It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Just like your assumption that I am directly related to the family pretty much sums up the type of assumptions and speculations in a negative way on this thread.

Is it really so odd, that I would stick up for a families right to innocence before proven guilty?.. is it really so odd I would stand up against people calling them "ignorant trash"...and implicating so much more.

Do I have to be related to them to actually care about what they may be going through?

If this should ever happen to someone you care about.. in the sense of a child abduction..I would hope you appreciate those who don't rush to villify the parents, using their pseudo psychology... and veiled smear campaigns.

edit on 3-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

I did not call you trash, but perhaps you missed the part of
"PLEASE...backup your posts with facts, research links, papers....etc
Otherwise your posts seem to cloud the intention of this thread.

"
edit on 3-12-2011 by vogon42 because: please read

edit on 3-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, I did say she "looked to me like ignorant trash." IF SHE HAD DONE ANYTHING TO change that opinion, I would have said "Huh! Well, I was wrong."

Excuse me..someone is ignorant trash because of lack of education....can she read and write?.. is she out on the streets selling her ass and doing crack while she hauls her kids along?

Yes..she has a drinking problem if she does what she did that night on a continual basis..but do we know that?

And if she does have a drinking problem..are you trying to tell me that professional "educated" people don't have drug and alcohol problems?

Many parents, especially at a young age such as Debbie have problems.. but they love their kids.. and many many parents have stooped alcohol , drug , or prescription drug abuse at some point in there parenting.

Oh.. and nobody is is "trash".. because God cares for everyone at some level..though he may abhor their deeds.

"Trash" was harsh, I give you that. Let's say "uneducated lower-middle-class". You happy now?

I see.. so because you have the good fortune of being educated "upper class"..that gives you the qualifications to put this family under the microscope.. and decide how they should be viewed and treated.

I won't go into the rest of it.. because its obvious someone like you from the "upper echelons" of society..has the only real and caring viewpoint..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

once again.....PLEASE back up your info with facts. Otherwise you are just clouding up the thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I see...so because you have the good fortune of being educated "upper class"..that gives you the qualifications to put this family under the microscope.. and decide how they should be viewed and treated.

No, again, you don't "see".....
I am NOT part of the "upper class", I'm a regular, middle-class person who lives in a modest home and within my means. The education was gained through hard work and heavy expense. I went to school, worked with kids for 15 years, and learned some things.

I was not the one who put this family under the microscope, gabby!! I reacted to a news story, and you have taken my "first impression" response to task relentlessly!!

You can call it "pseudo psychology" until the cows come home....but you can NOT take away my education, or erase the knowledge and experience that I have gained.

Your lame attempts at discrediting science and the people who pay attention to the newest research (and also have experience working with law enforcement, family systems, communication skillls, etc) are asinine.

Deborah has an opportunity to exonerate (it means prove she's not guilty of being negligent or harming her baby) herself RIGHT NOW. Why is she not taking that opportunity?!

edit on 3-12-2011 by wildtimes because: SPELLING

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I did not call you trash, but perhaps you missed the part of "PLEASE...backup your posts with facts, research links, papers....etc Otherwise your posts seem to cloud the intention of this thread.
reply to post by vogon42

I realize that you didn't call me ignorant trash.. I was referring to how debbie had been referred as..by others.

and I have read the links..looked up links.. and I don't need to study research in psychology to have my heart tell me what to do..

Is it ok with you if I defend their right to innocence before proven guilty ?..because in all those links.. there is no proof they are guilty....and some that point to other possibilities.

But because Debbie is lower middle class, and uneducated....it seems to point to her guilt more easily?

Oh well.. I'll let you all be.. and continue on with getting the noose ready..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

I realize that you didn't call me ignorant trash.. I was referring to how debbie had been referred as..by others.

and I have read the links..looked up links.. and I don't need to study research in psychology to have my heart tell me what to do..

