It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Nothing is going 'overboard' when a child is missing. Nothing. Especially when you're talking about a mother who can't even keep her children safe. You don't like that? Too bad. Fact is she didn't even bother to lock the doors/windows to a home with 3 little children in it. I don't care where you live that is absolutely irresponsible parenting. Lisa's mother failed to provide even basic protect for her. Question is - would it have made a difference if the doors were locked? No one knows.

See..there you again with the blame on the mother..who can't keep her child safe..

and when you say NOTHING is going overboard when a child goes missing... I beg to differ... and maybe someday you will be in a position to understand that more fully.

You have been blaming her through this whole thread..and if she is ever found NOT guilty..I sure hope you have what it takes to take back a lot of what you have implied.

May you reap what you sow silo...

(we could all sit and judge the pet owner who can't take care of their animals, and somehow through their bad judgement, the pet catches something and dies... after all what good pet owner,can't keep their pets safe?)

yes..we can all play the judgement game to the hilt.. when in fact all of us have made mistakes..some worse than others.

How many people have forgotten to lock their doors, and accidentally fallen asleep?.. but had the good fortune of nothing happening..so the world could not point fingers at their ineptitude.

edit on 16-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll
We ALL hope Lisa will be found and that the REAL truth will be revealed. And discussing this case is really no different than discussing any other topic/issue on ATS. Why should Lisa's parents be put on a pedestal? Why should it be off limits to provide information about them and this case, both positive and negative facts?

I wouldn't put them on a pedestal either but a little TLC would be good, considering they'll probably come out of this in a similar state to a soldier who came home from 'nam.

Positive and negative facts are fine, it's the lies some of us are objecting to, lots of information being provided here has been false but unbelievably BELIEVED by most, and then reacted upon, and then responded to, with absolute horror towards a poor couple who have just had their baby snatched. A little 10 month old beauty who was well dressed and washed and got "coo-ed" at and judging by her photos and family videos was very much treasured by her mum.
edit on 16-10-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I wouldn't put them on a pedestal either but a little TLC would be good, considering they'll probably come out of this in a similar state to a soldier who came home from 'nam.

I am much, much more concerned about 10 months old Lisa Irwin, who has probably come out of this dead.

Forgive me for not feeling much sympathy for the parents, who now have stopped talking to local media. That is very strange, isn't it? If they really were worried about Lisa and really wanted her to be found and returned safe, they would make sure to use every opportunity to keep this case in focus at as many news channels as possible, wouldn't they? The parents are looking more and more suspicious every day.

edit on 16-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

See..there you again with the blame on the mother..who can't keep her child safe..

Yep!
You understood that completely correctly!

Parents are responsible for their children's safety. Deborah didn't' provide basic safety for her children doubly compounded considering this was the first night her boyfriend worked a night shift.

Granted none of us can keep our children, our pets, our possessions under lock and key at all times, nor can we have our eyes on them every single second but that has nothing to do with parents failing in their obligation to provide a safe living space by leaving doors unlocked when the family is sleeping.

Regardless if the mother is innocent of any crime involved towards Lisa's disappearance, by her own inaction she’s guilty of not providing basic safety for her children - all of them - not just Lisa.

I did state the door being locked, or not, might not have made a difference in Lisa’s case, we just don’t know yet, (especially if it was an 'inside job') - but that doesn’t negate Deborah's irresponsibility.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yep!
You understood completely correctly !

and you seem so proud to be able to judge the parenting of others...

Have you ever had and raised children?

How have you done in keeping what you have been responsible for..safe and out of harms way?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

and you seem so proud to be able to judge the parenting of others...

And you’re presuming. The only thing I'm proud of is good judgement, not being critical of others.

As for judging? The judgement is good judgement. Good responsible parenting means you don't leave the doors of your home unlocked when you're sleeping and your babies are in their cribs. Especially in an area rife with pedophiles.

Have you ever had and raised children?

