It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JOHN TITOR - Time Traveller

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by paperface
Complaining about Text! What do people want hand drawn sentences!!

Welcome to the lazy spoon fed world of 2011
edit on 4-10-2011 by paperface because: (no reason given)

Wow. I haven't read any of the Titor story, so was glad to see some here- it is fun to read. I was thinking of starring and flagging this. But you are so rude and inconsiderate to your readers, I won't.

I made a msitake, I thought the OP made this rude comment, but it was not. So I'll add the star and flag I wanted to add.

To paperface- asking for text to be broken down into paragraphs to facilitate reading is an acceptable and common request. The accusation of laziness could be applied to those who don't bother to do it as well. Though it lacks class to accuse it in either case.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thank you for the link op ..I find time travel to be fascinating always have.. I've never taken the time to read Titor's stores so far ive found them a interesting read but a bit far fetched more like entertainment ..But a few things he has said has come true ..The reason why i never bothered reading his stuff is he was known as a hoaxer but i have to admit he has a wonderful imagination..Peace,sugarcookie1 S&F for the thread..

edit on 5-10-2011 by sugarcookie1 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

And what is your point?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I, for one, believe it. And all I could think of is that i wish I had been around to chat with the guy. Heck, he seems like a decent human being I wouldn't mind having a beer with. Or coffee. Or reverse-osmosis-filtered water. Whatever the chap preferred. I just wish he could have had a "normal" friend who didn't constantly try to get him to prove things or try to catch him slipping up on some detail or another. I'm sure he already knows that there are tons of different people but it would have been nice to show him that not Everybody here is so focused on who is right and who is wrong. Some of us can have a friendly conversation "just for shiggles" no matter the subject as long as it isn't something TOO dark and twisted, without getting all emotional and serious about it. I totally understand the fear of the "men in lab coats". In fact, I would have had a problem even approaching my own family! It's interesting to imagine how that would have gone. And, don't people understand how many interesting conversations we can have just contemplating situations lime that without focusing on whether or not he was telling the truth? I believe we could learn a lot from this person whether he is a time traveller or not. And he took the words right out of my mind when he said that people in the future do not like the people from our time very much... Even here on ats, I hear people saying things like "Oh I hope the world doesn't end because I was hoping to see such and such movie or tv show... And it DOES bother me that people can stand by while others suffer... If I had 10 million dollars, I would keep 1 million to survive with and provide for my family, and I would use the other 9 million to feed, clothe and house people. And the remaining one million I would end up sharing most of it anyway. If I DID buy anything fancy like a boat, I would let other people use it, and take homeless and poor people out on it. Do you have any idea how rewarding it would be just to see the looks on their faces? And for them to know that this isn't just a one time thing? That we could be friends and do this a few times a year? Sure, there would be a limit to how many friends one person could have, but it could still be a lot. And I only have so much time on this planet, but maybe other "millionaires" and well to do families would take my example. Just like Schindler, there's only so many people you can save. But your actions would echo across the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Nothing he predicted happened. He said that we would go into mass chaos from Y2K

HE IS A HOAX

Understand?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Is John Titor...really....John Rick Haber? Has it all been a hoax? Read the link and decide for yourself.......

hoaxhunter.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Titor admitted to not being real during one of his statements.

Something about not wanting to devalue the topics even if it was false. I believe this was all a clever trap to find people of above average intelligence and mark them.

I also believe most of the topics were related to problems technicians were currently having difficulty overcoming so they laid them out in a preposterous story to elicit free feedback and essentially recruit free workers.

Much the same way many of the threads that appear on here are fishing for free answers, and free fact checking of seeming to be impossible concepts.

Thats what I would do if I wanted to save a pile of money on my black ops budget. Then you could laugh and point at anyone who caught on and claim they were a nut talking about time travel etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've always been fascinated with this whole story. I was first made aware of it on here, a few years ago, shortly after joining.

Still don't know what to ultimately make of it all, but I will say this... to all the folks in the 'what about the stuff he said would happen that didn't come to pass (and other supposed contradictions)' camp: remember the whole multiverse concept as it relates to the time travel twist: better explained, here.

