It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have a feeling something big might break today...the Cnn reporter hasn't tweeted for 17 hours and his last one was (paraphrased) 'i'm down near the river now....any specific place I should look'

That was in response to someone telling him about the sighting of a tent by a man looking for a camping spot I believe on the weekend.

The reporter has been tweeting continuously for the past many many days on this case...his own information and answering people's questions. I don't know that there's ever been a 17 hour break before.

Could be just a busy day for him...who knows.

Michelle

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thanks Silo, It's Karen Mathews - mother and Shannon Mathews - daughter who was hid.
Just found the video. Tears, Lies and Videotape documentary ITV

This details body language of this mothers lying ability.
It was this that made me question Deborah's body language when crying in front of the cameras.
edit on 7-11-2011 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Isabelle Zehnder reporting) -- Gil Abeyta, whose infant son was abducted from his crib 25 years ago, and who has made it his mission to assist other families in finding their missing children, said Friday that he and his team prepared and submitted to local police and the FBI a report on a potential suspect in the case of missing Missouri baby Lisa

Abeyta said Friday, “I believe the answer is right before us, it’s all around us. We just have to find it.”

News reports emerged over the past couple of days that a potential suspect claims to have passed a lie detector test and claims he was cleared by police, though police will not confirm this. Abeyta said some truthful people fail lie detector tests, and some untruthful people pass. He also said police don't clear suspects until the case is solved.

"That doesn’t matter to me," Abeyta said during a phone interview Saturday. "My wife took a lie detector test and supposedly failed, and of course she was not guilty."

Abeyta said Friday, "A person's background can provide them enough training that they can pass a polygraph test even when they are being untruthful." Conversely, he said, "There are cases where people have failed polygraph tests while they were being truthful."

A Google search on the validity of polygraph testing supports Abeyta's assertions that they are not always accurate, including: What is polygraphy and do lie detectors work? and Scientific validity of polygraph testing.

"So I’m not excited if he passed a lie detector test because of the lack of past credibility of lie detector tests. They are a great investigative tool for the police, combined with interviews, but they are most often not admissible in a court of law. They can work great in some cases, but again, there are people who can falsely pass lie detector tests," he said.
www.examiner.com... 

So it looks like it may well have taken an outsider looking at this case to crack it....
Could that be next door neighbor ?

He goes on to say:

Abeyta said, "Police don't clear anybody in an ongoing missing persons' investigation. Once they're a potential suspect they should never be cleared until the case is solved.”

Apparently a different attitude than what KCPD claims to use...

edit on 7-11-2011 by Dav1d because: More info

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Tks Michelle, I've been following 'spellman '? right? And I didn't notice he had gone silent. Hmm

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

HAHA DAVID THANK YOU . I had this very link lined up to share just now ! But I was reading through to be sure it wasnt' already posted. You beat me ! Two things... I find this guy's opinion fascinating because of Sabrina aka drinking neighbor's husband....... I wonder if that is who he means?
Also as far as yu saying about LE and their distorting or misrepresenting the truth..... I really think they are NOT. I think most of the distortions are coming from media. It seems mostly the KCPD has been 'ominously ' quiet for weeks now. Some of the thigns they are accused of came from Deborahs' mouth....not the KCPD's so who knows if they are true or not.
Anyway, thanks for posting. Who do you tbink they are talking about ? And do you think this Mr Gil is valid or believable or a crackpot?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae

Tks Michelle, I've been following 'spellman '? right? And I didn't notice he had gone silent. Hmm

I found the twitter feed (@jimspellmancnn) and he tweeted that he was going to take a break.

I'm taking a twitter break...see y'all in a couple hours. 20 hours ago

OiO

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Not much in terms of new media coverage this morning but I did come across this article that says it was updated 3 hrs ago. It's much regurgitation but a few things I hadn't read before, or didn't notice that made me really really sad...

Father of abducted baby reaches out, questions actions of Baby Lisa's parents

He walked up the path to the front door, the same lump in his throat he has when he meets parents for the first time. He knocked on the door and was shocked at what he heard. "We have orders not to talk to anyone," Deborah's cousin, Mike LeRette told Abetya.

Abeyta said that of all the families of missing children he's worked with over the past 25 years he had never encountered a stiuation like this, he had never encountered parents who were virtually silenced. Taken aback by LeRette's statment, Abeyta said to him, "I didn't come 1,000 miles to walk away." He convinced the family his intentions were good - they finally let him in.

Abeyta questioned why the family was allowing a New York-based attorney and private investigator to take over their case, when it appeared clear to him they were not in this to help the family.

