It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Putting up reward money does not always mean its an actual reward. There have been instances where rewards have been offered, and the people offering it know full well it will never be paid out.

Going down the hypothetical road here -
It can lead to the appearance of legitimacy to the story being told.

Exactly....
thanks for pointing that out.
The whole thing -- the NYC slimeball lawyer, 'Wild Bill' (also a NYC roughian), and this enormous so-called 'reward'...
There is nowhere NEAR that much offered for any of the other missing children right now.

And put up by a 'family member' really makes me wonder. Early on I hypothesized that it was an inside job, and all this inappropriate 'publicity', the huge 'reward', the locked lips, the phones, ALL of it is just too convenient. I have not let go of the possibility that the baby was spirited away by an individual within the close circle of the family, who knew the dog, and the house, and also had some kind of agenda for squashing Deborah and Jeremy between two pieces of glass for viewing under a microscope.

The back history of her family and her own upbringing, the still-married status, both having a kid from other pairings; it just is so bizarre it seems like a bad B movie.

They are not going to find Lisa, ever, I fear.
I don't know how much more the family can milk the media/public for, but what is going on with that? Why is this benevolent reward-offerer so silent? Why would they want to be anonymous? Do they even exist? Is there an escrow account? Has anyone seen the cash, or the account statement? All I've 'seen' is that Deborah has had two makeovers, and Jeremy seems to be semi-catatonic. That is all.

Did D and J have some nefarious underground dealings going on? Were they defrauding anyone or any social service?
Were the boys' 'other parents' upset or determined to sink their ship?
Was it this benefactor's plan to whisk Lisa to a private estate fully staffed with personnel, allowing her to be isolated there and never seen in public?
It just doesn't seem that out-of-this-world crazy.

And again......this 'reward' money. Would the police not want the name and info on this person? How can they remain actually 'anonymous' with a case like this? It seems talking to that person would be CRITICALLY important to the investigation.
But I'm not in charge (thank God -- what a nightmare)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Xcathdra

And again......this 'reward' money. Would the police not want the name and info on this person? How can they remain actually 'anonymous' with a case like this? It seems talking to that person would be CRITICALLY important to the investigation.
But I'm not in charge (thank God -- what a nightmare)

This part of your last reply has been weighing on my mind today. Way back in the posts I also asked the question, maybe not worded as well as your posts, if the money was offered to bring the case to light. Maybe knowing they will never have to pay the actual money.

What has been on my mind in the quoted post above is, how do we know the police do not actually know who the anonymous person is? The police are not talking about the case that much (I think it is wise of them). What if they already know and just respected the privacy of the "anonymous" person to remain anonymous to the public? I would think that they would have investigated that part early on to take them out of the equation.

I am not the police and don't know, just been thinking about it.

IWOH

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
KC police say body found in Va. is not Lisa Irwin

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Kansas City police say the remains of an 11-month-old girl found in Virginia are not those of Lisa Irwin.

KMBC-TV reports (http://(link tracking not allowed)/x6rlNw ) that Internet postings raised speculation Tuesday that the Virginia child might be Lisa, who was 10 months old when she disappeared from her Kansas City home last October.

But Kansas City police spokesman Steve Young says tests showed the body was not that of the missing Missouri girl.

Lisa was reported missing just after 4 a.m. on Oct. 4, when her father arrived home from work and found the lights on, a window ajar and the front door was unlocked.

Lisa's parents, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin, have said they believe a stranger broke into their house and kidnapped their daughter as Bradley slept.

Information from: KMBC-TV, www.kmbc.com...

on the off chance people saw the original new blurb by not the follow up.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Worth a read, for anyone following this case: www.websleuths.com...

"Yes. Bill Stanton went to all the different media outlets offering this up with the condition that he not be named as the source. I don't work like that. If he wanted to present this information on the record as a family representative then maybe I would report it.

You ask if it is credible. I would use the word accurate.

Is it accurate? I have no way of knowing because i'm getting it second hand or possibly third hand so I cant ask follow up questions or figure out what if the source has some other interest going on." ,,,imo

I have much respect for Jim Spellman.
edit on 18-2-2012 by blahandblahandyadayada2 because: no reason

edit on 18-2-2012 by blahandblahandyadayada2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by blahandblahandyadayada2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I hear 'Dane' (Dane 'Diggler' Greathouse) was arrested last night for stabbing a man. I'm having trouble finding any more info but I'm not up for sitting at the computer much longer (I've got pneumonia). Anyone have any info please post it. You never know when something like this might push someone into saying more than they might have before... Especially considering there were many who still have a lot of questions concerning Dane's possible involvement with little Lisa disappearing.

Thanks

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

KMBC News Kansas City
MSNBC News - Arrest Made in Overnight Gladstone Stabbing

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — KMBC.com

An arrest has been made in connection to an overnight stabbing in Gladstone, Mo.

Dane Greathouse, 28, has been charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action after allegedly stabbing 31-year-old Greg Robinson May early Saturday morning.

The incident involved two scenes.

Gladstone police responded to the Vienna Square apartments at 64th St. and North Oak Trafficway at around 5:30 a.m. Officers learned that an individual had been assaulted with a knife.

The victim's car had been previously been discovered in the AMF Bowling Center parking lot at North Oak Trafficway and Vivion Rd. at 4:30 a.m. by Kansas City police.

Robinson was transported to Truman Medical Center where he underwent surgery for his injuries. The victim remains listed as stable, but is in fair, serious condition.

Click link for remainder of article.

