It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers, Nipples and Milk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

There was also the chef in NYC last year that made and served cheese from his wife's breast milk. Not sure if it was on ATS but I remember it in the news. The Department of Health went after him if I remember correctly.

When my son was born our doctor told us of the many benefits of breast milk, she mentioned enzymes that will change to fight off all different types of bacteria and infection. Human babies devote 65% of fat intake directly to building brain mass, so breast feeding in my opinion is essential if you want big headed kids.

BAM

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 5-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

They can produce thier own. Lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Erm... Can you provide a link for us, first of all?

Second, if the study suggests two glasses of milk per day, where did you get human milk from? How do you know they did not mean milk from a cow?

Or am I just missing something and I am making a fool of myself?

That said, I love milk... From a cow that is.
edit on 5-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

It also changes every time babies nurse to meet their constantly changing nutritional needs. Nature at it's finest. More mothers should breastfeed instead of using a one-size-fits all formula.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Are you joking? Women 'should' be able to give milk there entire life?
Is it not 'proven' that calcium increases the strength of our bones?

Of course I'm joking around, but it puts things into perspective - doesn't it?

If milk were a "necessity" for adult males, then the human female mammal would produce milk her whole life for the adult male population to get this alleged "necessity" of nutrients in milk. So if the military from the late 1940s/early 1950s claims that adult men and soldiers "need" this milk, then do you feel that human females should lactate year round their whole life to supply the soldiers/adult men with this "necessity" the old study claims they need?

Calcium also comes from green leafy vegetables. You don't have to get it from milk. And there is a bunch of misconceptions about milk put out by the milk industry.

Mother's milk of any mammal, softens, yes softens bones to stop them from hardening so that bones can grow. Hardened bones without the milk don't really grow so well. But softened bones grow. So it's not that the milk itself gives instantly strengthened bones...but rather softens them so they can grow strong. There's a difference.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I have to ask: Were there no "adult women" in the military then? Or is this dietary *suggestion based upon a presumption regarding male physiology?

I don't think there was. I think the research was done on men only in Basic Training and Women weren't allowed in the Army yet. I'm talking about the Basic 4 food groups, which used to be 7 groups in 1943 and apparently was 12 food groups in the 1930s.

• 1933 USDA publishes food plans at four cost levels to help people shop for
food, including 12 major food groups, to buy and use in a week to meet nutri-
tional needs.
• 1940’s Fortification of milk with vitamin D was a critical step in rickets con-
trol. Pellagra virtually eliminated by enriching flour with niacin.
• 1941 President Franklin D. Roosevelt convened the National Nutrition
Conference for Defense, which led to the first Recommended Dietary
Allowances of nutrients and resulted in the issuance of War Order Number
One, a program to enrich wheat flour with vitamins and iron.
• 1943 Basic Seven food guide released as the National Wartime Nutrition
Guide (which was updated as National Food Guide in 1946)
• 1940’s First simple daily nutrition guide published.
• 1956 USDA published new food guide, the Basic Four, that recommended
minimum number of foods from the four food groups–milk, meat, fruits and
vegetables, and grain products; it was widely used for the next 2 decades.

from Millenium Milestones Fact Book

top topics

<< 1   >>

join