It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisa Irwin - Missing - One Year Later

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Day 9: Police perform new search for baby Lisa

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

In the ninth day of searching for missing baby Lisa, police searched a wooded area on Wednesday near the home where baby Lisa was reported missing last week in the Northland.

According to police, the search included several acres near North 34th Street and North Brighton Avenue.

Police said this recent search did not come from a tip, but it is just an area they have not covered yet.

Under the comments section of this page is the following. I saved it in pic form in case it was removed from the link, especially since the Face Book page has already been removed since posting this information.

There was a report Lisa was (?) found in the woods in water.

Is this a 'leak' or just someone misinformed?

peace
edit on 12-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks Silo for the update. I have been searching for anything new today and nothing. I will google the facebook page and see if I can find anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Hello AuntB

I searched the page (FB) right off and it's already been taken down. Do you know if there's a way to get back in to a page that's down or to 'see' it somehow? Archives or something? If you find out please let us know - my interest (of course) is really peaked over this. The person on the FB page and the comment section didn't give the impression of being a nutbag...it sounded like sincere info, but, we've been led around the bush so many times since this all began it's so hard to know.

Thank you -

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I found a helpful timeline for the Lisa Irwin case:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I found a Baby Lisa Irwin update page but it is mainly news clips. I checked Twitter and both #lisaIrwin and #babylisa have comments on them re-searching an area near the home.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I looked on KMBC facebook and web site. There was not a story indicating that lisa had been found in water. That must just be a rumour.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I found this case to be weird from the begginning now it is downright frustrating. My family works or has worked for the KCPD and they are very thorough and are not BSers. The story between the police the family sometimes conflicts. I now some police are shady but not a whole group of them. I believe the police over the family myself. I am pretty sure I know what they are looking for a poor dead baby. After 9 days I really feel the police are right in looking towards the family.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
~

Any word on the whereabouts of her new kitten ?
It was mentioned that she found a kitten and had it in her crib
just before she disappeared.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Missing Baby Lisa Irwin -- Inconsistencies Piling Up

As the investigation into 11-month-old Lisa's disappearance continues into a second week, the inconsistencies in the parents' accounts of what happened are piling up and casting suspicion their way.

Here's a few of the highlights:

* The Irwins have a black lab as a pet who was on the porch on the night Lisa was reported missing. Bradley denied the dog barked that night.

* The last time Bradley saw Lisa was when she put her to bed at 10:30 p.m., she says. "I just changed her, you know, put fresh clothes on her, and get her ready for bed." Yet the baby disappeared while wearing purple shorts and a purple top with white kittens on it. Why would Bradley have changed a baby who was going to bed for the night into shorts and a shirt rather than pajamas?

* In another interview, Bradley said Lisa went to bed first and the boys later; the boys are 6 and 8 and it was a school night. Yet the boys went to bed subsequent to 10:30 p.m.?

* Police asked the Irwins to make a list of anyone who could have been responsible for Lisa's disappearance. When asked in an interview by Judge Jeanine Pirro, "How did you pick these names," Jeremy Irwin answered, "Anybody. People who have been in the house. People that have had miscarriages lately. People who got divorces, cheating on their husb- (he stopped himself; his wife shook her head "no"). Irwin's mention of people getting divorces and cheating on their husbands has no logical nexus with a baby kidnapping and raises eyebrows.

* Lisa Irwin went to bed with a cold and cough. Bradley claims to have slept in her own room with another child and a stray cat in her bed, her bedroom door shut. This is an unusual choice for a mother with a sick baby. In an interview Sunday, Bradley says she had a baby monitor operating that night. Yet she, like the dog, heard nothing when a stranger allegedly entered her baby's bedroom and removed her baby.

* Irwin and Bradley suggested a window in an adjacent room as a point of entry, saying the screen had been tampered with. A police re-enactment showed the window to be an unlikely -- almost impossible -- point of quiet entry.

* The couple claims an intruder took their three cellphones at the same time as taking the baby, delaying their call to 911. Yet they admitted to Judge Jeanine that Jeremy had a functioning work phone he ultimately used to call 911.

