It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Do Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'v been lurking these forums for a good few years before i became a member & have read some pretty wild claims on here on how things are running in the world. I thought id post and ask if they got put into power tomorrow, how would you change the current system so that its more of a fair.

How would you stop the bankers getting so much profit out of thin air
How would you regulate oil company's so that they dont get the profits they do
How would you bring more work to the country you're in power of
Plus all the other bad thing's thats happening. Bare in mind that if you just dismantle these organisations, you're country will be chucked back to the stone age, unless you have some idea to avoid that with you're own currency - but then how are you going to do that?

I ask these questions because i honestly feel that there is no way to brake the current capitalistic power house we're on at the moment.

I'd like to think we could share the land, share the wealth & have an all round better health, but i just dont know how we would accomplish that.

Thanks & i look forward to hearing you reply's

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Good thread mate.

Firstly the banks. Investment and savings need to be separated to ensure savings. Secondly, super profits tax. Nominate a percentage relative to turnover that, once exceed, attracts 40% tax or more.

Oil companies, the same. In fact ALL resource companies should have this applied. These things are all ours and they're finite.

That tax money gets re-invested into infrastructure construction, education and health thus creating jobs.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

reply to post by n00bUK

I would "scan" the earth for all its resources, Build up a new network of cities that produces their own food in skyscrapers etc(I mean we won't need those banks anymore because there is no need to value material things in this world, There is more than enough for everyone). I would introduce new ways of transportation and oil as a fuel would be completely gone and natural ways of getting somewhere without killing our nature.

Everyone in the world would share everything they have,. Everyone would have access to everything. People could move where ever they wanted on this planet. We would have machines and automated systems for everything that we could ever need, Of course everything is created with the best material that needs to be used for this specific item(We don't want to replace everyting all the time, We want things to hold.. 50-80 years at least), Broken items you turn it in to your local station where it will get upgraded/repaired/whatever. People who choose work work will focus on how to improve our current techonolgy or what ever way they believe can help humanity in forms of other technologies, medicine e.t.c INSTEAD of say weapons like all the governments do today

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I would do one simple thing:

All profits of a business must be distributed out amongst employees based on the difficulty and quality of their work and contributions. Owners, managers, and executives will not get excessive wages/salaries, but they will get a little bit more than other employees because their jobs are probably more complex and time consuming. Their position or stake in the business is meaningless. Obviously this only applies to corporations considered to be a separate entity from the owners. The income of a Partnership and Sole Trader can be used in any way the owners see fit because it's considered to be personal income, the owners can trade using their own name, and have unlimited liability.

If the owners have a duty to make sure a corporation is always functioning as a "healthy business entity" than why doesn't the corporation have a responsibility to make sure it's Human counterparts have the ability to always function healthily. In fact a corporation has no reason to make sure it's profit is fairly distributed between the people which keep the heart of the business pumping. Indeed, a business is succeeding when shareholders are increasing their profit whilst minimizing all other costs, including the cost of paying employees fairly. That means shipping the work offshore and a range of other cost cutting techniques.

It comes down to the fact that you either have ownership of a business or the business owns you. As an employee you are literally an asset to the business. Cutting costs can include liquidating assets which are too expensive or a burden to the business. It can also include minimizing employee payouts until the wages are verging on slave labor. It promotes massive inequality where the rich keep getting richer and poor keep getting poorer. You need to be in it to win it...as it were. It's called capitalism. A dog eat dog world. Anyone can make it big but few ever do. Most people are simply working for the dogs.

EDIT: As for the banks. All you need to do is stop allowing criminal entities such as the FED to control the production of money.
edit on 5-10-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I would take the investigative powers we use to well..investigate other things, and point them at our Government, our Bankers, our leaders...

I would weed out the bad apples and rats and put good people that aren't bought and paid for in positions of power.

This is becoming a government, for the government. No matter the impact to the people (us) that allow these politicians to lead.

I would restore what government was put there for!

FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE!

it's late and i'm sleepy, but i will come back with a more detailed version of my ideas...thanks.

Nice conversation starting piece OP! *****

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

I would take the investigative powers we use to well..investigate other things, and point them at our Government, our Bankers, our leaders...

I would weed out the bad apples and rats and put good people that aren't bought and paid for in positions of power.
That doesn't solve the root of the problem. Corruption will always keep springing up in a system which makes it possible. You need to reform the banking system and the Government if you want anything to really change. We are using outdated systems that have been abused and manipulated to benefit the elite and rob the poor.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Great reply's guys, lets keep this thread going! Theres some great mind on ATS and i want to hear everybody's solution!

We moan moan moan, now is you're time to say how you would change the things you hate!

One of the best ways IMO, to make the government more fair, is by introducing voting into basically everything - instead of letting a handful of people decide whats happening.

Instead of 200-300 people making the decisions in London, it should be taken to every city, burrow and town and have the voting system implemented.

Abolish the parties of Labor, conservatives and what not - these are the same parties that have been shafting us for over a hundred years and there is no way we can make that system fair - its a lost/broken cause.

Theres too many people in country's nowadays to let a handful of people manage them, its impossible. The only way i see it getting better if its broken down so towns can have a vote of whats happening in their city's, and then a city vote on whats happening in their country.

I feel this would interest more people to get into politics, or just general work that helps the community - pushing you're city to be the best for you're self & surroundings, because everybody knows, you're a product of you're own environment and given the chance to change their environment, allot of people would take it upon their selves to better their selves and their city. If we push schemes like this that get people involved in their communities then maybe in a few decades we would eventually push out the instinct of greed, and live happily ever after where everybody is involved with everything to do with their country, this way they feel they are part of the community/bigger picture and have a sense of achievement, which is what allot of people lack.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Lol i just knew someone would pounce on my reply..

I wasn't finished sir.

new topics

top topics

join