It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You may be proud of how you view things , and the digging into the "media garbage " for this thread...but I have seen a side of you,that I will not forget, a very petty judgmental accusing side, all in the pretext of caring about a baby.

No one condones parents getting drunk when taking care of children... but it doesn't make them "murderers".

You went off topic with your reply , so I am replying to your off topic reply..

If it gets taken down..I would hope yours does as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Silo, I'm sorry that I don't know, but are you in the US?

No I'm not. Good instincts you've got there.

I've noticed and it won't surprise folks at ATS, that the media often , in fact possibly always, distorts or withholds info.

Do you think that's due to shoddy journalism - or because they're so used to having their hands tied over what they can and cannot say they've pretty much just given up?

I don't know if that is to use later for more ratings or at the request of law enforcement or what. But they are sneaky with what they say or don't say.

I've noticed that. In the instance of the interview of Lisa's mothers friends. They gave one interview (like what 1 minute long if that) and then said 'Coming up later...' So that ratings thing was the game there I see now thanks to you.

So it wouldn't surprise me one bit to know the media is withholding info from us. Whether or not it is to decieve or is to AID thepolice is the search is the question.

There's that too. I wondered about that earlier when they reported the police were pushing for a confession and then immediately broke the story about yet another witness - and then the cadaver dogs - both stories they'd known about for a couple of days. The timing was just far too obvious.

Think about that megan kelly interview............did yu think of another 30 questions she SHOULD HAVE asked and did not? You see what I mean? She gave her the 'softball' questions. That is the ones that are not that improtant to answer and don't really tell us anything concrete.

I honestly didn't understand that interview a bit. I was sitting back going - WHAT? IS THAT ALL? I couldn't understand why there was nothing 'hard ball' at all. Nope, I didn't understand that at all.

What is it we don't know the police are not letting us know? I feel like it's a puzzle missing one little piece that would make everything come clear - and they know it - and are not telling.

Grrr. LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well you can bet the police know much more than we do, as it should be really. If they told us, therefore telling the family, all the evidence they have then the family would know if they are close or far from making an arrest or finding lisa anywhere. So i think police often do withhold lots of info, with aid of the media, to keep the family guessing about how much they know. It's frustrating as it seems to have stalled with nothing really new coming up.
But the police have the right and actually I agree that they should NOT DISCLOSE all they know. If there is a kindapper out there and he's seen the attention swarming around the parents, he's liable to get real comfy and lax in his ways and let something slip and get caught . See?
edit on 23-10-2011 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Why do you read it if it's so upsetting to you . A kind and tender heart when it comes to crimes against children is a very good thing to have and there is no shame in veering away from this type of forum if it's too upsetting for you to read. You're entitled to your belief as everyone else is entitled to theirs. But you seem to be saying your beliefs are the only valid ones and discounting the others. If you were the officer in charge of this case would you lookaat the parents at all? Or just believe their words ' we didnt do it' and go on? That would be absolute negligence on part of the police to not look at all possibilities. And frankly the mother has put herself right in the hot seat with her ever changing story. If she' been consistent from day one then she'd be out of the news already and this thread would have no purpose and would likely have dried up by now. The fact is she acts suspiciously. Whatever is in your life that makes that uncomfortable for you to accept has nothing to do with this. Statistically most kids who disappear or are injured are victimized by family members. Its' a horrible society where that is the case but that is the case !

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Baby Lisa Irwin Search Continues

Former FBI Brad Garret gives his opinion on the case.

This is a ROUGH transcript of the above for those who can't view the video.

First breaking down the timeline of the 'sightings'

- You don't know if the time line is connected with Lisa.

- Timeline from midnight to 0400 in the am - and you're spotted in the proximity of the neighborhood? Logic says an abductor would not be walking around all that time. You abduct a child to take them to another location.

- Can you connect the lines in the timeline? No.

He's asked: What about the fire in the dumpster?

- It's only a good lead if you can connect Lisa or someone involved with Lisa to the dumpster. Does anything forensically match? DNA? If no? There's no connection.

Question: What about the 'hit' from the cadaver dogs but the carpet was undisturbed.

- Well, if we have good information. Maybe they got a hit on something around the bed and they took it. I'm not sure it makes any sense if you got an actual hit that you didn't take it to a lab extract dna and compare it to Lisa's.

peace
edit on 23-10-2011 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

I try and put some balance in the thread schmae..
..and appreciate the others that have as well..

If I were the police??..what would I have done?

First off when interviewing Debbie.. I would have have shown that I have compassion for a parent who finds themselves in a very bad situation..due to their own neglect.

I would have tried to make her feel, that sometimes parents screw up, and get scared, and its better to be honest about it now..and tell me everything she knows..so we can help her. I would have encouraged her honesty, and made her feel that we cared about what happened to the baby, and we weren't all about "judging" her and her partner.

