It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

ATF is involved?

I can't even imagine. I'll go look and see if I can find something in writing - you know how ATS is about backing up claims with something from the media. Though I have to admit with Kansas City media it might cause more harm than good.

If they're going door to door have they gotten to you yet? I don't mean that to sound disrespectful.

peace

edit on 15-10-2011 by silo13 because: Edit to Fix Abreviation

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

ATS is involved?

I can't even imagine. I'll go look and see if I can find something in writing - you know how ATS is about backing up claims with something from the media. Though I have to admit with Kansas City media it might cause more harm than good.

If they're going door to door have they gotten to you yet? I don't mean that to sound disrespectful.

peace

You're really searching the web to see if ATS is involved?
When you're back try ATF.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Aside from all the other weirdness of this, what would be the ATF's involvement?

I can't answer that - wish I could, but, at least I can back it up for you. Interesting stuff that.

Second day of search for Lisa Irwin begins

Neighbors said they woke up to FBI agents knocking on their doors and police helicopters above their houses. They are shocked and saddened by the kidnapping of Lisa.

Police said there are more than 100 law enforcement individuals and various federal agencies including the FBI and ATF are looking for the child.

I'll see if I can find more.

peace

Added Note: Thank you Wigit for picking up on that type error. Fixed.
edit on 15-10-2011 by silo13 because: see added note above

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Highway Patrol lists 16 sex offenders living within one mile of missing baby's home

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Sex Offender Registry, 16 offenders live within one mile of 37th Street and Lister Avenue where an infant was reported missing Tuesday.

Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen in her crib at approximately 10:30 p.m. Monday night at a residence in the 3600 block of North Lister in the Northland.

Police have not identified any suspects or indicated that they are looking at sex offenders in the neighborhood.

Well if they're not they're completely incompetent - especially with the sheer number of sex offenders in such close proximity of Lisa's home!

Seems to me this is statement is just another example of shoddy journalism.

The Highway Patrol's site identifies the closest sex offender as a 56-year-old woman living within 1,000 feet of the baby's home.

From what we understand now all these people have been 'ruled out' - but still...

Later:

The report listed three men within a mile of the home with convictions for sex crimes against children.

This information is just too disturbing - on so many levels. I wish I hadn't seen this.

peace

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No they haven't knocked here yet, I'd probably have to bite my tongue about why they think smoke, liquor or weapons would be involved. I doubt they will, there are more likely people to be interviewed than the ones right here. That particular neighborhood is a melting pot, go a half mile in any direction and you can find yourself in a meth infested slum or in a several $100k neighborhood. Still, surprised to hear that from 2 separate people, neither of whom I'd imagine know anything about the kinds of things discussed here that it was both agencies.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OK you know as well as I that if our baby was abducted, we would be OUT IN THE FIELD of the world, doing everything we could to find her, Cell Phone at our side with backup batteries!!!

Going rogue, whatever it took. This situation is sick and sad and unjust for little Lisa.

The media would be number one if the family understood that they can use the media instead of having the media use them and their little daughter.

Too much time has passed IMO to hold out much hope for the baby.

I feel more for the siblings than the parents at present. I still think the Mom is involved and holding out info.

edit on 15-10-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have looked at clay county sex offenders lists and in that general there does seem to be a lot. Sex offenders don't typically target infants though. There was woman on the list which was suprising but it does not appear she is too close.
edit on 15-10-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hello everyone, this is my first post, I have read all the information that has been posted here and am so grateful i happened upon this site. First i want to make it clear that i am not defending or accusing anyone, but with all the evidence that has been posted, and reviewed, has anyone ever asked the boys what they may know in this case? I read that Mom went to bed before they did...and could it have been that there was some jealousy there when it came to baby Lisa? Also it never mentions if mom still had the Wine in the box of if she drank some before going to bed. Just my thoughts after reading all the information and the posts.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Used diapers, baby wipes found in an abandoned home nearby Irwin house today....

abcnews.go.com...

I don't think there's any news yet on DNA results on the used diapers. This was an area already search by police, so it would have interesting implications if it turns out to be from Lisa.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Redux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
great. if this starts happening more and more they will start pushing for microchips...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Some interesting information about Lisa Irwin's mother, Deborah Bradley, is being posted on this blog's comments section by a woman who says she was her neighbor a few years ago. If this is true, it says a lot about Deborah Bradley's character:

www.blogger.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ok I just got back online - I'll post most recent news and then go back:

This video and information goes in line with one of the above links.