Bullish!t, or not (probably leaning more that way, IMHO), still a fascinating topic (S&F for that).

edit on 10/5/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Happening now:

"16.does the cure for cancer have any thing to do with genetics?

Again...I'm no expert. I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells with modified viruses. So I guess the answer is yes. "

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

The original John Titor post versus the stuff that's left on the internet are two completely different things. He posted on multiple boards under different handles and the dates of some of his posts are different depending on where you look.
On top of that, I've found that reading this stuff and actually believing it isn't good for you. Currently I have some type organization with no name that chases me around shouting "it's John Titor", so you might want to be a little more careful with that, as it's definitely no joke. I didn't notice these folks were chasing me around until 2005, when I first read the John Titor stuff. The term "no joke" kind of underscores the seriousness of an organization that can chase you around day and night across multiple countries (they just drive through the border..) and can control anyone at will remotely. Remember how John Titor said that it's hard to see it when he enters and exits a "worldline"? That's something that you definitely have to see in the first person, but the folks that chase me around don't bother using a car to do it. They actually just appear and disappear.. the person, not the car
You'd have to see that for yourself.

So like I said, be careful dude.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Newsflash! Where is the video of him "departing" with his time machine? That's right! Nowhere! Why? Because there is no John Titor. There is no time machine.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

In my 2012, I was 14 years old spending most of my time living, running and hiding in the woods and rivers of central Florida. The civil war was in its 7th year and the world war was three years away. Yes, there are unusual events in 2012 but they do not cause the world to end.

johntitor.com...

unless the U.S.A is in the seventh year of a civil war (that i havent seen any posts about, more government/msm censorship?
), I'm pretty sure that he may be wrong/confused on few more of his claims.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
john haber (titor) went out of his way to explicity confirm he was talking about a civil war, not a revolution.

that was one of his bigger gaffe's to me, the whole civil war thing makes no sense. If he had stuck with revolution, he would have 3 movies made about him already (which makes sense as he is an entertainment lawyer) he specifically goes out of his way to confirm the civil war will be between "organized troops engaged in combat"

again, these are not US army troops, not national guard, these are civilian troops

it was all really just a militia mans wet dream about the world falling apart

before you waste any time on this, look into the "mass of an electron" lol

it's all been covered ad naseum here, as far as I'm concerend the haber brothers are the hoaxers, and it's been debunked 678 times

edit on 5-10-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by shauny

Nothing he predicted happened. He said that we would go into mass chaos from Y2K

HE IS A HOAX

Understand?

The fact that some of his precdictions didn't come true doesn't make it a hoax.

The future is subject to change at all times, and the fact that he even came here and disclosed a future timeline certainly has the power to put the world on a different path.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
John Titor saw occupy wall street coming a mile away.

The coming war is about the economy and corrupt government.

This is just the beginning

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yah, I'm from the future too. I can make up every thing that didn't come true and call it a "time line shift". How convenient

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1
If you look up his name on Wikipedia you will see that he is a hoaxer and his predictions are false. In one sentence he says he is a soldier in the future sent back to get an IBM computer then in another he was hiding from the war! Just another nutter methinks lol

Regardless of whether John Titor is true or fake, if you quote "Wikipedia" as a source of truth, then your theory is wasted right then and there

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've read up on this guy. Do I believe it? No. Do I believe time travel is possible? Sure,but not in this case. It's been proven a hoax.Do some research.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

Yah, I'm from the future too. I can make up every thing that didn't come true and call it a "time line shift". How convenient

Perhaps there are some conveniences in his favor that would give one reason to believe that it is a hoax, but conveniences don't constitute proof of deception.

Maybe the convenience of some of the events not happening aren't due to him being a hoaxer. Maybe the events didn't happen because there actually was a timeline shift.

John was talking about a civil war between the working class and the ruling business power elite. I see that happening right now, and it appears to be a major conflict and major deal.

Maybe there are things that John Titor said that appear to not have taken place, but there are also things that he said that are taking place.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You are gullible. Plain and simple.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join