It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
ADDED NOTE: It was reported the police and Fire department were searching a well under the deck of Lisa's home. That's how the report came in first. Now it's reported the deck and well are in an abandoned home close to the missing babies residence.

Let me confirm which one and I'll report back here. When the news comes in so fast and furious - the MSM gets it wrong and then I report what I read there - misleading - but not intentional on my part, and I bet not on MSM part either, lol.

peace

EDIT TO ADD

Northland well being searched as part of baby Irwin case

source

Kansas City firefighters are searching a Northland well in connection with the case of missing baby Lisa Irwin, who was born 11 months ago today.

Firefighters went to the backyard of a vacant home in the 3800 block of North Brighton Avenue about 10:30 this morning to search a 3-foot-wide well under a deck. The home is two blocks east and two blocks north of the Irwin home.

OK! Got that ironed out!

IN THE SAME ARTICLE

Here's a great example of MSM and the family misrepresenting the factc: Concerning the arrest of Lisa's mother:

Also today, an aunt of Lisa’s told The Star that comments she gave on Good Morning America this morning were taken out of context and she had no knowledge of any police plan to arrest the girl’s mother.

“It is my fault because I did not choose my words carefully enough to articulate the point I was trying to convey,” said Ashley Irwin.

Hypothetically, Irwin said, police tend to focus their investigative efforts on the parents of a missing child if other leads fail to materialize.

“When they don’t have suspects, when they don’t have any leads, then it always circles back around to square one, which is the parents,” she told The Star.

Earlier, on television, she said: “It is what the police do; they don’t have any leads so they have to pin it on somebody.”

In response to the television interview, Young said any claim that police were trying to pin the disappearance on the child’s mother “was absolutely not true.”

“We don’t feel any pressure to accuse any body,” Young said. “We are under pressure to do what we can to find a child.”

He added that he hasn’t heard anything about a pending arrest in the case. He said is a “bit of a stretch” and “speculation” by the family that an arrest was coming soon.
(from the same source)

It's becoming pretty clear not only the police but the media are having a difficult time keeping facts straight with the Irwin case. We'll just have to keep vigilante and stay on top of the changing headlines as the facts surface - and then are validated or refuted.

peace

edit on 11-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
First off, if you have never been under extreme duress, you have no idea what a retard you become. You can't think you can't remember. It is painful and difficult to function in this state, in fact your body just wants to shut down. SO for all of you inexperienced never had a painful moment don't speak unless you have experienced. Second giving someone a lie detector in the midst of a mental breakdown is useless.

My personal feeling is that a relative of the baby took her. A woman. Smaller than a police officer and possibly smarter.
Since the father wasn't the real father, chances are that the grapevine of gossip got around town until it fell upon that said "womans" ears. She didn't want the child raised by that man or issues with the mother etc. She was in her opinion saving the child. I believe and feel in my heart that the baby is safe. Remember a neighbor saw someone at 1 am walking down the street with a baby.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I assumed you were thinking the mysterious man was her new boyfriend, for what other reason would the shopping incident be some faux pas?

On re-reading it seems she withheld the shopping for wine incident from the police all this time? Do you have a link for that?
edit on 11-10-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Can you say how you know she withheld the shopping for wine incident from the police all this time? I can't find that on the news?

The police discovered the receipt for the wine and went to the store to review the video tape to confirm Lisa's mother's whereabouts 5 or so hours before her disappearance. If Deborah would have revealed this earlier - it wouldn't have taken them finding a receipt to act on it. If Deborah would have told the police about this - we'd have a name of the 'man in question'. That we do not says volumes. That Deborah did not tell the police - it was something they discovered on their own.

Remember - I'm dealing with MSM, I'm not there. Also, the police release information, or withhold, for their own reasons. If the information is wrong? Don't kill the messenger.

On a side not I ask that you examine your own motives for continuing to participate in this thread. Enough said.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Awful really any way you look at this case. In some ways a swift death is far superior to an abduction by some man who would do bodily harm indefinitely.

When I first saw the pictures of the little baby, I said out loud to my family that I do not think she is alive.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I assumed you were thinking the mysterious man was her new boyfriend,

Not my words at all. This came from another poster. I said I would look into it but I've never heard anything about a 'boyfriend' or 'lover' and no idea where that came from.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
On a side not I ask that you examine your own motives for continuing to participate in this thread. Enough said.

peace

What a bloody cheek. I'm participating same as you and everyone else.

