It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan means truth in sanskrit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
reply to post by apushforenlightment

Fear does not equal respect. Not in my book anyway. Being forced to respect someone out of fear equals repressed anger and resentment. I respect my parents and never had a fearful bone in my body.

I don't get you answer if you are now answering Dezero. Give me the quote if I am missing something

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socivarious666
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Those of us who follow the true path of light prefer to be called Luciferian.
Hail Lucifer my brothers!
Very sad to see people still stuck with their eyes closed in Yawehs darkness.
One day your eyes will be opened for you, and you will weep at the Truth.
We will rejoice.

They will probably weep of joy in that case. I probably will because I will be home
. I know that my beliefs will be a bit of the mark. Who cares. I don't and god does definetly not care about if i miss a fineprint somewhere. It's what you are not what you belive that is important. If I belived in a theory that god is a giant mushroom then god would laught with me at my incredable way of using his gift of imagination. Love

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by Dezero

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by faithplusone
reply to post by UniverSoul

I see you have no knowledge of the word of God whatsoever,so please take some time researching the Bible before saying such things,He is a loving God,but he needs us to fear Him so we do not stray from the right way.
But in this age very few fear Him,and even less people love and praise Him....

You have free will,but choose your consequences wisely,i do not think i deserve eternity with Lord in heaven,but i will try my best...when you look this world with your heart,only love really matters.

With love,your brother

right so you get your info from one verse but then ignore the others? what makes one relivant and not the other?

i know the word of god better than most christians. trust me or test me i dont care

no creator would need to use fear if he was as powerful as you say..anything to do with god is the word of man.
your right not many fear him now because we wernt forced into it like generations closely before us.

if there was a god i think he would want people who didnt believe in him to go to heaven, sort of like a screening proceses. people who did believe in him proved guliability and could be easily tricked by the devil.

remember what it was like before you were born? thats what heaven is like.. some of the best insight we have into the afterlife is what we wernt even around to see.

so if only love matters why all the killing and hate and fear?

with chocolates, but i ate them brother.

edit on 5-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

When you are a child you fear your mother and father, it is part of love. If you didn't fear them you would have no respect or love for them when you are older because they didn't give you the respect of keeping you from harm. When I tell my son "No" It's not because I hate him, it's because I'm trying to protect him. He will fear my judgement but respect it all the same. Can you see the understanding now.

You might have to use fear in this world to condition your child but from my point of view it is a bad action. You are building up bad Karma but you are probably giving love that balances it out. Your child will have a problem getting thru the conditioning from you and the rest of the world. But it is a evolution where the sins of the father is slowy dissapering with every generation as we become more civilized. The true god do not need fear to control me. I do what my conciess tells me because it is the right thing to do. But thats the difference with enlightning religons as new age and buddhism and Christianety from my point of view. You need fear to stay in place. I choose to do what's right and I follow god because I love him and respect him. If god was hateful, egocentered, bullying then I would stand up to him an tell him to change. God is a teacher and loves when we ask why and what. He don't want us to hide in fear but stand tall and ask why do you do like this. He always answer in his own way
. But sometimes you get the answer after a log while but then all makes sense. The eternal hell that bible tells about is a lie. I will never stand for souls to be casted down in misery for all time. Do you think god is worse than me or have an ego. God is infinate, allknowing and love everything and never give up on any soul.

I didn't say I use fear I don't intimidate my son, when you do something that displeases your parents (assuming they are good parents) you will fear their judgement because you know you've done wrong. The problem is that people often forget the bible was written in hebrew and there are translation issues that have not been mended.
Also the bible does not teach eternal hellfire, that is the catholic church. This is a scare tactic used to extort money out of people.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Fear does not equal respect. Not in my book anyway. Being forced to respect someone out of fear equals repressed anger and resentment. I respect my parents and never had a fearful bone in my body.

I don't get you answer if you are now answering Dezero. Give me the quote if I am missing something

How are we forced to respect someone? If you don't fear or respect God do you think you will be struck down tomorrow? It is unlikely, we are Gods children, we have the truth and most of us have had lots of chances to have faith but we choose our own path the path is not forced.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

So you think you are a linguist . I think that your connection of satan to Sanatana dharm maybe a little loose unless you can find a real link in a linguistic dicionary

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

I found some music for you for you Sa Ta nama
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
why do you americans care so much about who's right and who's wrong? here in japan, we don't really care abot these issues, and guess what, we're very happy people. in my country the two main contenders are bhudi=hism and shinto and they don't fight amongst each other nearly as much as christians and other religions, especially among themselves.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Sorry but you reveal your absolute IGNORANCE of sanskrit. You obviously haven't studied the language in any depth (which I have for 45 yrs). The word "TRUTH" in sanskrit is SAT NOT SATAN. There is NO EQUIVALENT of the word satan in the sanskrit language. It has NEVER BEEN USED IN THE LANGUAGE. You are a fool so go back to sleep.. OR actually study the language and learn f**king something useful for once in your retarded life...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaronez
You are a fool so go back to sleep.. OR actually study the language and learn f**king something useful for once in your retarded life...

Wow. Was that really necessary? Can you not correct someone without running them in the ground?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Is this thread a joke?

Satya means truth in sanskrit as far as I know.

