It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia & China veto UN resolution on sanctions against Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

dont worry ,once you attack Syria there is great possibility that it will be WW3.You will have less than one hour to meet your maker.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Im not entirely sure. There will come a point when enough is enough, and Russia and/or China will do to the west what the west has been doing to the middle east for the past few decades. And maybe they should, we certainly do need liberating from our oppressive leaders.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Make no mistake... China and Russia do not intend to go to war with the USA.

They intend to draw the USA into more incredibly costly conflicts in the Middle East.

Their strategies (long term) have already been incredibly successful at achieving many covert objectives.

Again, will the USA bite this time?

Stay tuned.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Check PNAC's Strategy plan. As for China it will not want to be part.Russians they are prepared for thermonuclear war and its the main trump card in their hand. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Yeah, their support for Iraq was very impressive as well, Right?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

they had no bases/facilities in Iraq. Think about it. Syria has it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Thinking...

Yep, it still is what it is.

There isn't going to be a world war, there could be a new series of battles in the middle east.

Depends entirely on whether the west chooses military intervention or not, in either Iran or Syria.

We'll just have to wait and see.

edit on 5-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
China gaining upper hand in friendship with Russia-report
Sun Oct 2, 2011 10:02pm GMT

af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFTRE79120820111002?sp=true

BEIJING (Reuters) - China is gaining the upper hand in its much vaunted friendship with Russia due to Beijing's shift away from relying on Moscow for advanced weapons and deep problems with energy cooperation, a report released on Monday said.

While leaders of both countries play up the extent of their alliance and strategic ties, this partnership is unlikely to develop into anything more significant, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) said.

"In the coming years, while relations will remain close at the diplomatic level, the two cornerstones of the partnership over the past two decades -- military and energy cooperation -- are crumbling," the think-tank wrote. "As a result, Russia's significance to China will continue to diminish."

China and Russia's ties have careened between cooperation and near war in past decades, veering from firm Communist friends in the 1950s to fighting over a border dispute in 1969.

While both work closely at the United Nations and frequently oppose U.S. policies or Western demands for sanctions on countries like Syria, China and Russia also value their relationship with Washington, the report said.

(...)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

check what astrologers and remote viewers have to say .check nikola stojanovic .He's predicted several things right.

attack on syria will be ww3 . hint Tartus

Russian destroyer from the northern fleet is inbound for Tartus mid october

en.rian.ru...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

check what astrologers and remote viewers have to say .check nikola stojanovic .He's predicted several things right.

attack on syria will be ww3 . hint Tartus

Russian destroyer from the northern fleet is inbound for Tartus mid october

en.rian.ru...

I don't need to check any of that, I'm already quite confident in my sources.

abracadabra

*and POOF I'm gone*

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

lol? what sources?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
yeah, it sucks when so many other times the U.N. has looked to the U.S or NATO to take care of problems its "peacekeepers" couldn't. maybe this is why the U.S. and NATO step in.. because eventually it will get asked to do so anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I'll give you everything you need, for a 7 figure amount.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by paraphi

another one who swallows pentagon propaganda BS. Russia has more freedom than USA today. enjoying your economic slavery and two part dictatorship?

I bet you have never been to Russia. Your points are childish and not meant to be constructive. You need to find a different way to argue a point.

What's a "two part dictatorship" anyway?

Regards

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I two liner personal attack huh? I am Slavic Blood,a Serbian expat and been to Russia several times. Serbia calls itself little Russia .anyways our big brother Russia is strong now and soon will whoop your fascist corporate empire you ardently so worship.

a two party dictatorship
edit on 5-10-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

what are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'd venture a guess, you already know the answer to that question.

Tread carefully, THEY are watching.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes,So my cousin is in FSB so?

we are watching every move.... GRU style

edit on 5-10-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yes,So my cousin is in FSB so?

Tell him the Chinese spook was a CIA operative, and it was all planned to create tensions.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Good for you, and not a personal attack, just a hint that you should be less (er) patronising.

My point remains in that both Russia and China (especially China) are autocracies and therefore are more inclined to let their fellow autocracies be. The liberal Western democracies tend to be on opposing sides with the autocracies on the other, quite happy to run their repressive regimes with little consideration of the people living therein.

Just off topic slightly, but good to see Serbia developing since the dark days of autocracy under Tito and Milosevic.

Regatrds

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join