It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

While I may agree that attacks shouldn't happen - the reality is that person is not a Member of this website, so doesn't fall within any rule of 'Don't attack other Members'. There's a difference there...albeit a slight one.

I understand your perspective..

Its very difficult for me to watch a mother and family who have obviously gone through some very traumatic experience.. be attacked over every little detail of their lives.... and details steered in the direction to make them look guilty.

I have felt attacked , and made to feel like I am not looking at the OBVIOUS for merely not agreeing .

I will try to my best to express my thoughts in a more civil manner, but I can't promise I will not defend the Irwin's right to innocence before being proven guilty...especially at such a horrendously sad time of their lives.

It seems like some people think she should be tried for the reasons of being under the influence alone..as well as the so called "established" fact that she was just a no good type person.

Thank you for your concern..and I will try to be more civil in how I respond.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by alien

While I may agree that attacks shouldn't happen - the reality is that person is not a Member of this website, so doesn't fall within any rule of 'Don't attack other Members'. There's a difference there...albeit a slight one.

I understand your perspective..

Its very difficult for me to watch a mother and family who have obviously gone through some very traumatic experience.. be attacked over every little detail of their lives.... and details steered in the direction to make them look guilty.

I have felt attacked , and made to feel like I am not looking at the OBVIOUS for merely not agreeing .

I will try to my best to express my thoughts in a more civil manner, but I can't promise I will not defend the Irwin's right to innocence before being proven guilty...especially at such a horrendously sad time of their lives.

It seems like some people think she should be tried for the reasons of being under the influence alone..as well as the so called "established" fact that she was just a no good type person.

Thank you for your concern..and I will try to be more civil in how I respond.

I'll second all you said.
I have been attacked.
I have been told that I have said something, that I never stated, only to be told how wrong I am.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wrong lawyer is representing baby Lisa Irwin's parents

Kansas City lawyer Cyndy Short said today that she continues to believe that 11-month-old Lisa Irwin was “stolen from her home.”

“Our goals and our approach were so different that one of us had to go, and it was me,” Short said. “I think Mr. Tacopina thought I would be less aggressive, maybe, less involved.’

In other words let him work off her license to practice in that state.

It sounds as though Tacopina wanted a local co-counsel who would basically be on call if needed, certainly not a highly competent lawyer who actually wanted to get the case resolved. If so, Short was definitely the wrong co-counsel for “Hollywood Joe.” She works her cases hard. In the 10 days she was involved in the Irwin case, she organized a team of 17 volunteers to participate in community efforts to find Lisa and to support the family.

Working probono. 17 people on the case. People that KNOW the area, the community. It baffles themind the parents ‘went’ with Tacopina.

I will say this again — that was a mistake. Tacopina and his sidekick, not-so-private investigator Bill Stanton, are in this to grandstand on national newscasts and enhance their reputations as celebrity ambulance chasers.

It was a mistake. A blatant mistake, but, the parents do have the right to the counsel they prefer.

One has to wonder why, in this case they prefer a man who spent his time in Rome while their daughter, little Lisa, is still missing.

peace

edit on 1-11-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Woman's cell phone connected to search for missing baby

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

A woman says investigators have questioned her four times about a cell phone call made from one of Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin's cell phones just a few hours before they reported their daughter missing.

Megan Wright told CNN Monday that the telephone call came in between 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Oct. 3.

I’ve been looking for confirmation pinpointing the time of this so called ‘call’.

Rumors have been floating around the call was made at 02:30 or so.

Megan Wright told CNN Monday that the telephone call came in between 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Oct. 3.

(The interviewer says a different time)... ???

Megan never pinpointed the time before. Now she’s doing so.

No where have the police confirmed any of Megan’s story.

Every news station ‘out there’ is running with it - but - no confirmation from the police - at all.

"I didn't have my phone at the time, but apparently there was a 50 second phone call from one of the family's phones to my cell phone. About 50 seconds long," she said. "I don't know what was said or who called or who answered my phone. But that's what the police have been questioning me about."

Wright said she received her phone back between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Oct. 3, just a few hours after the mysterious phone call was received.

Received it back from who?

Wright, who has been residing in a home about a mile from baby Lisa's home on Lister Avenue in the Northland, said she does not know either Irwin or Bradley.

She said she and seven other people she lives with share the cell phone, which is why she doesn't know some of the details about the phone call.

The plot thickens.

"We have eight people that live here and only one cell phone at the time so it was pretty much community (property)," she said. "Whoever needed my phone."

And?

But Bill Stanton, a New York private detective working on the case, told Fox News this weekend that Wright may know someone connected to the case.

Wright dated a neighborhood handyman known as "Jersey."