It was his first, and his last face-to-face meeting with the young couple and their family. He said if only he'd arrived a day sooner, things might have been very different. Unfortunately LeRette had already arrived and had already had time to talk with the family. Abeyta said tension, pressure, and sadness filled every square inch of the home. He said he feels the baby's parents lost complete control over their situation once LeRette came into town from Texas with offers of big money from an anonymous wealthy benefactor.

LeRette, Abeyta said, is young and doesn't appear to have the ability or maturity to handle a situation this complex. But, he said, "Mike's the trail to the money so, good or bad, he stays."

The family, attorney, and the PI would not disclose the name of the benefactor who reportedly says she doesn't want the attention focused on her. This has further cast a shadow of suspicion on this family and those who represent them. Abeyta says he beleived that between LeRette, Stanton, and Tacopina, these young parents were not, and are not in control of their own situation. "In fact," Abeyta said, "the person doing most of the talking for the family during our short meeting was LeRette."

Abeyta says he believes that allowing the New York attorney and PI and a young, inexperienced distant cousin to take over their missing child's case may prove to have caused them more harm than good in the long run. Only time will tell.

All of this is of course Abeyta's personal feelings...but my god I haven't really looked at things this way. This family is out of control of their own situation and is being made to look guilty, suspicious and uncaring...all under the orders of a bunch of people that could probably care less about them or Lisa. Lisa is still not found...no information is being put out. I wish deeply that I could reach out to this family and at the very least tell them to just ditch these lawyers. IF the parents are guilty...they need to fess up and tell authorities what they have done....IF the parents are innocent they are being raked through the mud and taken down a very slippery slope.

I don't know the cousin Mike LeRette at all so I don't want to make a judgement call..but living in Texas is he really all that close to Deborah, Jeremy and Lisa? Close enough that he wants to do right, or is this also his 15 mins of fame? I don't want to speak ill of him as the one meeting on camera he did seem sincere..but I just don't know anymore.

For the sake of this poor little baby someone needs to do something

Michelle

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Yep, it's Jim Spellman...I honestly don't remember him being gone for this long before. I think the longest since I've been watching his tweets was 8 hrs? and now we're at 20 after asking what area of the river he should search...It could be nothing, perhaps another case that's taken him away. But he seems pretty deep into this one. I think he's been there almost since the beginning and hasn't left KC since. He has been probing and researching and interviewing at all hours. Even going back to those that will talk to him and asking them questions that the public has asked him to (obviously reasonable questions). It just doesn't feel right that he's suddenly gone quiet.

I tried going to Nancy Grace's twitter feed thinking the 'shark' would be all over some new news...but nope...her only interests the past few days have been her "Dancing with the Stars" crap

This is almost worse than hearing the regurgitated stuff and is making me feel ill...

Michelle

Edit to add: for those not following or not wanting to go to twitter here's the tweet(s) I am questioning.. the first is from a person that's been asking questions to Jim all along

@jimspellmancnn its supposed to be an abandoned tent at the levee. Had baby lotion, baby blankets and men's clothes. 19 hours ago via Twitter for Android

@KarenBerger1 yep. I saw it Facebook, just asked Jim to confirm it. He's doing the digging on his own. Just trying to sort fact from fiction 19 hours ago via Twitter for Android

And then Jim's response to her..

@redjillybean I'm at the river now but can't find anything.. Got any specifics? 19 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

edit on 7-11-2011 by Michelle129th because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You know you bring up an interesting point...... could their LAWYERS be benefitting from MAKING them appear more guilty? A more sensational trial? More media and air time? Could these fat cat lawyers be playing them like a fiddle to boost themselves. And I'm not being ugly when I say the family seems somewhat uneducated. This is NOT a slight of their intelligence. Anyway, myself included, would be inclined to believe and trust the lawyer, especially one as well known as JOE T. So, even if they think it's not going so well, maybe they are entrusting their very lives to him and he's got more to gain by making them appear more guilty or at LEAST not letting them appear innocent. Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As for Abeyta's inclination that he knows who the suspect is and it seems to be either the neighbor's husband or possible Deborahs' brother....... I thought about this neighbor's husband. He's got military training that might help him avoid detection and to be sneaky or stealth in his movement's around the house and/ or neighborhood. The dog would NOT bark at the neighbors' husband because presumably he knows him well. He says the term " REVENGE" . I said several pages back that perhaps Deborahs' secrecy had nothign to do with Lisa, but had somethign to do with an affair and perhaps her BROTHER was having an affair with her NEIGHBOR. Brother says let's go get some wine and you invite your neighbor over. Her husband has to be away from home for the first time and Deb's hub is away from home for the first time. What if Deborah arranged the liason and/ or possibly even helped neighbor get husband out of the way , etc etc and the husband is harboring ill feelings toward Deborah. If this is the case,,who steals someone's baby to get revenge? I mean he would have to be a really really SICK and RAGE filled person, not the sort of person who calls to say good night and I love you to his baby with Samantha that he did that night. Or else hes' a great actor!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Redux

I believe Silo asked the moderators to remove the 911 call post after she realized it was in error, but the mods never removed it.

