.

The usefulness of an item will also play a important role in determining how much value it may obtain.

For example with gold, you can build computer chips and spacecraft. This means that it is a very valuable resource in modern technology.

I do admit that everyone buying gold is counter productive however, it will over-inflate the supposed value of it too quickly and it will cause fluctuations of it's value based on speculation rather than actual market forces. This can lead to instability.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Gold is one of the most important materials in the construction of computer electronics hardware and in the construction of satellite or spacecraft technology.

How can you say it has no value? Without it we wouldn't even be on the Internet...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Really? Toilet paper? In a TSHTF scenerio, paper money would be toilet paper, gold would be gold. I would take the gold and use my very old and very large family bible for toilet paper.

It's true you can't eat gold, but if there are people who have an abundance that allows for trading, gold will be a commodity. The real problem with gold is that most of the people, who have invested in gold, are storing it with the companies that they purchased it from. Good luck trying to get it when it's half a country away, and TS has just HTF.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join