That’s none of your business. I don’t share personal information on in the internet especially concerning children. You might think that’s foolish but I don’t. I take the safety of my loved ones very seriously.

How have you done in keeping what you have been responsible for..safe and out of harms way?

I’m not the one under question here. Lisa’s parents are and your question has nothing to do with the Lisa Irwin case.

But out of courtesy alone I’ll answer your question.

No one can keep anyone or anything else 100% protected. In fact, some of us can do our very best, and, ‘things happen’ anyway. But doing ‘our best’ and being ‘responsible’ does not include leaving loved ones unprotected in their sleep behind unlocked doors.

peace

edit on 16-10-2011 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No one can keep anyone or anything else 100% protected. In fact, some of us can do our very best, and, ‘things happen’ anyway. But doing ‘our best’ and being ‘responsible’ does not include leaving loved ones unprotected in their sleep behind unlocked doors.

and you are so sure they left the doors unlocked ?

I will leave you to your judgements Silo.. but would like you to consider that perhaps if the mother is guilty, that understanding and a little compassion for what may have gone wrong might actually help a lot more to getting to the truth, than all this criticism and judgment of her parenting.

So..if you really do care about finding out what happened to baby Lisa..you might want to keep in mind how your accusations, and absolute lack of compassion..may actually be hindering the truth from being exposed .

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Silo, I have always enjoyed reading your posts and normally have a high opinion of you. I think you're doing a great job of reporting this story, as I also live in the Midwest and am following along. But I have to agree with some of these other posters. Speculating about what may have happened is one thing, but to say that the mother is irresponsible if she forgot to lock the door is insane. Accidents happen every day to kids and this doesn't make their parent bad or irresponsible, it makes them parents. Every parent who has ever lived has made bad decisions of one kind or another reguarding their kids. People learn from their mistakes, and parents will make many over a lifetime. Noone is infallible in this world. I lived in a little town in southern Illinois for many years and we never locked our doors, even at night, Stupid yes, but we were lucky and nothing ever happened. But you see, that was our decision to make, and had something happened, it would have been our fault. But people make stupid mistakes every day, never expecting something bad will happen to them, it always happens to somebody else.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is the latest (11/14/11) update from Jane Velez Mitchell:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

and you are so sure they left the doors unlocked

The police are - that's good enough for me. The police report Jeremy (Lisa’s father) states he returned home from his night shift (early in fact) and found the door unlocked. The police also stated no one came in through the window. Obviously the mother was the responsible adult/parent left in the home with the children. She failed in her responsibility to make sure the door was locked - if what the police and the husband say is true.

And like I've stated before (something you fail to take note of) - the door being locked or not might have nothing to do with Lisa's disappearance - BUT - it's an indication of shoddy parenting. Only one of many things the police have to assess.

I will leave you to your judgements Silo.. but would like you to consider that perhaps if the mother is guilty, that understanding and a little compassion for what may have gone wrong might actually help a lot more to getting to the truth, than all this criticism and judgment of her parenting.

I’ll keep that in mind for next time I talk to her.
As if what I say here and my opinion has ANY relevance on Lisa’s mother. Give me a break. Oh wait!!! Maybe Deb’s taking time out of looking for her daughter to read ATS! THAT’S IT!

So..if you really do care about finding out what happened to baby Lisa..you might want to keep in mind how your accusations, and absolute lack of compassion..may actually be hindering the truth from being exposed .

Oh gawd that’s just unbelievable. My opinion may be hindering the truth from being exposed??? Wow, you give me a lot more credit than I deserve!

Honestly, I find that way of thinking completely ludicrous. That’s not an insult, that’s an observation. Sureeeeee.... My personal opinion stated on some conspiracy forum the parents have probably never even heard of will have an effect on the outcome of Lisa’s disappearance... *Shakes head*

The only thing I can do that I believe has any impact on Lisa and her family is pray for them all, and hope them all the best, which I do constantly. And I do this regardless of my opinion of the mothers parenting skills. Yes, she is also in my prayers. Which I’ve stated before.

