It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

don't know that I agree with David entirely in his line of thinking...but I am open minded enough to allow for many possibilities in this thread, including that the police have dropped the ball, the parents are responsible, or this is an abduction. Sometimes we get heated and passionate thinking OUR way of thinking is the only right way but that isn't necessarily so.

I totally and completely agree with you, Michelle.
I don't think MY line of thinking is the right one, I have only tried to express my "POV" on this very bizarre story.

Thanks for bringing some balance to the "debate."

I don't judge the family guilty OR innocent, I am merely watching the unfolding of the public info.
I still like to hold the idea that everyone in the family is safe, including Lisa.

Cheers, dear.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...#!/NancyGraceHLN?sk=wall

Witness says he's positively ID'd mystery man carrying baby and he is someone already KNOWN by investigators to be involved with this case ^^^^^^^
Nancy Grace, I'm not sure if she vets her info or just prints anything. Sorry if it's a rumor.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ok headline news has reported a SLEW of crazy stuff today. I do not KNOW if these items are true or not. I will post a link if I find one,b ut word is all this came from headline news tv today.

A) Jersey *( not sure if he's been discussed here , a handyman who wanders the neighborhood) is the EX BF of Megan Wright,, the girl who recieved phone call from the Irwin's phone.
B) Phone call came at 8:30 PM at night, NOT 230 AM, which is long before the
'phones were stolen'.
C) Deborah Irwin had Megan Wrights phone number WRITTEN on her hand the night in question. *( this one i have a bit of a problem with, seems unlikely)
D) Jersey stole a dog in neighborhood, perhaps even th Irwin dog, who subsequently did NOT bark when
intruder came up.

Ok that's a lot to digest. Like I say I'll look for a link and it may allb e rumor, so don't shoot the mesenger. But if 1 or2 of these items is indeed true, it does NOT look good for the mother !

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
HLN is the most gossipy sort of the news networks, so I'm not all that happy with the integrity of these pieces.. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Parents’ ex-attorney talks about rift with NY lawyer

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

Short said she learned that her services were no longer needed through media reports, not from the parents’ New York attorney, Joe Tacopina. When she contacted Lisa’s parents, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, they told her they thought it would be best for them to work with Tacopina, she said.

“Mr. Tacopina and I were not able to work as a team,” Short said this morning at a news conference outside her Westport law office. “Our goals and approach were so different that one of us had to go. And that someone is me.”

She said she thought the parents’ legal team should be paying more attention to gathering support and information locally; Tacopina was more interested in national exposure of the case, she said.

Read more: www.kansascity.com...

I know I'm not supposed to just paste an extraneous news story here, but....well, this really bothers me..

Tacopina could not be reached for immediate comment.

Capt. Steve Young, police spokesman, said there were no new developments or updates on Monday and police were continuing their investigation.

So, whatever Short or Taco say, there are no new developments for us here.
Just saying, all that's "media" is not gold.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ya know, if you go to the link, and read this story....
there's NADA about the Jersey Megan Wright whatever.

But look at the comments at the bottom of the story.
I am not alone in my feeling this is all just too questionable to stomach.

*sighs*
but, whatever, I'm just one of thousands....and just a bag full of hot air.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Ya know, if you go to the link, and read this story....
there's NADA about the Jersey Megan Wright whatever.

But look at the comments at the bottom of the story.
I am not alone in my feeling this is all just too questionable to stomach.

*sighs*
but, whatever, I'm just one of thousands....and just a bag full of hot air.

You're not a bag of hot air... but I think anyone ..including myself ..who would insist on how they would act and what they would do, given similar circumstances as the Irwins ..would all be blowing hot air.. because unless we truly understand EXACTLY what they have been through, and experienced it, including what they went through with LE ..we just can't say what we would do, how we would feel, or react to certain things.

That's all I meant..

I will add this though...I was a little surprised to read the quote below from you..considering the many types of posts you have made..and below is just a sampling of a few... very derogatory finger pointing towards Deborah..almost to the point..that I found it odd..and wondered what motivation you would have to paint such a horrible picture of these parents.