OK, starting to draw a picture now. Honestly, not trying to belittle or anything....but just exactly what is your education? (perhaps it would help myself/others gain perspective)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Deborah said she has adult time and drinks to the point of passing out or in an extreme case blacking out, a few times a week. That's quite a lot actually. If you multiple the one night we know of times the times she claims to have been drunk during Lisa's life, that's quite a lot of negligent mommy time. I'd like to think during all of those other times that Jeremy was home and keeping an eye on the kids. But I do not know this. I only know what came from Deb's mouth !

I have been drunk to the point of a 'blackout ' once in my life. It was PRIOR to my children. Oddly enough it was on cheap wine. I don't know if wine has a special ingredient that makes that more common or what but I've had many whiskey, rum and vodka nights ( not at the same time) that did NOT create a blackout.

I painstakingly chronicled my drinking days and with regards to my kids and how I snapped out of it and realized it was a bad idea. Deb did not snap out of it and realize it was a bad idea. She might now? Who knows? With alcoholics in her family, one could argue, she KNEW it was a bad idea before one of her children ended up MISSING. She should have known froom her own history that it was a bad idea. When someone sees the writing on the wall and goes that direction anyway and 'damn the torpedoes' type of mentality and continues to create havoc in their life and that of their family over a mind altering substance, what do we call them? What word is a fitting description for that type of person?

Being uneducated or even poor does not make one 'trashy'. Making poor irresponsible choices every day of your life at the expense of your children MIGHT ! There are very many poor people with class and heart. Deborah is not one of them. There are very many uneducated even LOW IQ people with dignity and self respect. Deborah is not one of them. One could argue until the cows come home whether or not she's guilty, but to try to redeem her reputation and paint her as a responsible, caring mother is pointless ............at this point.
edit on 3-12-2011 by schmae because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Really not sure how that applies to this thread, unless its to further prove how people are so quick to judge character based on education.

Hate to break it to you..but the there are some horrendous type people out there with all sorts of education...and shock of all shocks... some even work with children...I know this for a fact.

Education is not always the be all and end all of wisdom..and morality.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
'''and continue on with getting the noose ready'''

Foul and you know it. NO ONE has called for an execution of Deb and you bring it up as if we are ll sitting around saying HANG HER HIGH. Shame.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Being uneducated or even poor does not make one 'trashy'. Making poor irresponsible choices every day of your life at the expense of your children MIGHT ! There are very many poor people with class and heart. Deborah is not one of them. There are very many uneducated even LOW IQ people with dignity and self respect. Deborah is not one of them. One could argue until the cows come home whether or not she's guilty, but to try to redeem her reputation and paint her as a responsible, caring mother is pointless ............at this point.

Hmmm.. she is 23..and are you so sure she is still drinking?

Thats whole wallop of judgement there schmae.... considering you don't know what she has learnt from this.. except perhaps that people will paint her as some evil person for the remainder of her years..totally nonredeemable.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
'''and continue on with getting the noose ready'''

Foul and you know it. NO ONE has called for an execution of Deb and you bring it up as if we are ll sitting around saying HANG HER HIGH. Shame.

good lord woman..it was an expression ..an exaggeration of what I see happening here.. you must realize what exaggeration is schmae..you've done it enough times.

Anyhow..carry on .. and have your fun..I'm outa here.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

No I am not so sure which is why I said THIS IN MY POST YOU READ A FRACTION OF

''Deb did not snap out of it and realize it was a bad idea. She might now? Who knows? ''

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

Really not sure how that applies to this thread, unless its to further prove how people are so quick to judge character based on education.

its just a basis for evaluating your knowledge on a particular subject. (but thats OK, because your refusal to respond speaks volumes)

If my mechanic tells me I have a bad tie rod.....I'll believe him (since cars are not really my forte).....but if a gun smith tells me the head space on my .270 rifle is .03 inches too long.....I have enough education to know if he is [snip] or not.
Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/12/11 by argentus because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The VICTIM in this case is NOT deborah bradley. She's a grown woman and can take care of herself.
She's being painted as the victim of harsh talk and fingers pointed at her. I say who cares? If she had nothing to do with it, it's a sad situation..........but not 1 % as sad as the missing child....... not a fraction of 1% . If shes' suffering, oh well......imagine what Lisa's suffering.
Some have lost sight of the actual victim in this case.
Tragedy to Travesty!