Lack of compassion? Not at all. But I'll not play patty-cake with you or anyone else when a ten month old baby girl was taken from her crib - and is still missing.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by peewee1263

But I have to agree with some of these other posters. Speculating about what may have happened is one thing, but to say that the mother is irresponsible if she forgot to lock the door is insane.

Thank you PeeWee I appreciate your input. We can agree to disagree.

I suppose my attachment to the idea this is an irresponsible act goes back to the father leaving the home to go on a night shift for the first time. Yes, I do understand accidents happen all the time, of course, but under these circumstances it seems out of place and just 'off'.

I can't imagine parents not checking their children and the doors to their home before going to bed. In my way of thinking it's just unheard of not to.

I lived in a little town in southern Illinois for many years and we never locked our doors, even at night, Stupid yes, but we were lucky and nothing ever happened.

And how is it my opinion (it was wrong of the mother not to lock the door) is 'insane - when you admit yourself it's 'stupid'.
But I understand.
And you're right - it is your decision and I wouldn't dream of taking it from you. I'm so glad you never lived to regret it!

And like I said before, the door being locked might have had nothing to do with Lisa going missing - but - it is a sign of irresponsible parenting and that's what the police need to take into consideration.

Peace & it's nice to hear from you.

edit on 16-10-2011 by silo13 because: bbc and bold

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I found this in a blog when looking for more information on statement analysis of Lisa‘s parents. Wow.
This quote was next in line after the article.
The person 'Sara E.' left this comment about Lisa's mother Deborah. You can find the information at the following link.

Statement Analysis

...It's really interesting that I am seeing all of this news coverage, I used to live across the street from Debbie and Sean (her "ex" and current husband) Bradley at Fort Bragg, NC where he was stationed. (then)

She started a feud with me by trying to sleep with my husband, egging my house and car and calling CPS on me stating that my husband and I had sex in front of our kid...

I left out more there due to gross factor.

Then:

She was also a raging kleptomaniac. She was proud of the fact that she would call a fast food restaurant out of the blue, claim to have purchased a huge meal, and then say that it was all ruined and she wanted a replacement immediately, she would then drive over, pick up dinner and eat it.

Then:

I made friends with several women because we shared the fact that something had been stolen from our house (she broke into my house once and stole about 300 dollars worth of DVDs). She also took lawn ornaments from other neighbors houses and would place them prominently on her property as if she was proud of the fact that she had stolen them.

I hope that this just allows you to see what kind of a person she was even 6-7 years ago; perhaps the type who, being accustomed to using deception to get her way, is doing it again in this case?

It’s not the whole quote from the blog - I’ll leave it up to you if you want to read it all or not.

How do we know this information is ‘real’ and ‘factual” - I don’t know. But this post is going viral via the net at the moment.

peace
edit on 16-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
More to read here

KMBC is reporting that a request to the Gov's office has been approved for 25 National Guardsmen
to assist in the search for baby Lisa. This is significant. I think the National Guard has been called out to assist police because:

1. Police do not think she is far away;

2. that she is dead, and they want her found quickly, via much man power, and not lose critical evidence due to the passage of time.

3. and probably have specific areas in which manpower is helpful, such as areas that are tough to search, may need draining, etc.

4. Parents are lawyered up and have a private investigator who, although they shut down and who is not 'investigating' anything, is working this as a public relations case, including announcing that the parents won't be speaking out to local media again.

The local media have been ordered to turn over their video to the Grand Jury. This shows how important and helpful the local media appearances have been to the
investigation and how they may feel an increase of pressure due to the presence of a PR man (Stanton) as well as the parents lawyering up.

Police may be doing a much better job than many think, as it appears that they have been covering everything up to the Grand Jury meeting on Tuesday.