Please understand my confusion when you posted this..below...

I don't judge the family guilty OR innocent, I am merely watching the unfolding of the public info. I still like to hold the idea that everyone in the family is safe, including Lisa.

considering that you have appeared to stir the guilt in their direction throughout this thread.

It was established via her former Ft Bragg friends, that she was prone to doing things that made her not cool to be around. Way back when they interviewed them. It's just hearsay, but it was established...

Many scenarios have been presented and discussed. Are you following the case in the news or just here? It's all very mysterious. My hunch/scenario was at one point that Deborah arranged this "transfer" of custody to someone, then intentionally got drunk so she would not be able to "remember" what happened. Grabbing wipes and baby food along with her "memory-eradication substance" ....perhaps to give to the new custodian??

I do think the cell call video was of interest insofar as the reported stated that it just makes the parents look like they're avoiding the tough questions...I think if I were Deborah I would at this point go and ask to be put behind bars. If they don't prosecute her for obstruction and neglect I will be fascinated to know why.

And here's a new "scenario" that occurred to me, in light of all the possibilities we have presented and either left open for speculation or discarded on grounds of evidence to the contrary: FACTS: Deborah was the adult responsible for those children that night. She went to get her refreshments before Daddy left for work. She bought baby wipes. Q: Where are those baby wipes now? Are they in the home, where she left them, say, next to the "missing" cell phones? Or are they gone? FACT: Deborah drank herself into a stupor. If she doesn't remember if she blacked out or not, then she BLACKED OUT. That's the whole point. You don't REMEMBER what happened. And it's not "common" like she portrayed it in that interview something to the effect of "well, yeah, whenever anyone drinks, you know, sure, it's possible". Q: Why did she decide to drink so much that she would FAIL to remember what happened the night before? Perhaps, just perhaps, it was planned. She bought the wipes to give to whomever was taking Lisa, in some sort of twisted "nurturing" gesture. She herself turned on the lights, opened the door, and handed the baby over. But, she doesn't remember, because...well, she chose to dope herself in order to erase her memory of the event. I know this is far-fetched and quite alarming in theory, but what else is there to go on? No baby. No witnesses (except the boys). No phones. And she was the one who looks "INCOMPETENT" to care for those kids.

edit on 31-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
And check this out:
voices.kansascity.com...

Wrong lawyer is representing baby Lisa Irwin's parents
“Our goals and our approach were so different that one of us had to go, and it was me,” Short said. “I think Mr. Tacopina thought I would be less aggressive, maybe, less involved.”

It sounds as though Tacopina wanted a local co-counsel who would basically be on call if needed, certainly not a highly competent lawyer who actually wanted to get the case resolved. If so, Short was definitely the wrong co-counsel for “Hollywood Joe.” She works her cases hard. In the 10 days she was involved in the Irwin case, she organized a team of 17 volunteers to participate in community efforts to find Lisa and to support the family.

“I did it to stand up for Jeremy and Deborah and avoid a wrongful arrest and conviction,” Short said. “I saw a family that needed help and services in order to cope with immense stress.”

Yeah. Maybe will lend a little "not-just-wildtimes and more credible" insight into KC's mindset.
*sigh*

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I know this is far-fetched and quite alarming in theory, but what else is there to go on? No baby. No witnesses (except the boys). No phones. And she was the one who looks "INCOMPETENT" to care for those kids

Yeah, that's the bit you posted as my point.

Read it again, gabs.
I KNOW this is far-fetched. But what about the fact that she was drunk when she had 3 kids under her supervision?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I know this is far-fetched and quite alarming in theory, but what else is there to go on? No baby. No witnesses (except the boys). No phones. And she was the one who looks "INCOMPETENT" to care for those kids

Yeah, that's the bit you posted as my point.

Read it again, gabs.
I KNOW this is far-fetched. But what about the fact that she was drunk when she had 3 kids under her supervision?

My point is..you have been accusing and pointing a finger and sometimes very maliciously.. and if you read the few posts a quoted from you..you can see why I make that point..