If he is somehow linked to the Baby Lisa case I could see Prosecutors / Police pushing for information on Baby Lisa in exchange for reduced charges / Time. Im a bit confused by the in stable, but fair serious condition. Those terms dont even go together for medical status updates.

Missouri CaseNet
edit on 19-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that KCTV wrote an article about the case. It basically says the police are still investigating it and there is no real "NEW" news about the case. They did state that they received some new TIPS after the Dr. Phil show, but most were opinions.

Here is a link to the article:

Search for Lisa continues 5 months later

It looks like the same article was posted on the site Ozarks.First.com (it cites the same writer and looks like the same piece). People local probably know the site, is it a local site for the region?

Search For Baby Lisa Continues Five Months Later

I think about the case about once a week, probably should think about it more. Just depressing.

IWOH

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IwasOnceHappy

Thanks for the info.
I too check this thread daily, in the hope that there would be some fresh news.
Also i check various news sites everyday, just incase something breaks.
Still praying for baby lisa

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IwasOnceHappy

Hey, thanks for those links. I admit, I live here (in Lisa's home city), and I check the news every couple or three days, but I've sort of "given up" or "lost interest."

I care no less that Lisa's whereabouts are discovered and the guilty parties charged, convicted, and duly punished....
but....
despite what Det. Young says, the case is losing momentum.

I wonder what you guys think of this "phenomenon".....
that a situation gets so desperate and troubling that you finally say, "You know what? I'm over it."

I recall my kids' dad saying, after a semi-intense "litigation" thing (
) that we went through: "I'm over it."

At some point, I fear I'm just going to throw down my "riveted" snack and blow my cheeks out in frustration and get on with things. God and all angels bless Lisa.

edit on 5-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I fully understand what you are saying, but for me i just can't drop it.
I followed the Matthews case, and still following the MCcan case, here in the UK.
I think i'd feel guilty, if i just let any of it go, and give up.
That might sound silly to most, but i really feel i would be letting baby Lisa or little Maddie down.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I've been coming to the thread less often - only because I don't need to keep beating myself up over it. I can't do anything more than I'm doing to help. Now, it's just time. Unbelievable how fast the time has flown. We're already past another anniversary of her going gone.

peace

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I've been coming to the thread less often - only because I don't need to keep beating myself up over it. I can't do anything more than I'm doing to help. Now, it's just time. Unbelievable how fast the time has flown. We're already past another anniversary of her going gone.

peace

this thread makes me sad too...

i wish there was something we could do.

All I can do, I'm afraid... is pray.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andypb

I followed the Matthews case, and still following the MCcan case, here in the UK.
I think i'd feel guilty, if i just let any of it go, and give up.
That might sound silly to most, but i really feel i would be letting baby Lisa or little Maddie down.

Please don't misunderstand, I am very much still following the case, and the McCann case as well.
But I just don't know what to do. There's not much any of us can do except follow along, and keep our eyes peeled.

It's tragic. Every time I see (in a pic or my mind's eye) that little sweetie standing at the glass door my heart aches.
There's just so much stupidity and barbarity in our world, and always has been. It's discouraging, and sickening.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I totally agree with what you say, and there was no misunderstanding from me,
and i'm truly sorry if my post came across like that.

Like you said, there's not much we can do now for baby Lisa,(or Maddie), alll we can do is pray, hope,and wish that they find them and bring whoever is responsible to justice.
We live in a world where we have to watch our kids like hawks, and remind them of the monsters that lurk on our streets.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just book marking this thread again, as it went missing from my subscribed thread list.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I was hoping to come in here and see some updates or info that might actually find the child.

It is so depressing. These are the kinds of things I think about when I try to go to sleep.

I keep meditating on the one sentence... " you can't see the forest for the trees " and I know it is probably stupid but I just keep seeing a forest. When I heard that volunteers were searching in a forest, I got my hopes up...but still nothing.

Maybe all we have is hope?... maybe it is only small now as time goes by but where there is hope there is a chance of finding her alive. People won't give up looking and that is a good thing.

I don't believe she is dead. I believe there is a vital clue in the forest and that when it is found...they will find her. Maybe it is the mobile phones?

edit on 26/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit to add

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

www.findlisairwin.com... I will not let it drop!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahandblahandyadayada2
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

www.findlisairwin.com... I will not let it drop!

how recent is this webpage?

feel it is good that they are getting the info out there especially with Lisa's birthmarks etc.

I get the feeling they believe that she has been kidnapped and is being raised by another family.

thx for the link

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Lisa has been gone 6 months, so her sites "Creator" ... decided to closed it for maintenance???

So db, you shut down a website you created "around" the last chance anyone is still paying attention/looking for "Lisa"

link to follow

God Speed Truth for Lisa!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahandblahandyadayada2
reply to post by Thurisaz

Lisa has been gone 6 months, so her sites "Creator" ... decided to closed it for maintenance???

So db, you shut down a website you created "around" the last chance anyone is still paying attention/looking for "Lisa"

link to follow

God Speed Truth for Lisa!

To occupy her time, Picerno said, " Bradley has created a website aimed at finding Lisa or gathering clues to her disappearance."

As of Tuesday night, the website — findlisairwin.com... — was closed for maintenance. It had contained numerous photos of Lisa with her piercing blue eyes and “golden blonde hair that sometimes in the light appears be auburn.”

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy

www.kansascity.com...

edit on 4-4-2012 by blahandblahandyadayada2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2012 by blahandblahandyadayada2 because: none

edit on 4-4-2012 by blahandblahandyadayada2 because: none

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196 >>

join