If truly 'get the noose' was a figure of speech and exaggeration, then point taken.
I thought it was an implication that some want to see her dead.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The VICTIM in this case is NOT deborah bradley. She's a grown woman and can take care of herself.
She's being painted as the victim of harsh talk and fingers pointed at her. I say who cares? If she had nothing to do with it, it's a sad situation..........but not 1 % as sad as the missing child....... not a fraction of 1% . If shes' suffering, oh well......imagine what Lisa's suffering.
Some have lost sight of the actual victim in this case.
Tragedy to Travesty!

If truly 'get the noose' was a figure of speech and exaggeration, then point taken.
I thought it was an implication that some want to see her dead.

I have never lost sight of the "victim".. as well as the victimization of the family before proven guilty..get it straight.

You seem to think you have the God given right to jump all over this woman..saying she is nonredeemable ..because why? Her child is missing? You seem to forget she has not been proven guilty.. yet you're quite fine with painting her as some immoral undignified scum.

may your karma come back to you 10 fold on this behavior.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I saw you use a word nonredeemable and attribute it to me, but I didn't say it

And you're actually wishing 'bad karma' on me? Is that how karma works?
I'm responsible for my karma, not you . But be careful what you wish for.
edit on 3-12-2011 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I saw you use a word nonredeemable and attribute it to me, but I didn't say it

And you're actually wishing 'bad karma' on me? Is that how karma works?
I'm responsible for my karma, not you . But be careful what you wish for.
edit on 3-12-2011 by schmae because: (no reason given)

because you said nothing she could do could redeem herself now..

This might refresh your memory.

So you saying she has no heart...no dignity ..or respect...and while she may have been irresponsible that evening..that does not make her an uncaring mother.

As far as karma goes.. thats right..its you who controls your karma..and what you put out there.. and I just wish back to you what you seem to be so freely able to give.. not knowing if she is guilty or not.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

reply to post by vogon42

its just a basis for evaluating your knowledge on a particular subject. (but thats OK, because your refusal to respond speaks volumes)

If my mechanic tells me I have a bad tie rod.....I'll believe him (since cars are not really my forte).....but if a gun smith tells me the head space on my .270 rifle is .03 inches too long.....I have enough education to know if he is [snip] or not.

Oh ..and all these people on here have such great insight and education to judge someone guilty or not.. That's right..they have all the files on the case, and know exactly what went on that night.. because they have some degree in human psychology or were a paramedic , or because they understand the law.?

I'm not telling anybody how to fix their car..I'm merely standing up for someones right to a fair trail before being accused of harming their own child and going on some wild scheme to cover it up.

I'm glad you feel you have enough education to know what a pile of [snip] is.. because I have enough to know what a pile of dung is as well..

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

Have a nice life.

edit on 4/12/11 by argentus because: removed censor circumvention

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
For those so inclined to support the Irwin family financially as well as emotionally.........

pledgie.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

''Deborah has EVERY OPPORTUNITY to defend herself and PROVE she is a brilliant, wonderful, loving mother. WHY IS SHE NOT DOING SO??!! She has a captive audience, waiting to see!!! '''.......... AMEN!

Exactly. But what does she choose to do? Hide. Go back to 'normal life'.
Sure, she has a right to do so as a person, but the same right as a mother? I think not.

In fact I'm hearing scuttlebutt about a new law named Lisa's Law. I'm not sure of the wording yet (I'll supply more information as it comes) but the basic idea is if a parent is under the influence and something happens to a minor in their care? The parent either does time/stiff penalty/loose the children.

I'm not sure if I'm in agreement - I need to hear more about what the people behind this are proposing - because ultimately the child will end up paying also (losing a parent, income into the home, being put in foster care) - but it is interesting to see people are fed up with narcissistic parents and their 'adult time' - when the children are the ones who pay the price.

So if anything 'good' can come out of this case and Deborah's lack of parental character - it could be this.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join