"He's an ex-boyfriend of mine," Wright said Monday. "We dated for about five months. I met him when I lived further down on Brighton. He was just a friend of a friend. He and I were together, for like I said, about five months. After I ended up moving in here, we broke up shortly afterwards and it was a couple of weeks before baby Lisa went missing."

Lots of implications there... But remember the police HAVE SAID Jersey is NOT a suspect in this case. Repeatedly.

Kansas City Police Department spokesman Steve Young said he could not discuss investigators interviews with Wright. However, Young did say the man known as "Jersey" has been interviewed and cleared of any involvement in the baby's disappearance.

"We spoke to him and are moving on," Young said.

So there we have an offhanded reference to the interview with Megan so it’s not a hard leap fro there to give her some credibility for her reports she spoke with the police about the phones etc.

More later...

peace

edit on 1-11-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh man....I have such a sick feeling in my stomach this morning reading this
Sick sick sick.....

She says she doesn't know the irwins and yet her ex boyfriend was named very early on in the case.....regardless of whether or not she was still with him there IS some kind of link there. I still can't even wrap my head around what the possible scenarios are...especially with the call being made at 8:00/8:30......

I know they've ruled jersey out...but come on this has got to be one hell of a coincidence?

Working probono. 17 people on the case. People that KNOW the area, the community. It baffles themind the parents ‘went’ with Tacopina.

I am a little baffled by this as well. I *think* I would've gone with the local lawyer...but again I have no clue for sure what I would do. These parents (whether guilty or innocent) are in a very vulnerable place right now. Again whether innocent or guilty they're probably not sleeping right, not eating right, and are probably on the verge of nervous breakdown....I think any decisions they are making at this point are not with complete "sanity" for lack of better words

Hoping and praying for little Lisa.

Michelle

Also wanted to add (and I'm sure or at least hoping) the police have questioned and looked for any links between the parents and any of the other 7 or 8 people in this "community" house that have access to this phone. Just because it's Megan Wright's phone doesn't necessarily mean the call was even meant for her if others regularly use the phone they could have given the number out themselves. Also, if the call was made at 8:00/8:30....with mom not remembering if she checked on Lisa at 10:30 when she went to bed...could it be that Lisa was missing far earlier than anyone ever considered? I'm guessing that would be difficult if in fact the abductor did gain access through that front window with mom out on the front porch..but perhaps access was through a different door. With mom awake and on the front porch and probably none of the doors locked the abductor could've gone in through the back door off the deck or something else and actually taken Lisa much earlier?

Just more questions now...
edit on 1-11-2011 by Michelle129th because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

I still can't even wrap my head around what the possible scenarios are...especially with the call being made at 8:00/8:30......

Especially when listening to the reported he still's stuck on the 0230 or 0238 time.

It's all getting SO confusing.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Let's see we are at four weeks that Little Lisa is missing.....
The cops call not once but four times, asking who answered the phone...
There are eight potential people that could have, and you are one of them....
You're content to point the finger at the other seven people and do NOTHING MORE?
We are at 29 days into this case, and the cops are content with this answer?
Have the cops question the other seven potential people?
As a reporter certainly one of the questions I would ask...
And that proves how diligent these cops are?
We are at 29 days and counting while these cops have never acknowledged so much as once as having a person of interest other  than Deborah, yet they claim they are NOT out to vilify the family?!?
The cops that so many here support unconditionally CLEARED Jersey in this case long ago...

Wright told CNN that she had placed an online advertisement for an electronics item and used the cell phone number called by the Irwin-Bradley cell phone. She said the FBI saw the number and set up a fake appointment to buy the item shortly after baby Lisa went missing, Wright said. That is when the first interview occurred. www.kctv5.com...

So we are to believe that KCPD couldn't track her down based on the cellphone number!?! That the FBI needed to tracker her down by an online advertisement... Once again demonstrating the competence of the KCPD here!

Or is it a case of the KCPD believes it *****KNOWS***** who kill baby Lisa and can't really be bother to follow up on leads that conflict with it's point of view?

Or could this suggest that the cellphone user went out of the way to get an untraceable cellphone, to have deniable in just who used the phone?!? If so what does that suggest?

edit on 1-11-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree, very confusing. Am I now to believe ...

The intruder/kidnapper:

1. Snuck into the house between 8:00 and 8:30...while children are still up watching movies with Mom and friend on porch.

2. Made a 50 second phone call to MW's phone.

3. Hung around and waited till DB went to bed at 10:30...then hung around till around 12:00 to kidnap the baby (as that's around the time of the first sighting of mystery man and baby).

