It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Postal Inspection Police Truck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Driving to a job this morning I came across a vehicle I've never seen. It said "US postal inspectors" on the back and sides and "police" on the doors. It had a 5' dish on top as well as high gain coiled antenna like a news van would have. The other strange part was that it said "Mobile command center denver division" under main logo but I am in Kansas City.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I searched google images and found nothing like this. Any of you seen these or know why denvers command truck might be in KC?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

These trucks were in Joplin after the tornado doing their thing............The postal service has an armed police force as well.........So much for the pony.....
edit on 4-10-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Its like a cross between a Swat truck and a mobile command vehicle. Looks like even the postal workers aren't messing around anymore.

I am interested to know what its for too. Good Catch!

link   
Wait wait wait a little..... I'm not from the US so i don't know if I'm thinking right atm, but postal = mail right?
Or do you really have a POSTAL unit in the US?

link   
I know the Postmaster General has there own Federal Police force the "postal Police". They usually respond to break ins of Postal buildings, or robberies of mail carriers, etc.. As to why they would need a mobile command post, I have no idea.

postalinspectors.uspis.gov...
edit on 4-10-2011 by ANOMALY502 because: (no reason given)

job openings for the postal police.

www.netplaces.com...
edit on 4-10-2011 by ANOMALY502 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by ANOMALY502 because: clarity

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Is it possible Seinfeld was trying to tell us something.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
That's a serious looking vehicle to investigate mail fraud! Wonder if the dish picks up satellite TV?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

I can understand why for what happened here in Joplin, MO............SS checks were held at the post office and those affected by the tornado had to go through a process to prove their identity.......

I understand the process..........but the police were heavily armed..............

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just thought it was strange that I've never seen something like this, I cant find another pic of a truck like this and the denver thing. Kansas City is quite a hike from denver.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My office is across the street from the post office here in Joplin.........I guess I should have taken some pics of these trucks........

The only big deal I see here with these trucks is the heavily armed police force that accompanies these trucks.........nothing like going to get your mail and an officer wearing a bullet proof vest holding a M-16 is standing in the Post Office lobby….

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
They're not just for combating mail fraud. The Postal Inspectors investigate all sorts of crimes involving mail (think mailed explosives, mail carrier murders, etc . . .). Apparently they have 18 of these mobile command centers. The dishes are probably for communication from areas without reception. Here's some facts from the USPS:

Security, Law Enforcement, Preserving the Trust.

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is mandated to safeguard the entire Postal Service system — from the 574,000 employees who process and deliver the U.S. Mail to the millions of customers who use it daily.
* One of the country's oldest federal law enforcement agencies, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has a long, proud and successful history of protecting the Postal Service, securing the nation's mail system and ensuring public trust in the mail.
* Postal Inspectors arrested more than 6,000 suspects for crimes involving the mail or against the Postal Service in 2010. About half of the arrests involved mail theft and more than 1,000 involved fraud related to the mail.
* Postal Inspectors are members of the Identity Theft and Economic Crimes Task Force, national and state Joint Terrorism Task Forces and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, among others. They work closely with the financial service, airline and mail order industries to maintain America's confidence in the U.S. Mail.
* In 2010, Postal Inspectors responded to more than 3,500 incidents involving suspicious items, substances, powders or liquids in the mail or at postal facilities. Of those incidents, 199 involved improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
* Postal Inspectors arrested 128 suspects and reported 109 convictions for cases involving mailed threats, hoax powders, IEDs and other prohibited mail in 2010.
* To quickly respond to incidents such as natural disasters, the Postal Inspection Service has 18 mobile command centers and a mobile mail-screening station ready for action.
* Postal Inspectors seized from the mail $7.7 million in proceeds related to illegal drugs in 2010. * Postal Inspectors participated in a multiagency effort targeting investment fraud named Operation Broken Trust, resulting in actions against 529 suspects. The 120,000 victims lost nearly $2 billion.
* Postal Inspectors deploy state-of-the-art screening equipment designed to identify hazardous substances and suspicious items in the mail and to ensure safety at postal facilities while keeping the mail moving.
* In 2010, Postal Inspectors recovered nearly $2 million worth of stolen or misused postal equipment.
* In 2010, Postal Inspectors prevented more than 40,000 fraudulent usps.com transactions, valued at nearly $10 million. They also recovered 48,000 compromised credit cards belonging to postal customers.
* In 2010, Postal Inspectors seized approximately 27,000 counterfeit postal money orders worth nearly $26 million mailed to the U.S. from West African criminal groups.
* The Postal Inspection Service mailed more than 129 million fraud-prevention brochures to nearly every home in America, all paid for by funds seized from criminals.
* Postal Inspectors instructed more than 3,100 groups — employees, mailers, media and government agencies — on mail security and crime prevention best practices in 2010.

USPS

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

How is everything down there now? Is it still tore up or mostly cleaned up now? Even an hour or so away we haven't heard anything about you guys since a week after it happened.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That tow truck didnt hook up to it by chance?
maybe they had to go rescue a mail truck and needed back up?
Just asking what the proceedure is for broke down mail vehicles...
The dish smacks of sat phone...
id say they are in touch wwith higher higher instantly if they call....
Add to that perhaps that is what it is for, a central command truck for a mobile investigation of some kind?
I imagine the mail police do a lot of travelling to keep up with the mail crimes.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Interesting. I thought having a swat team come after us was scary enough, but a postal swat going postal on me, I think I'm going to remove my mail box.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
That tow truck didnt hook up to it by chance?
maybe they had to go rescue a mail truck and needed back up?
Just asking what the proceedure is for broke down mail vehicles...
The dish smacks of sat phone...
id say they are in touch wwith higher higher instantly if they call....
Add to that perhaps that is what it is for, a central command truck for a mobile investigation of some kind?
I imagine the mail police do a lot of travelling to keep up with the mail crimes.

No the tow truck was at the red light before we pulled up.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I just wish you guys would wake up and understand all this stuff of heavily armed people and vehicals to moniter and controll you is NOT NORMAL ....what will it take .

I have an idea how about you all take a trip to third world about to become first world economically . INDIA . and there you will see guys with machine guns behind sand bags at every railway station in the cities . Or you will be whisked with a wand every time you want to enter one of their crappy try hard malls .

Or you will be also patted down at said metro train stations .
Now India has regular bomb blast across the nation and and enemy on its boarder with Pakistan .

So who is the enemy within or on your boarder that you all so fear . I know 9/11 happened . and nothing else since then.

But then you all say 9/11 was an inside job . So whos the enemy of the state there for you all .

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

I concur. Complacency is a bitch. The term "normalcy bias" comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Can they send that unit to Nigeria and wipe out all the dam mail fraud coming out of there?

Seems the heavy equipment and armed men would be better served where the crimes are actually originating instead of where the victims are suffering.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Can they send that unit to Nigeria and wipe out all the dam mail fraud coming out of there?

Seems the heavy equipment and armed men would be better served where the crimes are actually originating instead of where the victims are suffering.

As long as they don't take out my rich unbeknown uncle who is about to die in a plane crash and leave his fortunes to me!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

Your uncle? We must be cousins, cause that is my uncle too!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join