Police Brief Reporters On Diaper Discovery

Capt. Steve Young of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department briefs reporters about the discovery of diapers and a man's clothes in a basement of an abandoned house near where baby Lisa Irwin disappeared.

Cpt. Steve Young reports on video they're 'certainly going to check it out' but there's nothing they're getting 'jazzed' about. He's completely nonplussed over the find as the 'diapers seem to be very old.'

Also -

The 'handyman' was arrested but has nothing to do with the case. The authorities wanted to 'talk' to him - but it's the opinion of Cpt. Young this individual has nothing to do with Lisa.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here's the information on 'Jersey' but as stated above Cpt. Young reiterates this man is not a suspect. I'm including the link a little off on the time line (it should have been placed in the thread just before the last post) - but I still think it needs to be here if only to clear up questions/information posted earlier in the thread. Also, there is more information about the 'diaper' find.

"Jersey," man sought for questioning in Lisa Irwin case, in police custody

Police have found soiled diapers at an abandoned house about a mile away from Lisa Irwin's home, and set up a crime scene tape around the home. Inside the home they also found a Scooby Doo backpack, two jars of baby food and clothing, according to witnesses.

The diapers were originally described as being very fresh, but around 9 p.m., Kansas City, Mo. Police Department Public Information Officer Capt. Steve Young said that it appeared that the diapers had been there for some time. He said the diapers were likely "not connected" to Irwin's disappearance.

On to 'Jersey'.

Meanwhile a "handyman" nicknamed "Jersey," who was often spotted around Lisa Irwin's neighborhood, is in police custody. "Jersey" was sought by police earlier this week.

He was arrested on an unrelated outstanding warrant.

Police have not charged "Jersey" with a crime, but do say that they are questioning him about Lisa Irwin's disappearance.

I applaud the police for doing their best to separate Jersey from the Lisa case. Cpt. Young gained some respect in my eyes when he stated 'It's not fare to lump Jersey in with the Lisa case. Homeless man or not.' (from video).

Bill Stanton, a private investigator helping Irwin's parents, said that one family member was heading to the home, but Irwin's mother is not.

I have to question why this last statement was made in the report? I'll leave it up to you to come to your own conclusions.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by suzan

Welcome to ATS!

Nice to meet you, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello everyone, this is my first post, I have read all the information that has been posted here and am so grateful i happened upon this site. First i want to make it clear that i am not defending or accusing anyone, but with all the evidence that has been posted, and reviewed, has anyone ever asked the boys what they may know in this case?

Yes, the boys were questioned but the police have never revealed anything about that conversation. Boy would I like to hear it though! I hope it gets leaked. Some might find that offensive, but, I'm being honest.

I read that Mom went to bed before they did...and could it have been that there was some jealousy there when it came to baby Lisa?

I'm not quite sure what you mean here but it's my opinion the boys were put to bed awful late (22:00-22:30) for boys that young.

Also it never mentions if mom still had the Wine in the box of if she drank some before going to bed. Just my thoughts after reading all the information and the posts.

I don't remember reading what did happen to that 'box' of wine? I'll keep my eyes open as I look around.

Thanks for your participation in this thread. Nice to have you on board!

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Handyman quizzed over disappearance of Baby Lisa as National Guard join hunt for the missing baby

- Handyman Johnny Tanko questioned after unrelated arrest ('Jersey')
- Missouri Governor deploys National Guard to help with the search
- Family release new video showing Lisa at just three months old
- Diapers found at nearby vacant house
- Private investigator reveals $100,000 reward for her return or a conviction

Again - 'Jersey' is not a suspect.

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has ordered the deployment of 25 members of the Guard's Military Police Company to join the hunt for the missing child today.

This is a pretty good article for anyone just joining. It covers most of the case and has many pictures/videos of Lisa.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

What a bloody cheek. I'm participating same as you and everyone else. I'd like this story to be over with a happy ending. You've positioned yourself as the bringer of the news and keeping me informed. Don't take it to heart if I question stuff and give an opinion you don't like. If things are unclear then I'll ask about them.

Very well said..and I applaud you for your honesty as well as your unbiased opinions...

This thread has made me angry ...in its gossipy witch hunt sort of way, no mater how often it is veiled in the 'I only care about Lisa" type of way.

