It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Colorado Secretary Of State denies Active Military the right to vote!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yet again more Anti Americanism spread by the GOP. In a shocking twist the Secretary Of State for Colorado Scott Giesler wants to deny active military servicemen and women the right to vote as according to him since they haven't voted while on tour are deemed "inactive" to deny them the right to vote.

www.kdvr.com...

So, more proof the modern GOP is Anti American and have yet again turned their backs on the troops!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its because most of them will vote for Ron Paul and they know it

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Its because most of them will vote for Ron Paul and they know it

First thing I thought of too. Either Dr. Paul or a Democrat and they can't have that now can they?
edit on 4-10-2011 by Cuervo because: gramer grammer grammar!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They lose the ballets from veterans overseas all the time also.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Autodidactic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Yet again more Anti Americanism spread by the GOP. In a shocking twist the Secretary Of State for Colorado Scott Giesler wants to deny active military servicemen and women the right to vote as according to him since they haven't voted while on tour are deemed "inactive" to deny them the right to vote.

www.kdvr.com...

So, more proof the modern GOP is Anti American and have yet again turned their backs on the troops!

The only proof this provides is that Scott Giesler is an idiot. He's not giving any room for leeway. I agree that inactive voters can be a problem for both sides of the aisle, but including active-duty soldiers is only following the letter of the law, while completely ignoring the spirit.

But painting the entire GOP with your brush is...special.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Okay I am confused...as usual.

Please explain how the GOP, which is the Republican party and Ron Paul are different?
He is a Rep. correct?
The GOP has systematically undercut the average american over and over as this post demostrates.

So how can you even dream of voting in Another Republican?

I really would like to know. This post is another demostration of Rep.'s against US. How can you say Ron Paul is going to be different when he is still with the GOP?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
typical..they want people to fight and die for their useless , miserable arses yet don't want those who risk all to have the benefits of citizenship.
May all governments, leaders and politicians rot in hell. Pity the u.s military wont go against the real enemy of the american people and the world - the u.s governmenttypical..they want people to fight and die for their useless , miserable arses yet don't want those who risk all to have the benefits of citizenship.
May all governments, leaders and politicians rot in hell. Pity the u.s military wont go against the real enemy of the american people and the world - the u.s government

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
oh great.
they wont all the active soldiers pisst off at them.
just wait till they come home.

Roma of old, knew that you paid the army first.
and kept them happy.

and so far they have come very close to Not paying them.
now they make them unhappy to !

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
I really would like to know. This post is another demostration of Rep.'s against US. How can you say Ron Paul is going to be different when he is still with the GOP?

I think she meant:

Should have been posted by MissPoovey
Who is Ron Paul?

I recommend you start with "End the Fed" By Ron Paul.

End The Fed Book

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Whoa, with the broad brush generalizations! Just because one dingbat pol says something stupid does not say the entire party is like that!

You are the reason we have such a divide in this country....

Perhaps we should define what an "inactive voter" is in Colorado. Anyone? Bueller?
edit on 5-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Okay I am confused also.

Why would the GOP not want the active duty military vote when in most cases its around 65 to 75% vote for GOP candidates.

This has been a known fact for many years.
www.politico.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

This law, the Fla law restricting minorities from voting, Michigan Gov getting the authourity to expel anyone they deem fit for office, workers rights to unionize being stripped in Winsconsin and the common factor is the GOP!

Still think they represent you or America?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

During the 2010 elections the entire Colorado military contingent in theatre was disqualified from contention making their votes not count. He won't even send out the 2011 local ballots which should been in the mail this week.

From the news page :
Accused of waging a "war on voting," Republican Secretary of State Scott Gessler is sticking to his guns on his position that Colorado clerks are not allowed to send mail ballots to any and all registered voters on the 'inactive voter' list, including members of the military who are overseas.

After filing a lawsuit against Denver over Clerk and Recorder Debra Johnson's plan to mail ballots to 'inactive' voters, Gessler is forcing Pueblo County not to mail ballots to 64 inactive voters who are overseas in combat, which may be a violation of federal law.
------
This pretty well says that he's ordered about 100 ballots to not be sent which effectively denies the Co guardspeople from being allowed to cast their votes. More cases of voter suppression.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

reply to post by mishigas
This law,

Gessler did not create this law. He is merely strictly interpreting it to limit voter fraud. His decision can be overruled.

the Fla law restricting minorities from voting,

Not sure which law you mean here.....

Michigan Gov getting the authourity to expel anyone they deem fit for office,

Unfamiliar with this law...

workers rights to unionize being stripped in Winsconsin and the common factor is the GOP!

Public workers, not all workers. And there are good reasons for doing so. Btw, that's the law where the Dem lawmakers ran out of state so they cold avoid voting on it, right??

Still think they represent you or America?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
this is such rot usa should become one nation one Government as in all democratic countries

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The dems left the state to keep the reps from pushing it through since they didn't have a filibuster rule to keep him from doing anything like the senate reps use on Obama. There are no reasons to screw public workers it's just that they want their unions busted because they are the primary opposition to Republican rule. Did you hear the phone call between the governor and a radio station guy pretending to be one of the Koch brothers? Huh? Listen to that and tell me he represents the interests of middle american people. POS he is.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Back when I was active duty in the U.S. Air Force and a registered voter in the state of Massachusetts, I had to request a mail ballot for every election. If I didn't go down to the squadron voting assistance officer to do this, I wouldn't receive a mail ballot for that election. Would that have meant the state of Massachusetts was refusing me the right to vote? No. The right to vote in the United States takes some effort on the part of the voter to request a mail ballot if the voter cannot be present at their polling place on the day of public voting.

On another note, does anyone remember the Democratic initiatives to not count completed mailed in ballots from military personnel?

Once More, Democrats Try to Kill Off the Military Vote
Judge to hear military-ballot case today
Democrats systematically targeted military ballots

So, are the Democrats so adamantly defending sending out the ballots to inactive voters knowing they can just easily disqualify them if they are completed and mailed in?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is nothing new;

Greg Palast and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on voting fraud, New Orleans and a lot more.

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

part 6

part 7

and part 8

Greg Palast is the reporter who uncovered the first Florida vote fraud in 2000.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Greg Palast
edit on 5-10-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Whermacht must not be distracted by such petty things as voting!
They have to keep their heads on straight 24/7 while in theatre.
Such luxuries are for the citizens who sit safe at home!
Not all of them mind you, just the ones who will vote for us!These are the only non terrorists left in Amerika!
The rest go to the camps

top topics

join