..I will add that was only a FEW..

so.. you can understand my confusion when now you are posting things like this below..after so many derogatory ones towards Deborah , or both the Irwins.

I don't judge the family guilty OR innocent, I am merely watching the unfolding of the public info. I still like to hold the idea that everyone in the family is safe, including Lisa.

if you want to rant on some more about how lousy of a parent she was because she got drunk...well..I rest my case..

you have used everything you can to judge her as a human, as a parent, and even go on to say that she coordinated this whole scenario to sell her child..

You tell me what is NOT judgmental about that.

So please..don't try and tell me now..that you don NOT judge the family as innocent or guilty...

That's some serious back peddling..if you ask me..and not much accountability for the many posts you have made that clearly show who you are pointing the finger at, and quite maliciously ..I may add.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

well, gabby2011, I in fact did NOT ask you.

And, if I'm not mistaken, I have said repeatedly in this thread that I am a writer, a thinker, a speculator, and an observer. I am doing nothing but throwing out ideas about what MIGHT have happened, and what my thoughts are.

So, yeah.

Fine,
I DO think it's abhorrent that she was blacked-out drunk when she had 3 kids in her care.
I DO think she has made some very screwy decisions about how to handle things since.
I DO think that she and her partner have made a mess of this entire investigation.....

There were other options available to them. They have chosen the options that they saw best. In MY OPINION, those were poor choices.

Are we done now??

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Some here give the impression they love to blow things out of proportion, exaggerate....

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You make some excellent points, Gabby2011

edit on 31-10-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

And, if I'm not mistaken, I have said repeatedly in this thread that I am a writer, a thinker, a speculator, and an observer. I am doing nothing but throwing out ideas about what MIGHT have happened, and what my thoughts are.

I am also a thinker , speculator, observer, and when I see someone so desperate to throw victims of such a crime under the bus , with their speculations.. it concerns me deeply, and makes me think as to why ..just why would someone have motivation to be so harshly judging ?... almost like a part they have been chosen to play.. in a game of smoke and mirrors.

There are a lot of imperfect parents out there..who struggle with different issues.. but they still DEEPLY love their children...and aren't out to hurt..or sell them in some crazy scheme..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Okay, you two carry on.
I'm done here (and I'm sure I see you in my mind's eye saying 'Oh Thank You God')
No sense tryiing to talk sense into some people who are devoid of.....nonono....T&C

adios amigos!
peace!!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Can we please stop with all the back and forth attacking and try to maintain civility? I understand that emotions are high and people's opinions and beliefs are strong. It just seems like it takes away from the thread.

Thanks

IWOH

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IwasOnceHappy
Can we please stop with all the back and forth attacking and try to maintain civility? I understand that emotions are high and people's opinions and beliefs are strong. It just seems like it takes away from the thread.

Thanks

IWOH

sorry but there has been a lot of attacking on the parents of baby Lisa....especially Deborah..and I see no civility in that.

I am stating how I feel about that, and pointing it out.

It is not off topic..and has to do with what has been posted here..

What has taken away from this thread is the very malicious attacks on Deborah Irwin's character....over and over again..and I choose to address that.

Should the malicious attacking , and judgements on Deborah be ok?.. but I can't say how I feel about them?

edit on 31-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You can address the attacks upon that person certainly.
However, its all about the manner in which you address it. If you address it and happen to use personal attacks in kind, then that falls foul of this sites Terms and Conditions.

While I may agree that attacks shouldn't happen - the reality is that person is not a Member of this website, so doesn't fall within any rule of 'Don't attack other Members'.
There's a difference there...albeit a slight one.

That said, it all boils down to "Its not what you say, but how you say it" on either side of the *argument*

In which case: I'd encourage everyone to keep things civil.
Discuss definitely. Debate certainly. Be passionate about it if you will...but there is no reason to become poisonous about it.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I saw the mod post above mine.

I removed this one, wish I could delete it.
edit on 31-10-2011 by IwasOnceHappy because: Saw Mod Post Above

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join