It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bemi76

Please have a look at the two links Thurisaz posted above for more up-to-date information.

As for the uncle, we aren't even sure if it's really him, or someone posing as him. His story, though, has been consistent from what I've seen. It's likely he has more than one screen persona on FB, and I'm not going to spend my time trying to decipher all of it, but yes, he claims he was in KC and was interviewed by the FBI, and that he has been in touch with Law Enforcement and Investigators from the beginning.

The threats are news to me...but clearly from the story the voice was a woman's. This is interesting...I wonder if LE will now tap the phones of the employers that have received these threatening phone calls, or if they can access the pay-phone records (probably so).

If you look at the first link in Thur's post, the story links to a blog entry by Ron Rugen, a local investigator who's been doing an independent look into the case. He apparently is also in communication with LE, which is good.

Here's the link to that one posted on Wednesday last, the 11th of Jan:
Missing Lisa Irwin: 100 Days

It has now been 100 days since Lisa Irwin went missing from her home in Kansas City, Missouri's northland. If she is safe, she is 14 months old as of today. As time has passed, while it may feel we are no closer to answers, we have at least eliminated some questions.

In the last few months, I have received several emails and phone calls about Lisa's disappearance. Some of the correspondence has been theories or "gut feelings" from those who wanted to get my input or have me check information. While still other reactions have been things I have been asked to check into. Anything relevant I have come across, I have called Kansas City police with the information.

When I say the Kansas City police department has not always been forthright, that is not at all a criticism. It is an observation. It has become a commonly held belief and accepted that police do this to get people to confess or otherwise provide information. Another example of inaccuracies was when authorities told Megan Wright (the woman whose phone was attempted to be dialed by someone on Bradley's phone that night) that her phone number was written on Deborah Bradley's hand. Both women deny knowing each other and the lack of evidence in phone records back that up.

Speaking of phone records, we have been granted legal access to Megan Wright's phone records from that night. Interestingly, that attempted call from Deborah Bradley's phone at 11:57 p.m. never reached Wright's phone. Many of us believe that phone call is key to this case. Whomever made that phone call was likely trying to reach either Megan or John "Jersey" Tanko. If you remember, Megan and Jersey had dated for five months but then had broke up under two weeks before Lisa's disappearance. Did whoever make that call know Jersey was no longer reachable at that number? Did they have the phone number memorized or was it written down?

Further, was there really an attempt to access the internet or voice mail from Bradley's phone at 3:17 a.m. and 3:22 a.m.? Or, is this another phone number written on the hand gimmick?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If this is true it would sure tie up those loose ends! Just to name a FEW.

- Why the dog 'hit' on something in the bedroom.

- Why the dogs/police spent so much time looking through and digging through the brush and areas outside.

- Explain why Deborah said 'I was afraid to look behind the house. I was afraid what I might find' (Liars keep so close to the truth).

- Explain the sightings (if those were anything but coincidences).

If I had to bet - I mean HAD to? I'd bet this was as close to the truth as anything we've seen so far. And honestly my first though besides 'Poor Lisa'? Is poor Jeremy - though I'm not sure if I'm ready to reason all that out yet.

peace

edit on 17-1-2012 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It might be crazy, but:
In the search it might be helpful (an idea) to check what tv shows were on tv during the previous week, previous few days of oct 4. There might have been some kind of detective show that the person (whoever it was) watched, and he/she had to think fast, and used the idea from it where to hide the baby.

I wish the investigators would give out some kind of statement too about what is going on with the case. Although if I can wish for something I wish she would be found.

If what the uncle is saying is true, the only part that is hard to beleive is if so many people are involved, and noone speaks? plus no offence to them, but they do not seem sophisticated enough to do a crime without leaving any trace, and to trick the law enforcment and FBI. If it is true, they at least had to have much more time to prepare it, than the timeline would suggest.

When I rewatched the first interviews, I thought they looked like they know more, and they are hiding something, and I cannot place it, but something is so strange to me about how the mother speaks about the boys (brothers of Lisa), didn't anyone have a strange feeling about that?

edit on 17-1-2012 by bemi76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I just 'snapped' this off of FB.

NOTE: I edited OUT any reference to 'likes', other messages, etc. This is ONLY what HE posted.

I think the police/FBI etc are getting closer to the truth every day.