"Satanama", like many sanskrit words is a combination of many shorter words... and would be pronounced completely different from "SATAN". I am no expert, but I dont think there is a real foundation to compare the use of SA or SAT.... which is very common in sanskrit writings, with SATAN, a word that rolled around much later in history.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

your post me laugh, I agree, why would something that needs nothing from us behave so uptight.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

So, DOG spelled backwards is GOD.

What is your point?

Satan in Hebrew means accuser and this is taken to mean accuser of the brothers.

To clarify things he accuses you, before God, of all manner of evil, hoping that God, in his strict adherence to justice, must punish you.

But, of course, God IS love and He has found a way for justice to be served and you to be spared.

In a court of law there is a principle called "double jeopardy". It prevents the same crime from being charged twice.

God chose to take on our punishment, in our place. Double jeopardy mandates that the punishment cannot be served twice.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OK, I'm calling BS on the OP.

Here's some details I pulled from an online English to Sanskrit translator (spokensanskrit.de...):

सतनु satanu adj. having a body
सतनु satanu adj. together with the body
शातन zAtana adj. destroying
शातन zAtana adj. causing to fall or decay
शातन zAtana adj. felling
शातन zAtana adj. hewing or cutting off
शातन zAtana n. sharpness
शातन zAtana n. cutting or plucking off
शातन zAtana n. means of removing or destroying
शातन zAtana n. act of causing to fall
शातन zAtana n. thinness
शातन zAtana n. planing
शातन zAtana n. act of sharpening or wetting
शातन zAtana n. polishing
शातन zAtana n. ruining
शतन zatana n. felling
शतन zatana n. cutting down
सटाङ्क saTAGka adj. mane-marked
सटाङ्क saTAGka adj. a lion
शताङ्ग zatAGga adj. hundred-membered
शताङ्ग zatAGga adj. manifold
शताङ्ग zatAGga m. chariot
शताङ्ग zatAGga m. Dalbergia Ougeinensis
सतन्द्र satandra adj. exhausted
सतन्द्र satandra adj. having lassitude
सतन्द्र satandra adj. languid
सतन्त्र satantra adj. corresponding to a model or type
शतानक zatAnaka n. burning-ground
शतानक zatAnaka n. cemetery
शतानना zatAnanA f. hundred-faced
शतानन zatAnana m. Aegle Marinelos
शतानीक zatAnIka adj. containing or possessing a hundred hosts
शतानीक zatAnIka adj. having a hundred forms of array
शतानीक zatAnIka m. old man
शतानीक zatAnIka m. father-in-law
शताङ्कुर zatAGkura adj. having a hundred shoots
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. of viSNu or kRSNa
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. car of viSNu
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. delighting hundred's
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. of a sage and other men
शताङ्ग zatAGga adj. manifold
शताङ्ग zatAGga m. chariot
शताङ्ग zatAGga m. Dalbergia Ougeinensis
सतन्द्र satandra adj. exhausted
सतन्द्र satandra adj. having lassitude
सतन्द्र satandra adj. languid
सतन्त्र satantra adj. corresponding to a model or type
शतानक zatAnaka n. burning-ground
शतानक zatAnaka n. cemetery
शतानना zatAnanA f. hundred-faced
शतानन zatAnana m. Aegle Marinelos
शतानीक zatAnIka adj. containing or possessing a hundred hosts
शतानीक zatAnIka adj. having a hundred forms of array
शतानीक zatAnIka m. old man
शतानीक zatAnIka m. father-in-law
शताङ्कुर zatAGkura adj. having a hundred shoots
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. of viSNu or kRSNa
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. car of viSNu
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. delighting hundred's
शतानन्द zatAnanda m. of a sage and other men
शतनीथ zatanItha adj. having a hundred tricks
शतनेत्रिका zatanetrikA f. Asparagus Racemosus
शतनिर्ह्राद zatanirhrAda adj. emitting manifold sounds
सतानूनप्त्रिन् satAnUnaptrin m. companion in the performance of the tAnUnaptra

You go figure if the OP was even close to right!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Your thread got me to thinking....is Satan really an alien? So I went searching on the net and found this information...I am not saying that I believe it....but I am saying it is interesting and somewhat entertaining.

Link: www.jesusbelievesinevolution.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Excellent post, can you post that at GLP now?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Well, the middle finger means hello in Swahili. So, here's my middle finger.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by faithplusone

A loving god that demands child sacrifice, punishes entire cities with death, slaughters the children of his perceived enemy, floods an entire planet because he's pissed off, etc? I think bible thumpers are selectively illiterate.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Tell that to Job!

Tell that to any Christian who knows about the accusor.

What did Jesus say to Peter I think it was, when he wanted Jesus to avoid his fate..?

Satan is a spirit of rebellion against the authority of God, and he hates the human being as the crown of God's creation, and will destroy wherever possible, particularly an understanding and a realization of the Great Work of Jesus Christ, which undoes his power, and pilfers his house, leaving him with nothing of any value.

Praise him who crushed the head of the snake.

Let us feed from the tree of life - not the duality of the knowledge of good and evil.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You know if Lucifer hadn't tempted Eve, none of us would even be here right now so I for one am glad he did it. Ponder that thought for a moment and see if maybe it was actually meant to happen that way.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by aaronez
You are a fool so go back to sleep.. OR actually study the language and learn f**king something useful for once in your retarded life...

Wow. Was that really necessary? Can you not correct someone without running them in the ground?

Lol...you would not want him as your professor of sanskrit . Get you head bitten of for being a fool .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join