Beyond the above the article listed there vast inconsistencies with what the mother reported - and then recanted on or changed later casting more doubt on her credibility.

Also, though the police have not come right out and said so word for word, they allow the assumption to continue concerning the trip to the store to by wine just hours before Lisa's disappearance.

To answer a question asked about a kitten? Lisa was wearing day time clothes, to bed, that had a kitten print. The mother, choosing to sleep in her own room with another child who was not sick and with the door closed had a stray cat in the room with her that night.

So, another day and no Lisa. Keep your fingers crossed and for those of you who do it? Pray.

peace

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Police continue asking about neighborhood handyman

About twelve K-9 officers searched a wooded area near the Brighton Town homes off Brighton Avenue. Investigators said they were looking for evidence in the Lisa Irwin case, but they didn't give details.

Meanwhile, detectives were near the Irwin home asking people about a guy called "Jersey." Neighbors said Jersey is an out-of-work handyman who rides his bike around the area.

"The cops came asked us if we had seen a person, the handyman or "Jersey." I've never seen him before don't know who he is," said neighbor Carissa Carda.

My question: Is the missing handyman and the homeless man the same?

All the neighbors said they don't know Jersey's real name. They said he hasn't been seen since Lisa Irwin disappeared.

That's not so unusual with all the police cars, dogs, FBI, helicopters, but still, it will be good when they find this man and either rule him out, or not.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
While I am all for using every measure to find this poor child. I have to wonder what the bill is so far?
A million? More?
They had onsite task force for days. Every officer and dogs.
Then they have emptied a well, moved power lines, demolitioned a old house, more man power, helicopters, lawyers for supeona's, add infinium.

I realize there isn't a price to be put on this child's life and finding what happened is of the utmost importance.
Just out of curiosity... who is paying for this?
The citizens of Kansas City Missouri? Are their taxes going to rise? Or is the city going to have to stop snow removal this year?
What happens if another poor baby gets kidnapped? Will the city be too broke to find it?

Please don't flame me for asking a realistic question. I do not mean to sound unfeeling, because I am not.
If that was my grandchild I would be soooo grateful for the persistance and effort and expense. I would be such a basket case that money would not even occur to me. But since I am not that close, I am curious.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

You bring up a good point - the costs.

I'll take it a step further though.

Who's the 'silent patron' paying for the new 'private detective' (who by the way is not licensed in Missouri)?
I think it's the news station. Sensationalism pays.

That's the problem.

There's a little baby girl at the center of this - missing - probably dead, but what has this turned into besides a circus?

A money maker.

So sad.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have to play devils advocate on a few things.

I have had dogs that would bark at the stupidest things, but not when they should have been barking, and some dogs just aren't barkers. I can honestly say I have never heard my grandparents lab bark.

The baby clothes. Yea I did that a lot. Most baby clothes are pajama like and they go through clothes like crazy and half the time my kids pajamas were in the laundry,

A new mom probably wouldn't sleep with the door closed with a sick baby, but a mom who has had several kids, well yeah, we tend to learn when to stress and when not to. With my first I would have been hovering over all night, by my third if it was just a sniffle, by 10 months, yeah, I would have unless it was bad.

Mothers of babies are sleep deprived eventually your body say's enough is enough, and you end up completely dead to the world not matter how much noise is made, especially if she had a glass of wine. Also, if you can co-sleep with a kid in bed you can sleep through anything,
As an insomniac when I finally do sleep I sleep hard, and I can totally see myself sleeping through a break in and a barking dog on those nights.
I do have to say the whole cell phones thing has me mystified but some have mentioned having the phones by the bed. I never keep my phone by my bed because being a mom, my sleep is precious and I don't want to be woken up by. Mine is in the kitchen turned off on the charger at night. I don't understand however why the kidnapper would take the phones. That just doesn't make sense.

Edit to say, I am only half awake, and I am to tired to proof read my post again. here is hoping it makes sense.
edit on 13-10-2011 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the claim that three cell phones were taken at the same time as the baby has always been a red flag to me. It makes no sense...especially since it hardly delays a person's ability to call 9-1-1 because they can go to a neighbor's home and use the phone pretty quickly if they want to.