I also would have diligently followed all other leads....and still would be.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Anyone questioning some info coming out about 'mom' or parents, thinking some things are just rumor, well.....Mom & Dad, did quite a few interviews & Mom admitted she drank & 'possibly' blacked out. She was the only adult home to care for the children when this occurred. This is in NO way o.k. NO way. Like I said before, it is irresponsible, neglectful, endangerment......my opinion is, she should be charged now with child endangerment. she admitted to drinking herself drunk & possibly blacking out, while supposed to be caring for 3 children...Anyone who thinks this is o.k......your wrong.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Hmm, it's better to be honest about it now? So parents make mistakes and now it's time to come clean. Are you referring to the being drunk on that night part?
lAlso the police are still investigating scores of leads in and out of the state. So they do not have tunnel vision on just her. They are looking at everything. But it seems all the other leads turn into nothing at the very same time that things are getting stranger and stranger in the familys story.

''I would have encouraged her honesty, and made her feel that we cared about what happened to the baby, and we weren't all about "judging" her and her partner. ''' We dont' know, you or I, that this is not exactly what the police did , do we?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Anyone questioning some info coming out about 'mom' or parents, thinking some things are just rumor, well.....Mom & Dad, did quite a few interviews & Mom admitted she drank & 'possibly' blacked out. She was the only adult home to care for the children when this occurred. This is in NO way o.k. NO way. Like I said before, it is irresponsible, neglectful, endangerment......my opinion is, she should be charged now with child endangerment. she admitted to drinking herself drunk & possibly blacking out, while supposed to be caring for 3 children...Anyone who thinks this is o.k......your wrong.

It is absolutely not ok...

We should round up every alcoholic parent, and take away their children.

they can be put in Foster care..where they are sexually abused.. and not cared for..

Yep..every alcoholic parent should have all their children taken away...pronto...

Please..realize..that I am not saying its ok for parents to get drunk...

But lets be realistic.. if every child that has lived in an alcoholic or drug abuse home were taken away from their parents... we would have even more "unhappy" children in the system..

Being an alcoholic is not a good thing.. but it doesn't make you a murderer...it means you have addiction problems.. and are not dealing with life in a healthy way.

edit on 23-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Part of the reason that foreign reporting might be more specific is probably to avoid another Casey Anthony type thing. IF the detectives have enough to charge her, then the District Attorney has to decide if they're going to prosecute or not.

If they DO prosecute, they don't want all of Kansas City priveleged to all the information...because those people would be the pontential jurors. I've no doubt that the local DA doesn't want a re-run of the Casey Anthony debacle. There were many lessons to be learned for the DA and journalists and police in that aftermath of that case.

Having said that, what sickens me is that the media are replaying the Anthony scenario, too, with these asinine interviews, articles, etc. They should know better by now than to prejudice the whole damned world against this mother if they are NOT going to prosecute her.

And SHE is an idiot for allowing the media to contact and PAY HER to talk.
Disgusting.

Again, I wonder how much money she's been offered and received for these "exclusive" interviews? And are they flying her all over the place to do them, or they coming to her home??

And how about the boys' reactions to seeing Deborah all over the tv?

The whole thing is becoming a 3-ring circus. I didn't follow the Anthony case until the trial actually started, and then I watched it on commercial-free courtroom closed circuit CNN. I tried to avoid Nancy DISgrace (and still have - she make me absolutely want to heave - low-class sensationalist scum!!) and all MSM coverage of it.

I'm interested now from a post-Anthony pov -- as in, I want to try to "figure it out" myself. It's a mystery. And sadly, it's a little child's life that created it. The media is in no way less guilty of the freak-show mentality than is Deborah guilty of lying and exhibiting exceptionally poor parenting.

And she continues to do so -- but then, those are not HER boys, right?

Parenting FAIL

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Because of mom's drunken negligence , Lisa may be victimized right now. So which is worse ? Foster care or a pedophile who might have stolen her from her home? If you beleive her mother is innocent, then where do YOU believe Lisa is? Kidnappers of children only have a few things on their mind and we all know it. It's unlikely she was taken for any positive reason.
So what is the difference?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae

Hmm, it's better to be honest about it now? So parents make mistakes and now it's time to come clean. Are you referring to the being drunk on that night part?
lAlso the police are still investigating scores of leads in and out of the state. So they do not have tunnel vision on just her. They are looking at everything. But it seems all the other leads turn into nothing at the very same time that things are getting stranger and stranger in the familys story.

''I would have encouraged her honesty, and made her feel that we cared about what happened to the baby, and we weren't all about "judging" her and her partner. ''' We dont' know, you or I, that this is not exactly what the police did , do we?

