It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 1 in 3 vets sees Iraq, Afghan wars as wastes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a new poll of veterans who have served since 9/11, one-third say the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were not worth fighting.

And a majority of those surveyed think that 10 years after the al-Qaida attacks, America should be focusing less on foreign affairs and more on its own problems.

Good, although I was hoping the number would be higher. What kind of 'worth' have we gotten out of these wars? Lots of dead people and wasted money is all I can think of at the moment, and I wouldnt call that 'worth', more like waste.

The findings highlight a dilemma for the Obama administration as it struggles to shrink the government's huge budget deficits and reconsider defense priorities while trying to keep public support for remaining involved in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Well...good luck Obama.
edit on 4-10-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Five years ago today two Marines I served with lost their lives. I myself served in Operation Phantom Fury in Fallujah in 2004. From my experiences nothing was gained in Iraq except massive loss of life, devastating destruction everywhere, and complete caos everywhere. I just don't see how the war in Iraq has benifited the American People. After all it is the american people that were supposed to be fighting for. It pains me everday to think that my brothers who have made the ultimate sacrifice have done so for such a useless cause. The only reason that the statistics say that only one in three feel the wars are a waste is because the rest are too damn brainwashed by the current status of our society that they just don't know anybetter. Call it lost to ignorance. I can say this because i used to be one of the ignorant machine operaters they call the modern day military man.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I agree whole-heartedly with the Marine. I would say the numbers are askew depending on who they polled. It's funny how in 8 years I never answered a poll or survey, in fact, never got asked my opinion on anything but I hear all these results. My question is, who are they talking to? In my unit, the number one reason for the crazies who wanted to be deployed was money. Number two was they hated their life so bad they wanted to escape it.

As a flight medic, I saw some things I can't "unsee". I too was brainwashed into believing it was a just cause and worth fighting for. Now it just makes me sick to think we are losing so many valiant members of society for someone else's amusement. I pray for those families who have lost loved one's and those whose lives are forever altered.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm a Marine and i spent a year in Afghanistan...
no reason to be there in a war.

but if a country aint on board with the NWO plans, throw them on board... build schools to brainwash them young, hold mock elections and put the leaders you want in charge, build up their police force to control the masses. We do all that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I agree with them, no use in being in this pointless war. Everybody screams at people for being on Welfare but support a pointless war? I can't understand that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I agree with them, no use in being in this pointless war.

Sadly the war hawks Sean Hannity fans dont see that reailty

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Every armchair commando in the world should be forced to read these Vet's posts. I support all the troops, but we have to figure out some way to shut this meat grinder off once and for all.
War is the greatest obscenity man's pathetic little monkey brain can conjure up.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
the other two are dead.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

To hear you say that moved my heart. And your buddies did not die in vain. The journey you and yours must have taken to come all the way to here and say that... that was above and beyond the call of duty man. And your buddies would agree I bet. Peace unto you...

top topics

join