Additionally, since it's obvious that this person had knowledge of this baby and where it slept, isn't it also presumable that this suspect would know these people had a dog? If this baby was taken by an intruder, then the intruder obviously had been watching these people long enough to know certain things about where the baby was, etc., and I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have been aware of the family dog. Who goes inside a home knowing the dog is inside and can alert the occupants of an intruder?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

A new mom probably wouldn't sleep with the door closed with a sick baby, but a mom who has had several kids, well yeah, we tend to learn when to stress and when not to.

Yes, you're right. And it's very simple to be on this side of the computer screen and judge someone 'out there' in the middle of a tragedy. But, there's something called gut instinct too - those of us who are using are gut instinct when giving our opinions on Lisa's parents? I suppose in a way that's what we're here for. Those who are attacking on the other hand? I wouldn't want to be one of them. That whole Karma thing.

Thank you for your post - and again - you're right. There are things 'seasoned' parents will do, new parents will not. On the other had you have to admit there are some truly perplexing inconsistencies in this case.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I'm sorry, but the claim that three cell phones were taken at the same time as the baby has always been a red flag to me. It makes no sense...especially since it hardly delays a person's ability to call 9-1-1 because they can go to a neighbor's home and use the phone pretty quickly if they want to.

I've been of few minds on that one. It was a spur of the moment thing - snatched up in panic when the intruder was leaving the house.

The cellphones were 'stolen' to cover up information within the phone - something Lisa's abductor does not want the police to know. (Honestly I don't know enough about cell phones to know if those records can be reviewed without the phones or not.)

Or, the parents did it to throw police off.

Lots of questions and opinions there!

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Baby Lisa doesn’t need a sideshow

Cue the music and send in the clowns. Oh, wait. Never mind. Curtain’s already up. The circus has begun.

The disappearance of Baby Lisa Irwin is strange. But with the appearance of “Wild Bill” Stanton, the case officially enters the land of bizarre.

Stanton is a self-promoter, plain and simple. He had three or four years as a New York City police officer back in the late ’80s before a hand injury sent him into early, early retirement.

So Wild Bill was born. He became a private detective, a bouncer, a bodyguard eager to hobnob with celebrities like Sylvester Stallone and Bruce Willis.

Later in the article:

And apparently he persuaded the Irwin family to let him assist in the hunt for Baby Lisa. No word on who pays his tab. NBC?

Stanton declined to speak at length Wednesday with a Kansas City Star reporter.

None of it matters. He’s not a police officer. He has no legal authority. He’s not even a licensed private detective in Missouri. He will have no access to police findings.

So, it’s not only begun but the circus is a three ringer for sure. How incredibly sad.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
We assume that she is a very good mother, and we assume that she would do everything it the " good mom handbook". I don't think this is the case. I used to run a day care, and I have seen first hand some serious lazyness when it comes to some parents. There are parents who let little kids stay up all night playing video games or watching TV because they just don't care what they do as long as they are leaving them alone. They don't care if their child takes a bath, eats, brushes their teeth, comb their hair....that's just a sad but true fact. We also assume that she is telling the truth about what time the baby went to bed, what time she went to bed and so on.... I think there is a lot more to the story than she is telling the police.

Also I want to add.... Who in the world would allow a stray cat they picked up off the street sleep in the bed with them?! A stray could have any number of dieseases, not to mention mites, fleas, ticks, or mange! That is just gross to me. It's OK to get one and take it to the vet as soon as you can, but for goodness sakes don't put it in your bed until you know it's healthy!

EDIT! They just annouced the man in the store with her buying wine is her brother!
edit on 13-10-2011 by lilowl53 because: Update

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Surveillance video shows Lisa Irwin's mother out shopping the night of disappearance

So finally the 'unidentified man' who was seen in the video? It's released he's a neighbor who offered Deborah a ride.

Police investigated and discovered the man was a neighbor who gave Bradley a ride to the grocery store.

Investigators have told NBC Action News the video has not led to any significant developments in the case.

peace

edit on 13-10-2011 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Nothing good and new yet silo13? Keeps an optimistic mind for her. MAN this EARTH needs rinsed of some wickedness.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join