It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A one point plan to saving the world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Why are we trying so hard to print money, when it would be just as easy to erase the debt we've created?

I've just started wondering this, and would like all of your feedback as i'm not an economist.

What would be the positive and negative outcomes, of a one-time, worldwide, debt-mulligan?

Keep all the money you currently have, But erase the debt column for everything and everyone in the world. Re-evaluate how the world turns business wise, without having the pressure of an impossible debt to pay off.

Could this really be why so many people want the world to end? just so they can start over fresh somehow? why do we have to destroy everything in order to do this? Don't tell me this is too hard, or too impossible. Difficult, yes, improbable, highly, but impossible, no.

And to the people who say: "oh what about the companies that would go out of business if the debt was wiped away"
i say this: they probably weren't too healthy for the economy in the first place then now were they? that's like saying oh i shouldn't remove this cancer, because it used to be skin.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

I'd be pretty mad if you owed me money and your solution was wiping the slate clean and starting over.

I don't think we'd be pals anymore. =)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Let's see China agree to this one.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
debt isn't all profit. if debt isn't paid, then employees aren't paid, then employees quit, then product or service isn't produced, then company goes out of business, and unemployment rises.

that's the way the system function. corruption, theft, fraud, greed are more of a problem than debt.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The bigger problem you'd have would be those who saved who would be immediately mad they were being "punished" for their responsibility. People get very touchy when they feel a benefit is going to one group, but not another.

I think Solon (forgive me if my memory is off) tried this in Athens in ancient times and it worked well. Mind you, that was just a city, but I bet Greece would like to revisit this ancient history.

The biggest immediate problem I see with a general amnesty is you're substituting one functional inequal distribution of wealth for another. So you're going to keep the people who are unhappy pissed off and add to their ranks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think we know the real answer here: Chuck Norris.

edit on 4-10-2011 by cassandranova because: oops

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deafseeingeyedog

Lets make a problem so bad the sheep will beg for change and then when they do we will give it to them.

You think we would have learned our lessons with Hitler and his sheep in the 30s. But history is not something we hold dear. So we will repeat it again and again.

Back in Hitlers day it was the fear of communism and then Zionism. What is it today? I bet it is just another ISM.

Open your eyes and see the simplest of truths. The biggest thing we need to address is FEAR. And how they use it against the weak minded.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog

Keep all the money you currently have, But erase the debt column for everything and everyone in the world. Re-evaluate how the world turns business wise, without having the pressure of an impossible debt to pay off.

Love the erasing debt part, but I want to add a second point. Everybody has to start over with the same amount of money at the same time.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
Why are we trying so hard to print money, when it would be just as easy to erase the debt we've created?

Cool.
Just tell me when you're going to start, and I'll take out HUGE loans in the week beforehand.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Considering the vast majority of debt in the world is created out of thin air via the obscene fractional lending of a fiat currency complete with insidious compound interest then I think it's pretty obvious that wiping all institutional debt is the way to go. Of course, this should be accompanied by life sentences for the corrupt individuals in high places who manipulated us into this mess - I believe the FEMA camps should do nicely?

And I personally believe this is exactly what is going to happen, one way or another.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Shar_Chi because: typo

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
i think there is no solution and it all has to come crashing down, Then and ONLY then will the phoenix rise out of the ashes to rebuild his empire.

the corruption is so interweaved into everything its impossible to fix.

third world war comes to mind

new topics

top topics

join