4. Proceeded to wander the area with said baby till 4:00 am.

That is If I am to believe DB is not involved.

edit on 1-11-2011 by blahandblahandyadayada2 because: no reason

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Wright told CNN that she had placed an online advertisement for an electronics item and used the cell phone number called by the Irwin-Bradley cell phone. She said the FBI saw the number and set up a fake appointment to buy the item shortly after baby Lisa went missing, Wright said. That is when the first interview occurred.

I understand you questioning the effectiveness of the police in this case..but concerning the FBI tactic to talk to Meagan Wright, I think that was very clever, and a good way..to get a real feel on what she was about.. as well as get other information, that she may not so easily give to law enforcement.

I think if they really want inside info, and clues to what may have gone down, they perhaps need to get some of their information in an undercover sort of way.

Hopefully there a few agencies pursuing this case with diligence, and a real determination to find baby Lisa.

I'm sure there is a lot of information that is not reaching the public, and if tidbits of it get out to media.. they are getting misinterpreted , or just exaggerated for the purpose of the whole media circus revenue.

There are so many factors at play here, in the general public not getting the real truth, I can only hope that the law enforcement agencies do have some kind of handle on what really happened, and are determined to work diligently to uncover the truth, and find baby Lisa.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Woman's cell phone connected to search for missing baby

KANSAS CITY, MO (phones to my cell phone. About 50 seconds long," she said. "I don't know what was said or who called or who answered my phone. But that's what the police have been questioning me about."

The plot thickens.

Kansas City Police Department spokesman Steve Young said he could not discuss investigators interviews with Wright. However, Young did say the man known as "Jersey" has been interviewed and cleared of any involvement in the baby's disappearance.

"We spoke to him and are moving on," Young said.

So could the reason that Cptn. Steve Young can not speak about Megan Wright be that Megan doesn't fit with what the KCPD believes happen, and therefore they aren't pursuing it?

Not very hard to go to a reverse phone number directory search, and look up just who owns the phone number, unless of course one has a burner cellphone.... The FBI tracked Megan Wright down, and it seems like Megan has a desire for deniability when it comes to that number. Giving seven **friends**
accessibility to it, to perhaps hide just whom had it?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Dav1d

Wright told CNN that she had placed an online advertisement for an electronics item and used the cell phone number called by the Irwin-Bradley cell phone. She said the FBI saw the number and set up a fake appointment to buy the item shortly after baby Lisa went missing, Wright said. That is when the first interview occurred.

I understand you questioning the effectiveness of the police in this case..but concerning the FBI tactic to talk to Meagan Wright, I think that was very clever, and a good way..to get a real feel on what she was about.. as well as get other information, that she may not so easily give to law enforcement.

I'm not questioning how the FBI located her, it worked. I am questioning the NEED for this tactic. In my experience most legit cellphone service providers want your social security number, the provider wants to know who you are. Yes there are pay as you go service plans, and one can obtain this type of cellphone. My experience suggest that such a service comes with a premium in air time.... Perhaps understandable if you are very poor, but if one is that poor, I've got to kind of wonder at also being so rich as to give airtime to seven friends willyniliiy with no idea who is using it? In my opinion someone kind enough to give airtime to friends, is also not going to simply point their finger at seven friends and claim to have no idea when there is a baby involved. There is another layer here, either she didn't pay for the air time with her own money, or.....

I think if they really want inside info, and clues to what may have gone down, they perhaps need to get some of their information in an undercover sort of way.

I'm hearing they set up an appointment to buy electronics (as in cellphones perhaps?) she was selling, and as soon as she showed up they had her. Had her as in she was selling something hot? Or as in she had a stolen cellphone, perhaps? Not that they attempted to pump her for information, in anyway...

Hopefully there a few agencies pursuing this case with diligence, and a real determination to find baby Lisa.

I'm sure there is a lot of information that is not reaching the public, and if tidbits of it get out to media.. they are getting misinterpreted , or just exaggerated for the purpose of the whole media circus revenue.

Hmm card teams assist....

It seems rather hard to exaggerated, calling a media event to announce that you will not be releasing to the media "any details" about the case, and oh by the way the parents have QUIT COOPERATING with the police, and you can imagine what that means for baby Lisa, and the police will NOT be releasing any details. And did I tell you that the parents ARE NOT COOPERATING with the police. We don't have any strong leads.....

There are so many factors at play here, in the general public not getting the real truth, I can only hope that the law enforcement agencies do have some kind of handle on what really happened, and are determined to work diligently to uncover the truth, and find baby Lisa.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by blahandblahandyadayada2

I agree, very confusing. Am I now to believe ...

That's the question. What to believe.

We have reports (unconfirmed) by the police - but running rampant on National news.