Or that's what I tell myself.

peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bemi76

Yes, we all think it's weird. It's weird in many ways. The fact that the parents simply will NOT speak to law enforcement separately, without their "lawyers" is weird. They are not out looking for her themselves; weiird. They asked the group of civilians who were holding vigils to go away. They tried to prevent the boys from talking to the investigators. They have these mucky-muck NYC guys representing them; Tacopina also has represented Van der Sloot in the past, mob bosses, corrupt government officials...

This uncle Johnny has said the same thing over and over, since the beginning. He is consistent, even in the face of his attackers and mockers and haters. If... IF he is lying, he'd have been shut down already...facebook does coordinate with law enforcement to help solve crimes and identify criminals. At the very least, the Netz family could have sued him for slander and libel. But they have not. Is he in protective custody in a safe-house somewhere? I don't know. Maybe.

I think that the more time that goes by, the less evidence of the poor baby's remains will have to offer, much like with Caylee Anthony...and then, poof, there's not enough hard evidence to convict, and Deborah goes free. The attorneys know this. "Keep your mouth shut until it's too late for them to find anything useful, and you will get away with this."

This, actually, is the ONLY story that makes sense to me. But there's still the chance she was stolen. We just don't know.
Thank heaven and all that is divine for karma. .... one day the evildoer that disappeared this toddler and is dancing freely now, will pay the fiddler

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Crimes like this cannot go unpunished. There is an obvious crime from the mother's story, that led to the babies disappearance. So at least one charge has to be made, if not, parents can get away with anything.

LAWS have to change in order to protect the childer.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hey guys! I was just browsing the fb BLIU page, and found this, from 3 hours ago, posted by a local who has been involved with the local civilian search group(s):

Sherry Parr Yes--Susan is right. I spoke with a police woman last night --she is following this closely--she could not tell me details , but did state they expect to begin arresting people quite soon. I sure would like to know what she knows --MORE importantly-I PRAY she is right !!

So, let's hope we get some affirmative action SOON!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks Wild - that's the same info I've been hearing but have been really hesitant to post it - I'm afraid a jinxing anything. I've got another link here though let me go find it again.

If nothing else it's good to hear the police have never just 'given up' as some have led us to believe...

peace

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bemi76
Crimes like this cannot go unpunished. There is an obvious crime from the mother's story, that led to the babies disappearance. So at least one charge has to be made, if not, parents can get away with anything.

LAWS have to change in order to protect the childer.

2 words come to mind in situations like this.

Prove it.

When doing an investigation its irrelevant what we think, It only matters what we can prove. I agree a crime took place, but we can set the criminal justice system aside. As with all crimes of this nature, the truth will come out. Somewhere, at sometime, a person with knowledge of what occurred will either slip up, forget the lies they told and change them, or will have a crisis of conscious and come clean.

Until that happens the investigation continues. I would rather see the investigation dragged out over years if it means putting the responsible parties behind bars rather than a quick rush to prosecute only to have the charges dropped because of an oversight.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes, you are right, I agree, there is no case without solid evidence, so the only chance there is for justice to find Lisa. Probably if new interviews are done, LE could look for reactions of family members when they hear the words of or see different "places" on photos. How they feel about river, trees, woods, basement, etc.? To give a clue to them. I do not think she is in the woods, I think she is somewhere else.

There should be new searches done. Statistics (in similar cases) say the body is usually found within 1 mile of the person's home who commits the crime (so not necessary close to the child's home). I know lots of areas and houses were searched by the police. I saw the uncle's statements, if those are true about the two men involved, I was just wondering: Do we know if their houses were searched as well too? And the neigborhood around them? If LE beleives him, those areas should be searched too.

edit on 18-1-2012 by bemi76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bemi76

The only way police can search the 2 houses is either by consent or by warrant. Unless the uncle has specific direct information (IE he was in both of those houses and saw what was going on) there is no legal basis to get a search warrant. The 4th amendment applies to the government, not the individual, which means the government must be the one to justify the reason for the search warrant, which requires probable cause, which means they must have specific information.

Dont get me wrong, technicalities like this irritate the crap out of me, but they are present for a reason. Our legal system is designed to the extent of it being acceptable to allow 9 guilty people to go free rather than incarcerate 1 innocent person.