You have made this thread tolerable..and I appreciate that someone is willing to listen to all the facts , before jumping in on character assassination , because someone dared have a few glasses of wine before going to bed.

If either of the parents are found guilty, it would be reasonable to me that they be charged for all the expense the county has gone through in locating their daughter...as well as the crime.

BUT...until that proof comes through, beyond a reasonable doubt.. I refuse to take part in the assassination of her character.

Here's hoping baby Lisa will be found, and the REAL truth will be revealed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
National Guard Troops Join Baby Lisa Search

Troops from the Missouri National Guard are searching an area in the 3700 block of North Jackson in an effort to find missing baby Lisa Irwin. KMBC 9's Justin Robinson reports.

FBI: Fresh Eyes May Offer Help In Case

Bridget Paton (from the FBI I believe the reporter said '?') reports they're using 'fresh eyes' (National Guard) to look back over areas they've already searched in hopes of seeing something new. Also, they're not in the specific area due to a tip - rather - just going over the same area again.

Please listen to the video for more information - though that's about it.

peace

edit on 16-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

BUT...until that proof comes through, beyond a reasonable doubt.. I refuse to take part in the assassination of her character.

Here's hoping baby Lisa will be found, and the REAL truth will be revealed.

We ALL hope Lisa will be found and that the REAL truth will be revealed. And discussing this case is really no different than discussing any other topic/issue on ATS. Why should Lisa's parents be put on a pedestal? Why should it be off limits to provide information about them and this case, both positive and negative facts?

Lisa's mother and father should not be protected any more than let's say a president or a bank or a corporation which may or may not be involved in criminal activity... Denying ignorance means putting it all out there, warts and all, and then letting people draw their own conclusions. If that is not allowed, then ATS may just as well shut down.
edit on 16-10-2011 by InsideOfItAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideOfItAll

We ALL hope Lisa will be found and that the REAL truth will be revealed. And discussing this case is really no different than discussing any other topic/issue on ATS. Why should Lisa's parents be put on a pedestal? Why should it be off limits to provide information about them and this case, both positive and negative facts?

I never once suggested they be put on a pedestal... but the callous judgements made on every little aspect of their lives..is a bit over board in my opinion.

..as far as the information goes, very little of what is really relevant has been presented on this thread, due to police keeping it private.

Some of what have been put here as facts, has been proven incorrect...but yes..I guess that's par for the course of conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I never once suggested they be put on a pedestal... but the callous judgements made on every little aspect of their lives..is a bit over board in my opinion.

Nothing is going 'overboard' when a child is missing. Nothing. Especially when you're talking about a mother who can't even keep her children safe. You don't like that? Too bad. Fact is she didn't even bother to lock the doors/windows to a home with 3 little children in it. I don't care where you live that is absolutely irresponsible parenting. Lisa's mother failed to provide even basic protect for her. A tiny defenseless innocent 10 month old baby! Question is - would it have made a difference if the doors were locked? No one knows.

..as far as the information goes, very little of what is really relevant has been presented on this thread, due to police keeping it private.

Police have repeatedly stated they have no leads, no clues, no more information than is 'out there'. Sure, they're keeping the 911 call private - but that's due to the 'Sunshine Law' in that State. Beyond that? If there's information the police have not revealed? That's their job. But that doesn't mean relevant and pertinent information isn't revealed.

Also - you seem to forget. The information that's 'out there' about Lisa's parents is not just confined to the news.
There's family court records. They're open to the public.
There's conviction records. They're also open to the public.

That's not 'conspiracy' and it's certainly not 'digging into' someone's 'privacy' because it's not their privacy - it's public record.

Some of what have been put here as facts, has been proven incorrect...but yes..I guess that's par for the course of conspiracies.

That has nothing to do with 'conspiracies' it has to do with misinformation coming from bad journalism, over or under zealous media and sometimes outright mistakes. Mistakes do not equal conspiracy.

The misinformation in this thread has been cleared up as soon as possible by myself or others. Take note, that rarely happens in the media. Media rarely makes retractions. Sadly also - misinformation and skewed facts are a habitual byproduct of abduction cases, especially in those first few stress-filled hours.

As for my opinion? I chose to keep my opinion out of the thread as much as possible. Keep in mind ATS doesn't ask that of me. If, in those times I've included my opinion you feel like I'm leading a 'witch hunt'? Too bad.

peace
edit on 16-10-2011 by silo13 because: bbc and spacing

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join