Then there's the reports confirmed by the police that no ones listening to because they make no sense.

From there? It just get crazier and more mixed up.

This case is nothing if not quicksand.

peace

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Something that needs to be dated here.

In this video the reporter 'confirms' a rumor that's been circulating:

Megan (the woman who received a 50 second call recorded to her voice mail from one of the 'Brad-Win's' family phones) says the police informed her - her cell phone number was written on Lisa's mothers hand the night of Lisa's disappearance. Megan reiterated she does not know the 'Brad-Win' family.

We have no police confirmation of this report.

peace

edit on 1-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Brad-Win Family goes Trick or Treating

The video (also) contains information about the Shorts 'firing' and Tacopina's instance the parents are cooperating - even though they're not answering the important questions the police need to ask.

The video does NOT explain how allowing the media to film Lisa's brothers getting ready to trick-or-treat lends an air of 'normalcy' to their life... But hey....

The video does NOT explain why the media was invited into this home - the very home the family escaped to due to their exhaustion...because the family wanted a 'safe' haven from the...media...

The Families trying to shift the focus back onto finding Lisa..

Really? I'll believe that when the parents answer - separately - the questions the police need to ask for this case to 'go forward' as the police were quoted to say in earlier interviews and videos.

peace

edit on 1-11-2011 by silo13 because: bbc bold

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Deborah's brother leaves with detectives

Lisa Irwin's parents, Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, still have not sat down with authorities for an unrestricted interview since the second day of the investigation, police said.

But on Tuesday, two members of the Kansas City, MO police department came to the home on North Walrond where the family once stayed.

The two detectives left with Deborah's brother after half an hour inside the home.

Police have not said why they made the house visit.

I want to hear more!

GREAT FIND and THANK YOU to someone who isn't into posting but sent this to me via U2U.

Extremely interesting this blurb about the brother.

peace

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

There was reports of a black man in the area at about this time, with a baby. They were dismissed at the time of the reports, because of the mother claiming to have seen the baby at 10:30pm....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Updated

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) - A maternal uncle of missing baby Lisa Irwin is voluntarily meeting Tuesday with Kansas City Police Department detectives. The man is the brother of Debbie Bradley. He was with his sister on the afternoon of Oct. 3 when Bradley purchased a box of wine and food items at a Northland grocery store. Bradley has said she drank enough that night to pass out drunk. Jeremy Irwin, Lisa's father, called 911 about 4 a.m. Oct. 4 to say that his daughter had been snatched from her crib by a kidnapper while he was on an electrical job and while Bradley was sleeping.

www.kctv5.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Also David,Mike Thompson - who reported the 'strange man carrying the baby'? He's changed his story.

This time? The baby is wearing a shirt. In his first report she was only wearing a 'diaper'.

Lisa Irwin: Man says he saw man carrying baby with only a diaper on

Mike Thompson told ABC News said he didn't make the connection between missing Lisa Irwin and the baby and man he saw, until a week ago. Mike was about three miles away on his motorcycle coming home from work, when he saw a man who was between 5'7" to 5'8" tall and between 30-40 years old, carrying a baby. He said it seemed unusual to him, because it was cold outside and the baby had nothing but a diaper on.

edit on 1-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Kansas City, Mo. - Megan Wright, the woman who received a phone call from the cell phone of the mother of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, spoke out Monday saying she broke up with her boyfriend, Jersey, just weeks prior to Baby Lisa's disappearance. Jersey, whose given name is Johnny Tanko, is the man described as "homeless" by media, who was interviewed by authorities regarding the Baby Lisa case, however, in mid-October police announced he was not a suspect in her vanishing. Kansas City Police Dept. spokesperson Steve Young told KCTV “We spoke to him and are moving on.”

www.examiner.com...

Moving on.....
Not a suspect....
Perhaps just a little too quick to judge?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Dav1d

Also David,Mike Thompson - who reported the 'strange man carrying the baby'? He's changed his story.

A different man than the "black man" carrying a baby at a much later time.

This time? The baby is wearing a shirt. In his first report she was only wearing a 'diaper'.

Lisa Irwin: Man says he saw man carrying baby with only a diaper on

Mike Thompson told ABC News said he didn't make the connection between missing Lisa Irwin and the baby and man he saw, until a week ago. Mike was about three miles away on his motorcycle coming home from work, when he saw a man who was between 5'7" to 5'8" tall and between 30-40 years old, carrying a baby. He said it seemed unusual to him, because it was cold outside and the baby had nothing but a diaper on.

I don't SEE the change, Baby with NOTHING BUT A DIAPER ON seems consistent with ONLY A DIAPER ON...

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join