More to read - I've just included (some) of the highlights.

peace
edit on 16-10-2011 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Peter Alexander tweets Baby Lisa's mom said "I was drunk nite of disappearance"

Peter Alexander, a NBC news correspondent has been on twitter sending tweets about the missing Lisa Alexander case since she disappeared on October 7, and about two hours ago, Alexander tweeted that he had just interviewed Baby Lisa's parents, and Lisa's mom said, "I was drunk nite of disappearance."

Seems we'll be able to hear this in person soon too if Peter is to be believed.

Alexander also tweeted, "My interview w #BabyLisa's parents to air tomorrow @TodayShow. And, why she won't let her kids be re-intervu'ed by KCPD." If you are curious to see the interview with Baby Lisa's parents and Peter Alexander, you can tune in to the Today Show, tomorrow morning.

That show - when re posted on YouTube is blocked for my country. I hope someone will see it and re post it here. Then again maybe I can re post it and you all can see it but I can't? I'm not sure how that works, lol.

peace and a good week to you all

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think of Halloween and occult groups and her being kidnapped by satanists. Its the thing that I worry about for the population every Oct, Dec, Easter and many many other holidays and special days. If it were up to me they would be tracking this down somehow and busting this group sky high, and and ripping apart all the corruption to do it.

Prayers are needed. She needs to be protected and rescued. I hope its not something like.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
silo13:

There are many things that could be said for that post I saw. First of all, most people require some air in their house. And sometimes doors are forgotten. Certain types of crimes in occult circles come from the top echlens, ie. doctors, police, city counsel, and even military and it would be nothing to break in. I'm sorry, suggesting that people are perfect in this world and not too tired to slip up, and simply criticizing the family knee jerk without any evidence of wrong doing, and forgetting to lock the door is not wrong doing, is just plain wrong, and very short sighted.

I'm not ruling out the family, or even if they are covering for someone. Or if they are connected to some occult group either.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
As someone posted earlier......look at the facts.

Husbands first night on new job.
Front door un-locked - first time ever???
All the lights on in house when Mom had turned them off.
Dog didn't bark.
Baby missing.

Just how much wine did she drink?????

Here's my prediction....Mom gets drunk and kills baby, hides dead baby and is eventually found out by forensic scientists after finding dead baby. The truth hurts don't it?!?!?!?!?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideOfItAll

I am much, much more concerned about 10 months old Lisa Irwin, who has probably come out of this dead.

Forgive me for not feeling much sympathy for the parents, who now have stopped talking to local media. That is very strange, isn't it? If they really were worried about Lisa and really wanted her to be found and returned safe, they would make sure to use every opportunity to keep this case in focus at as many news channels as possible, wouldn't they? The parents are looking more and more suspicious every day.

edit on 16-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)

I hope you don't presume I am against you, but I do think that you "Presume" too much. You have made a pronouncement that she's probably dead, which may or may not be true. You condemn the parents for not carrying on with the local media. Media will hound you night and day, they will twist things that you say to make it come out to say what they want it to. And How much can a suffering Mother, and Father keep having themselves ripped apart by being interviewed, questioned and hounded by reporters. Where's the advantage?

Aaaannnddd... Unless you are there, and have some intelligence regarding the situation, I do not understand how you can discern that the parents are looking are looking more and more suspicious every day. Having said that, you could be correct in all of the above. I just think you're being a little preemptive in your pronouncements.

Thanks Bro...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The Grand Jury is in session Monday to do what they do concerning Lisa's disappearance. The 'grape vine' (twitter, blogs, public comments, etc) leave the resounding impression we'll be witnessing an arrest soon - as soon as Tuesday.

I don't know how the Grand Jury works in all it's intricacies so I can't give my opinion either way but I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa's mother is arrested considering all the inconsistencies compounded with Deborah finally confessing to being drunk that night.

Post it now - find out later. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

That poor little baby.

peace

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join