I'd like this story to be over with a happy ending. You've positioned yourself as the bringer of the news and keeping me informed. Don't take it to heart if I question stuff and give an opinion you don't like. If things are unclear then I'll ask about them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Investigators hit dead end in search of well near Lisa Irwin's home

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) - Police and firefighters have searched a well underneath a deck at a vacant home located near Lisa Irwin's home in their continued search for missing baby Lisa Irwin.

But investigators concluded before 2:30 p.m. that the well was empty except for water.

"The well was drained and nothing was recovered," Sgt. Stacey Graves, spokeswoman for the Kansas City Police Department, said. "Investigators will still continue to follow up on tips."

So Lisa isn't there! THERE IS HOPE!!!

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Looking at the nearby states and all of Missouri I have seen no other cases that could be linked through a serial killer or abduction of small children. I really think this was a cover up for an accident or that the missing handyman has taken her. There is a missing handyman right? I figured that with the hubby at work the Mom going to buy wine with some guy was telling on its own. There is nothing wrong with going out for wine but it just seems wrong and who tok care of the kids while she was out?
edit on 11-10-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well I think if she kept her shopping trip with that stranger to herself and the police only found out after finding a reciept then she's going to be arrested any minute now.

I'm sure she must have told them and they just didn't tell "us". I hope that's the case.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

There is nothing wrong with going out for wine but it just seems wrong and who tok care of the kids while she was out?

That's what I've been wondering. Did she make a 'quick trip out' and come back to a tragedy and is now trying to cover it up?

I mean we know truth is stranger than fiction but this is bordering on the unbelievable.

Also - there's debate now at the usage of the word 'unidentified' man - the one she was buying wine with.

At first, just after the police viewed the store video tapes he was reported as being 'unidentified' - because he was.

Now (it seems) the word 'unidentified' is being used intentionally because the man in question doesn't want his name given up to the media. I'm scouring twitter, FB, and three different newspapers with videos (that are not transcribed) trying to find out and answer to that one.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok, at this link here at minute 0200 and a few seconds the police officer states that even though he's refrained from going into detail about the case earlier he will clear up the grocery receipt and wine purchase, going on they say they know who the man is and nothing concerning the mother's trip to buy wine, with the unidentified man will 'break the case' - BUT - He can't speculate what detectives are theorizing about this incident and that's all they're saying. He also says he doesn't know if the mother reported this to police or not.

That point is still in debate.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The parents were with the detectives for most of two days.
I am sure they asked for their movements for the preceeding days and know that she was at the store.
Most likely they just did not believe her until the reciept was found and got the tapes from said store.

There is no way that after two days and a lie detector that she with-held that info.
Or could have for that matter. I am sure bank statements, bills, mortgage, insurance statements, and every small piece of their lives have been looked at by now.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Silo thank you for all the info. I see an occasional report regarding this missing child but the information you have been providing is very insightful.

Now regarding this whole case, I have a very bad feeling. It just hasn't set well and then the goofy thing of the missing cell phones. Nope.... that just doesn't compute. This case stinks and that mother, I just don't know.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Seems like what mum was buying and who she was with at the shop has been cleared up and has zero to do with the case. What a shame people have suggested she was drinking wine with another man before her daughter vanished. Just shows any simple act can be turned on it's head and made to look like something it's not. Wicked. Poor woman, she must be completely ill by now. What's this, 8 days already?

As for the police... well I wouldn't want Captain Young helping me out in a crisis, he seems cold and careful not to give any positive impression of the family at all. Not an ounce of sympathy for them either, that I've seen.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Okay, valid questions regarding this receipt and the trip to the store.

Who was watching the children?

Who was the man?

Why didn't she mention it to the police?

If she did why is this becoming an issue now? Is there more information in association with this?

Is there anything else on that receipt besides wine and paper plates? Is it possible that this was a quick shopping trip and the "suspicious" items are being leaked and/or simply highlighted by the police and/or the media? Just a thought.

On a slightly different note:

How the heck do so many of you people know that this is her boyfriend? Shouldn't you be calling Missouri about now? "Unidentified man" is just that "unidentified". Good grief.

If she only bought a box of wine and plastic ware with a strange man then yeah... Kind of weird. But jumping to conclusions from that information alone is over-reactionary, let alone jumping to conclusions when we don't know anything else about that circumstance.

I understand being suspicious of the parents. I do. Statistically in circumstances like this there is plenty to be suspicious of. The fact that there are only flimsy other leads is suspicious as well.