I meant I would have encouraged honesty , and shown compassion if 'something" may have gone wrong.. from the very beginning.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae

Because of mom's drunken negligence , Lisa may be victimized right now. So which is worse ? Foster care or a pedophile who might have stolen her from her home? If you beleive her mother is innocent, then where do YOU believe Lisa is? Kidnappers of children only have a few things on their mind and we all know it. It's unlikely she was taken for any positive reason.
So what is the difference?

PLEASE PLEASE ..quit putting words in my mouth.

I never ever said she WAS innocent.. but I do think if the baby died while in her care..it was NOT murder..and the result of an accident due to improper supervision.

I think she could be innocent.. and until all the facts are presented.. I won't decide.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

By something gone wrong , are you referring to a possible accidental death of Lisa? I think the time to fess up to an accident has come and gone , though. Wouldn't you agree that that should have been discussed days and days ago. I cannot figure out this mother at all. I don't have a clue what happened. But I tell you I find an intruder / stranger unlikely at this point . I think mom is guilty of an accident or worse. There's no reason for all this back and forth if you are not. You have mentioned how she's treated etc etc and I agree she's being pointed the finger at. BUT she was NOT pointed at until days and days had alredy gone by and her story changed . it's not as if on day one the publci outcry was GUILTY MOM.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just watched this interview. Weird, for one thing, how they're showing the fam's home address in Google maps -- there are enough people still crazed enough about Casey A that I wouldn't be suprised if Deborah needs to be in protective custody at this point.

They seem to be setting her up to be crucified.

Second, as for the carpet they removed....did it appear to be wall-to-wall ripped-out carpet? With jagged edges, and a pad, maybe?
If not, it could well have been a large area rug that was laid ON TOP of the pristine clean carpet shown in the video. Many people use large area rugs to protect wall-to-wall.
Also, if the fam was invited to go back home, who's to say they didn't have a carpet-guy come in and Quick! Replace it!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Have the police searched the computer's hard drive? Im wondering if that might hold any clues as to what really happened with Lisa.

@ Wildtimes, are/were you in law enforcement? Your suggestion of how to interview the Deborah's sons/lisa's brothers was almost word for word how it is recommended that little children be "questioned" by LEOs. Especially the drawing a picture part.
edit on 23-10-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have to agree with Gabby...

This is no place for "Kangaroo Court".

If she hurt that baby...The facts will come out.

I hope to God none of our children are ever taken.

Just a thought....But what if she is innocent?

All we have heard is a few interviews and the media.

Remember the guy CNN convicted in the Olympic Park Bombing?

It can happen...It does happen...Ramsey, Smart...

If we look a prescription bottles as evidence...Lock me up now.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I was a psychotherapist, clinical social worker specializing in Children and Families, emphasis on therapy.
I'm glad to hear LEO is using those tenets for interviews!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

If she hurt that baby...The facts will come out.

I hope to God none of our children are ever taken.

Just a thought....But what if she is innocent?

I hope so, too. But even if she IS innocent of involvement with Lisa's disappearance, she is certainly NOT innocent of poor, neglectful, irresponsible parenting, child endangerment, and obstruction of justice (lying).

She should already be charged with those things, at the very least. She has confessed to them publicly. What better way to make an example to others who feel it's okay to be black-out drunk while you have 3 small children in your care? I've already mentioned the fact that her bedroom is OPPOSITE to Lisa's in the home, and she sleeps it off with a fan on HIGH. Just really shaky.

Am I saying the other kids should be removed? No. The entire family needs to be in counseling and under supervision. In Missouri, the Dept of Family Services (which has a horrid reputation btw) is bound to do everything BUT take the kids away. They would start first with assigning a case manager, and getting Deborah and the whole fam into counseling to address whatever problems they have.

They would be given MONTHS to clean up their act.

Just sayin'. Learned it on the beat.
ETA: And after those months, if she is STILL neglectful, only THEN would they consider putting the other kids in someone else's care, and it would be a family member first....foster parents are only as a last resort if the parents AND their family are unable to get it together.
edit on 23-10-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

If the facts are true I agree.

Why has she never hurt those boys?

She waits until her third child to decide to kill one.

I have a general distrust of the media.

Take Megyn Kelly's interview. After she got the "I blacked out" admission.

Enter Megyn's good friend Joe Tacapino.

Megyn just said she was "unsophisticated".

I did not get the feeling Megyn Kelly thought she was guilty.

Yet it did not stop her from making her look guilty as sin.

I hope she got the ratings she was looking for.

I think I will wait for the Grand Jury...

I am going to afford this woman her "Constitutional Rights".

No matter what the media says.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join