It WAS removed.

It's still at the top of page two as someone's repost, plus subsequently many other posters were discussing it as if it was fact and those posts are still there. Human_alien said, " So, am just now reading this thread and got to page 4 and skipped to the end.", so it seemed likely that's where they drew their conclusion from. The repost does point out that the call is about the wrong person, but someone reading it quickly might not notice that part.

ETA: Sorry, Michelle already addressed this a few page back....that's what I get for posting before totally catchin gup.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Redux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I'm not participating anymore with speculations or opinions, don't worry.
Just wanted to highlight a part that was not included in your snips, Michelle, to try to illucidate how the community feels about this mystery. And no, I did not get interviewed by anyone, nor did I "adapt" the feelings of others as my own. Any opinions I have offered are purely mine. Any speculation or assessment or analyses I have made -- also solely mine.

Some readers may wish to know a little more than what has been "proffered" by this thread's contributors in regards to the general atmosphere and stance of this baby's fellow citizens; to wit:

Locals said they quickly discovered "Wild" Bill wasn't even licensed to practice in the State of Missouri, and that he quickly changed his title from "Private Investigator" to "Consultant."

They said his coming into town purporting to be someone he's not didn't bode well with the community, local private investigators, or local media. Stanton was quickly disliked.

Also chosen to assist Deborah and Jeremy is New York-based defense attorney Joe Tacopina.It wasn't long before the public realized Tacopina had represented Joran van der Sloot in the Natallee Holloway case, a man who later admitted to murdering another young woman. They could not understand why a couple with a missing baby would need to hire a high-profile defense attorney from New York. It just didn't make sense.
www.examiner.com...

I think you are doing a great job Michelle, of balancing and remaining level headed and reasonable. Glad you took the time to comment on the article you posted. Sometimes it takes several goings-over to see all the dots.

This morning I took some time to look over the Shannon Matthews case from 2008 -- as suggested earlier a few posts back. Interesting to look at how the media makes editorial and journalistic decisions and choices.

And also, don't remember who it was who talked about Kansas stepping in, but this child's family lives on the Missouri side of the state line. Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri are two completely different cities with completely separate LE and government structures and social support structures. Nevertheless, the term "LOCALS" in the context of the article includes the members of any of the multiple cities in the Metro Area in general, not just the people who live in North Kansas City.

I don't live in Lisa's community -- but I consider myself a local -- and everyone I know from every part of this city knows about this case and has feelings about it. Again, we are not NYC.

edit on 7-11-2011 by wildtimes because: TO ADD THE LINKY

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
reply to post by Dav1d

HAHA DAVID THANK YOU . I had this very link lined up to share just now ! But I was reading through to be sure it wasnt' already posted. You beat me ! Two things... I find this guy's opinion fascinating because of Sabrina aka drinking neighbor's husband....... I wonder if that is who he means?

Well he did just recently step forward, he claims to have been cleared by the police, and that he was given a lie detector test and passed it. The very night that Lisa went missing he moved out of his home... And the next day he called home and tells his wife he loves her and their daughter? A guy so upset, that he's packing his bags and moving out of his home, (either by choice, or because he is asked to leave) just doesn't call up the next morning claiming to love everyone, in my opinion....

Also as far as yu saying about LE and their distorting or misrepresenting the truth..... I really think they are NOT.

Okay so just what does activilly searching mean to you? Even Sgt. Stacey Graves, that posted this, goes on to acknowledge, that they are not searching. That there have been no searches for a few days. Somehow she see sitting around and waiting for new phone calls as activilly searching... Nor is following up on old leads, in my opinion activilly searching... That is just the latest, example.

I think most of the distortions are coming from media. It seems mostly the KCPD has been 'ominously ' quiet for weeks now. Some of the thigns they are accused of came from Deborahs' mouth....not the KCPD's so who knows if they are true or not.
Anyway, thanks for posting. Who do you tbink they are talking about ? And do you think this Mr Gil is valid or believable or a crackpot?