However, there is a huge difference between being suspicious and jumping to conclusions; and to be honest, after following this thread I am getting the distinct impression that most of the posters couldn't come to a conclusion at all if they couldn't jump so far. Get a grip.

So many people that desperately need to have these witches to burn. Some of the nastier aspects of human nature stay the same no matter what I guess. I personally hope that every single one of you is accused, or better yet, convicted (either by law or simply in the arena of public opinion), of something you did not do. Then maybe you will actually learn some real empathy and compassion, instead of this self-righteous farce all of you are twisting yourself into knots around saying "Oh that poor little girl" out of one side of your mouth, and wishing condemnation upon what may very well be an innocent woman out of the other. This is just about one of the sickest displays I have seen in some time.

If there is such a thing as Karma, God help any of you if you are ever in front of a jury of your peers. Just remember that apparently most members of the human race are just as eager to condemn on little more than a psychological need to point the finger at someone (anyone) besides themselves as any of you. Remember this. Remember how you feel right now when you look at that jury.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Let me just adress this first:

Okay, valid questions regarding this receipt and the trip to the store.

Who was watching the children?

Who was the man?

Why didn't she mention it to the police?

If she did why is this becoming an issue now? Is there more information in association with this?

Either they (the detectives) really have not one CLUE to go on - OR - they're withholding and releasing information in order to provoke a response from, well, anyone really, the parents and everyone else.

Like you I've been asking WHO was babysitting while the mom was out. The Father? Someone else? But once again that information is just hard to come by. I've been listening to all the updates via video, reading through many news outlets, etc, and can't come up with a thing - yet - but I sure do want to know the answers!

Again, why it's becoming an issue now? Either subterfuge or they're using it to 'smoke out' more info - or it's like they're saying - Lisa just 'up and vanished' and they're grasping at straws.

My gut tells me they're releasing and withholding information strategically and watching for a reaction - any reaction.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
reply to post by silo13

... I personally hope that every single one of you is accused, or better yet, convicted (either by law or simply in the arena of public opinion), of something you did not do...

I believe you should reread this thread and inparticular my posts and appologize to me and several others.
Your self-rightous rant is uncalled for. And apparently only for sensationalism. Or maybe "Troll", that is terrible on a thread that has such a very sad subject matter.

edit on 11-10-2011 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Addressing the rest of your post. You're right - karma never forgets and karma gives back what you put in. That being said? I think what you're hearing in the presumptions and condemnation from other participants in this thread is a lot of frustration and hopelessness. Remember we're living in a 'Casey Anthony' world now.

Also, there're a lot of mothers and fathers who are absolutely gob smacked the doors to the house were left unlocked, etc. Parents failing to modulate the safety of their children strike fear in the heart of parents that do. I think we as humans are designed that way. We just become incensed when we see other parents doing or not doing what we KNOW is right/wrong for children.

Pure hate and ignorance is one thing - despicable. People showing passionate responses in favor of the safety of children actually makes me feel pretty relieved. At the expense of the mother? That’s a shame, but, I’d rather see people be overzealous in favor of the child than the parent, and, if the parent could only see it that way - through their pain - I’m sure they’d agree. It’s just tough to see the point and not take the bashing personally when mired in their crisis.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

On re-reading it seems she withheld the shopping for wine incident from the police all this time? Do you have a link for that?

Well I think if she kept her shopping trip with that stranger to herself and the police only found out after finding a reciept then she's going to be arrested any minute now. I'm sure she must have told them and they just didn't tell "us". I hope that's the case.

They’re not going to arrest her if the information doesn’t pan out. Which it didn’t. But, it does cast a lot of doubt her way and (I would think) severely damages her credibility. Then again - they might just write it off as stress failure. Who knows, they’re not telling.

Here’s the info you were asking about. In video form. A lot of the information from this case comes from video which makes it a difficult search. No wonder you didn’t find it in text.

Search for Baby Leads Police to Grocery Store

...'Found a receipt from one of their searches - leading them to a local supermarket'

Then later:

...'Police found the receipt during one of their many searches.'

At no point in the video do they report Lisa's mother told them about her trip to the market. In fact they go out of their way to make it known 'no piece of evidence is too small' and the 'receipt' and not the Mother's report led police to the local market and further to review the video.

The only mention of Deborah (Lisa's mother) comes when they report the video timed her at the market about 5 hours before she told police she put Lisa to bed.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join