The truth will come out.. The simple fact the family has circled the wagons is a sign of that. The pressure is building, as well as the conscious of people involved. Its easier to ignore it with all the media attention, since there were so many areas the media looked into. Now that media for the most part is non existent, and the police scaled everything back, there is no longer an external distraction for the family to hide behind.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by silo13

Silo I'm on pins and needles too! I keep checking, but I haven't found anything yet. Seems the media has gone silent on the Baby Lisa case.

In other news, police have made an arrest in the Jorelys Rivera case.

GBI Director Vernon Keenan identified the man as Ryan Brunn, 20, of Canton. Keenan said Brunn lived at the apartment complex where Jorelys was killed and was a maintenance worker there. He had no known criminal record, Keenan said. He had been employed at the complex since Nov. 7.

Keenan said Brunn had been charged in the killing and additional charges may be filed by the Cherokee County District Attorney's Office.
ajc.com
I think it will be interesting to find out what lead police to this guy so quickly.

Now off to check the news sites again!
OiO

Just to update on the Jorelys Rivera case, The Man who pleaded guilty to killing 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera has killed himself in prison, reports CBS Atlanta

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Good riddance.

These types of people need to remove themselves from society. Completely.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You have no idea you guys...I literally live 10 minutes from here and it was a nightmare that whole entire weekend....well, of course its still a nightmare...knowing that something like this can happen to anyone of our children so close to their own home. But that weekend that she was gone...and then found? and no one knew at first who did it???? to think that there was this absolute monster out there walking around...I have a 10 and a 4 year old...both girls, you have no idea...and then to have his confession, the way it was in court on what he did and how and why.... it boggles the mind that evil of this magnitude exists in a human being... I don't get it. I too say good riddance, but I feel like he didn't hurt enough.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Ditto...wait - say nothing - hold out til your sold out or caught. That is what the attys would say. And it just so reaks of CA I can't stand it. People such as these females need to have their ovaries removed .....ie CA wants another child and she is getting 1 MIL for an interview.

As a mother ..... I just couldn't try and keep up with it; too emotionally disturbing that the scariest monsters are usually your family or "friends." Just reflect on most cases regarding babies and children and missing mothers/murder mothers/wives.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

Well, It is terrible that family is still making money from her daughter's death. Someone still paying for them. I do not want to hurt anyone, and I know how the media works, but seriously, where are the moral scales of the people who are paying?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Does anyone know what has happened to the Searching for Lisa Irwin facebook page?

A few days ago there was a post saying from the moderator sg like this: What do you do when the integrity of your group has been jeoperdized? And something about a bad apple.
Is the page gone?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Get this - I was FUMING!!!

Tragic saga ends with death of Ga. child killer

17 hrs ago - AP 0:40 | 117,176 views

In an abrupt end to an already tragic saga, a 20-year-old maintenance man was found dead in an apparent suicide in a Georgia prison, just two days after pleading guilty to molesting and killing a little girl. (Jan. 20)
link

'Already tragic'? Yahoo news is absolutely TWEAKED! 'Already tragic' - yes - but the 'feel' of the reporting here is this man's life ending in such a way is tragic also.

He lured this little darling, molested her, stabbed her, and then put her body in a trash compactor. his death should never be reported in a column that uses the words 'tragic' or the innuendo that goes along with the article. The only thing 'tragic' is he didn't off himself sooner.

No tolerance.

As for Lisa? I was in hopes we'd of heard something more by now.

Here's the only update I can find...

Yes, that empty space indicated I can't find anything...

peace

edit on 21-1-2012 by silo13 because: tone down a bit

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted or not -

Police Renew Lisa Irwin Search; Volunteers Report Frightening Contacts

There is a small part discussing the facebook issue.

Also here is an interesting blog talking about the recent claims by the family attorney about new leads. The conclusion of the blogger falls back in line with what we have been saying for some time - that its a shift to put off the inevitable - indictments against the parents.

Caveat Emptor: 'Promising Lead' in Baby Lisa Case Likely Damage Control
edit on 21-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Confident He Saw a Live Baby.
kansascitypi.blogspot.com...
Ron Rugen has met with one of the witnesses 20th jan -

"Mike says he hollered, "Are you okay?" The man turned toward Thompson, a baby clearly visible in his arms, only in a diaper, sitting straight up in his arms and alert. The man responded only with a nod."

Well, I hope this Mike tells the truth, (and it is not just a made up story) if he is not telling the truht, he is causing too much damage to the investigation.
edit on 21-1-2012 by bemi76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join