It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glider & UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is strange. I went out around 1PM to do some routine sky watching ....

While I was out there I decided to practice taking video on my new equipment as it is very difficult to get a steady moving shot in full zoom as even the slightest motion will shake the crap out of the video. I am just south of the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and every day there are gliders flying in the air. So I shot some footage today of gliders, sky divers, and a plane.

Anyway while I was looking at the videos, in this one particular video I noticed a small round object flashing light. Almost looks like a rotating mirror.

It comes into the frame at around 26 seconds and you can then see it for the rest of the video.

You can't see the object unless you watch in 1080p in full screen. Watch the lower center-right of the video.

www.youtube.com...

I have taken some zoomed screen shots and it looks like a silver reflective ball reflecting light.

I have been doing a lot of observing of the sky these days and know every object in the area. From balloons of all types, plastic bags, gliders, planes, sky divers, jet lines, private jets, birds, you name it ...

I haven't been able to properly identify this one ...

Screen Shots from Video:

www.freedom-artist.com...

Any ideas?

So far best guesses are mylar balloon however, if you watch the video frame by frame, it appears to come in and out of a cloud. Which would make the object pretty large.

Footage was recorded w/ a Canon 5D 21 MegaPixel camera using a 100-400mm zoom lens w/ a 2X extender.
edit on 4-10-2011 by freedommusic because: adding link to screen shots

edit on 4-10-2011 by freedommusic because: adding some images

edit on 4-10-2011 by freedommusic because: removing bad img tag

edit on 4-10-2011 by freedommusic because: remove embedded video as you just can't see object unless viewed in full screen.

edit on 4-10-2011 by freedommusic because: actually object appears lower center right

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I viewed four times and paused it. I don't see anything at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

You have to watch in 1080p mode and view in full screen.

You wont see it in the small video frame posted here.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think you might be seeing things.
Have you eaten lately?
edit on 10/4/2011 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That was the mode I viewed the video, nothing. Can you somehow get a still of it?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I see it perfectly. It seems to be flashing but that could be reflection on a mylar balloon, though I hope it isn't

Thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Starting at 26 seconds at the bottom right of the frame you will see a rotating flashing/reflecting object.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Whats interesting is that if you walk through the video frame by frame starting at 26 seconds at times it seems to disappear.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freedommusic

I seen it in the stills, thanks. I have no idea, it could be a balloon or maybe not.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedommusic
reply to post by Kali74

Whats interesting is that if you walk through the video frame by frame starting at 26 seconds at times it seems to disappear.

It probably doesn't unless you're running it through a video editor program. You can't do a true frame by frame on youtube, just clicking on the seconds marker leaves a lot of information out. I learned this the hard way with a different video that I would have bet a million dollars was not a bug

It's still interesting and I don't think it's a balloon, I think it is something that is just easier for most to declare a balloon

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I posted the original video here:

When viewing in quicktime (180M), you can walk through the video frame by frame using the right arrow key.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freedommusic

I cant get it to open but I'll take your wrod for it

new topics

top topics

join