I'd really like to find Lisa, and I believe his lead needs to be checked out. Too many people in this case, in my opinion think way too much of their own importance. They are invested in proving their own point of view correct. In my opinion anytime an investigator stops following the leads, and starts too prove their hunches, it can no longer be said that justice is being served.

>>>Anyone know anymore about who owned the dog that bit Irwin's son? Could this be the neighbor's dog???

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You should participate with your speculations and opinions . That's how we come up with so many scenarios. And one of these scenarios is going to be the right one.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Don't know what to make of it. And really don't recommend it if you don't want to be involved in any "unconfirmed" information on this case. I can tell you Jim Spellman posts on the site, but that does NOT in anyway make it official or confirmed.

For all I know, it's a bunch of garbage, but though I'd share for anyone that wants to check out a facebook page that
was started back on oct 26...the owner is unknown to me. Take it for what you will.....

The facebook page is "Justice for Lisa Irwin"

For those of you not wanting to check it out...if their info is correct we should be hearing some very big news today...with someone that hasn't been named in the case yet
Michelle

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Thanks Michelle, very interesting . If I'm reading it right, he seems to imply that photo is the perp? Or did I misunderstand? WHat's your take ?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
Don't know what to make of it. And really don't recommend it if you don't want to be involved in any "unconfirmed" information on this case. I can tell you Jim Spellman posts on the site, but that does NOT in anyway make it official or confirmed.

For all I know, it's a bunch of garbage, but though I'd share for anyone that wants to check out a facebook page that
was started back on oct 26...the owner is unknown to me. Take it for what you will.....

For those of you not wanting to check it out...if their info is correct we should be hearing some very big news today...with someone that hasn't been named in the case yet
Michelle

Curious ~ I saw that also, and my impression is this person is sick, at best. They appear to wish to inflect pain on Deborah. That actually makes me wonder if they are not involved with the taking of Lisa... That Facebook page will certainly allow police to locate them....
But if one actually KNOWS what happen to Lisa, why on earth would one taunt her with it?
Why give her a chance to confess?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dav1d

Originally posted by Michelle129th

Michelle

Curious ~ I saw that also, and my impression is this person is sick, at best. They appear to wish to inflect pain on Deborah. That actually makes me wonder if they are not involved with the taking of Lisa... That Facebook page will certainly allow police to locate them....
But if one actually KNOWS what happen to Lisa, why on earth would one taunt her with it?
Why give her a chance to confess?

First to schmae....I do believe that's what the person owning the group is saying. My take is they either have some inside info, or are completely twisted and really asking for some serious trouble. (i'm assuming they can get into trouble for something like that...at the very least slander from the individual who's pic they're posting...) Not sure what to make, AND I also agree with David that the page is definitely off the fence and believing Deborah is guilty. The person also seems to be a big attention seeker. If I had information like that, that according to them will break in the news and is none to LE, I don't see me posting and smearing it all over the internet before breaking.

The other thing is, if the poster is to be believed...is that the story seems quite unbelievable. I mean come on....so 20 something year old male "kid" is really going to take a 10 month old baby in trade for drug costs?? What on earth would he want with a baby for goodness sakes? I mean, sure there is a market for babies...but would this smalltown meth dealer really have the connections to be able to sell her? I guess anything is possible, but I just don't see this.

Michelle

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I'm taking a twitter break...see y'all in a couple hours. 20 hours ago

Thanks for posting I wasn't sure if this was the same guy Michelle was talking about - I'm only able to open one window so I was flipping back and forth. You saved me more 'flipping'

So he's 'off' taking a break. Can hardly blame him. It's no like Lisa's parents haven't done the same thing.

peace

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The other thing is, if the poster is to be believed...is that the story seems quite unbelievable. I mean come on....so 20 something year old male "kid" is really going to take a 10 month old baby in trade for drug costs?? What on earth would he want with a baby for goodness sakes? I mean, sure there is a market for babies...but would this smalltown meth dealer really have the connections to be able to sell her? I guess anything is possible, but I just don't see this.

If this guy is a 'crack head' (cruel term but applicable) he will do ANYTHING for his next fix. Anything.
If that means selling a white, blue eyed, blond baby (premium) - he'd do it.

I'm not saying it's the case - or eluding to it - I"m stating 'crack heads' will do ANYTHING.

Oh, and 'small town' meth dealers? They get their 'stuff' from bigger dealers, who know bigger dealers, etc. All are involved in some type of crime (broad statement but true)... It's not such a stretch. Not at all.

In one way I almost hope this is the case - it means Lisa might still be alive.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join