It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarot or I Ching Readings to Those Interested

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Heh, it could've been that you never know

I'm curious to find out how you got into this kind of stuff, if you don't mind me asking lol

edit on 9-10-2011 by Babblingretard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by veronicveil77
who decided what each card meant originally

From what I understand, the true nature of where Tarot came from is not known. I've read that the meanings came from Egyptian mysticism, particularly from a book of magic spells called the Book of Thoth. I've also heard the meanings are intertwined with Jewish mysticism, called Kabbalah. I am also under the impression that it was spread by the Gypsies, but where they got the knowledge from I have no idea.

All in all, someone had to have made the meanings up at one point. Originally the Tarot deck wasn't used for divination, but were merely used for in a game of cards. Some cultures still use Tarot for card-playing purposes, but I'm not sure of any games however fun that would be to learn.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i'd be interested in a reading. same question stands about when where i will find a drummer

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Babblingretard
reply to post by Xaberz

Heh, it could've been that you never know

I'm curious to find out how you got into this kind of stuff, if you don't mind me asking lol

edit on 9-10-2011 by Babblingretard because: (no reason given)

No, I don't mind. I actually dated someone who was pagan. It was an interesting experience, but we obviously weren't meant for each other, and it ended terribly. Actually the day of our breakup, he wanted to get back at me by giving me a tarot reading that was going to tell me what terrible fate was going to befall on me. Unfortunately for him, my fate wasn't as dire as he predicted, but it still scared me to the bones, most likely because he was so angry and terrifying when giving me that reading.

After that, I was terrified of Tarot. I didn't really want to go near it. I must have known it wasn't that bad because I started thinking I wanted to learn about it. I wanted to see for myself what it was. I suppose I knew that it frightened me because I didn't know anything about it. All I knew was that it was strangely accurate and it could be used to help or hurt people depending on how it was used. So I bought a deck and a book, and learned about it. I would learn a few cards a day, and I would draw a card for myself each day. I would use that as guidance, and it became rather fun.

After my relationship with the pagan, I dated someone who was going to school to become a psychic. I learned a lot from him, and yeah, I learned how to listen to my own intuition. You wouldn't believe how terribly bad I was at first. I would draw a card and spend forever going through all the meanings. Then I would logically pick and choose what meaning I thought it was. It was all trial and error. A lot of the meanings are dire and scary, and those would scare me in the reading. One card could mean hope and confidence, but could also mean a plan that was doomed to fail. I had no idea which meaning applied because I didn't know how to listen to my intuition. I only knew how to listen to my brain and to use mathematical logic. However, Tarot isn't logical at all and of course it wouldn't work that way.

After many months, I finally figured it out. The meanings of the card come from within, and it becomes rather easy actually, which is crazy far from where I came from. When I first started reading Tarot I had so much doubt in my mind. I would freak out that I shuffled the cards wrong or that I was flipping them the wrong way. I would be unsure if the card was meant to be regular or reversed, and panic that I messed up. Haha, looking back I was a wreck, which is hilarious because now it's second nature.

It really took being comfortable with my own thoughts. It was all about not doubting my intuition and just going with it. Once I started doing that, the readings have been going a lot smoother. Sometimes I will still get stuck, but that might be one in every ten cards. When I first started I would get stuck on 75% of the cards I drew. And any of the Major Arcana or Face cards, there was no way I could interpret those. I still am having trouble differentiating the King and Queen cards. If anyone has any tips, I'd be happy to hear. Right now I see the King as the epitome of that sign, and the Queen as the happy helper of that sign. That might be right, or it might be wrong, I'm not sure, but that's where I'm at right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryk42
reply to post by Xaberz

Hi Xaberz, can you do a general reading for me and also tell me if I will ever find my other half. Thanks very much in advance for doing this for me and the rest of the members.
Jerry

Hi, Jerry.

So I asked your question, whether you'll find your other half, and I got the Nine of Swords, and it seems like you're not ready yet to be with your other half. Perhaps you're not emotionally strong enough for that person yet. It seems like there is a lot of pain in your past that is affecting your present that is preventing you from being with your soul mate.

The next is the Three of Wands. I get the feeling that now is a time of stabilizing your life and becoming more confident in yourself. If your "soul mate" fell in your lap now, it might not last. So it's important for you to work on what needs to be worked on before you can be with that person.

The last card is the High Priestess. Once you become more in-tuned with your true self, is when you'll find or be with the one. I would suggest for you to read this book: Getting the Love You Want by Harville Hendrix Ph.D. It is written for couples, but it applies for those that are single also. While single, you can see signs of where your previous relationships have failed, and what caused those things to happen. You will see things that you do that prevent a relationship from being healthy, and you'll learn how to work on those issues. You'll also learn how to communicate properly with your loved one so that you both have a greater understanding of each other, that way there won't be any misunderstandings or miscommunications. Also, by communicating properly you will not offend or hurt your loved one. And communicating also entails learning how to be a good listener. I really recommend reading this book. You'll learn so much!

Best of luck to you!
-Xavier

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I have One Question for you: Will my own personal life -- in 2012 -- be much different, than these previous years, which have been fairly the same, since Jan. 2003?
(libra with libra rising, if that helps)

Hi, Saucerwench.

I have a good feeling that 2012 might be different for you. I drew the Star card, and it seems like you'll be journeying a little farther within yourself than you're used to. I get the impression that you're going to be learning a great deal more of what your hopes and aspirations are. And you'll also have the confidence to act on those dreams.

Next I drew The High Priestess. Perhaps your hopes and aspirations will put you more at center stage. Instead of looking at the world from the sidelines, you'll be there at the foot of it all. I suppose this gives you two options. You can continue to sit back and watch the world unfurl, but I feel like you have the knowledge to know how to change things. There is something inside you calling you to do something and act. At first you might question yourself, whether or not you are doing the right thing. But keep following your heart, and it will not fail you. Another thing to keep in mind, is that life might be more difficult if you go this route, but ultimately it will be more rewarding.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
HI, Xaberz!

OK, can you tell me something about my future and my relationships?

ICHING or TAROT , both are OK.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
hi x .... i think you have missed me on page 4 .... i requested a tarot reading thankyou ....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Blessings be on you. For claiming to me a novice, I am quite impressed with your divining intuitiveness.

I would like, a reading. I have recently started a small business. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Your choice, of course.

Thank You....Des,

Hi, Des! I've finally gotten to your reading! I hope you are as excited as I am.

I've decided on an I Ching reading to ask about your business. Your oracle is Hexagram 18: Work on What Has Been Spoiled [Decay].

This suggests to me that all is not right for your business as it should be, or that there is something that you want or need to fix.

The fact that your business is spoiled is not immutable, and it can be fixed. I'm not sure what went wrong, perhaps there was something wrong with construction, or maybe a deal fell through, and you had to improvise on the spot, creating a situation less that luster. Regardless, it has turned into a bad apple and it's going to ruin the bunch. Work on improving the conditions of your business, and the I Ching says good fortune will come from it. Inertia should be replaced with decisiveness and energy. It also mentions that this fixing of that which is spoiled will require careful planning. It is important to pinpoint where exactly is the problem. After it has been pinpointed, you'll have to carefully assess the best means of solving this problem. After that, you have to be careful about making sure the plan is being followed through. This is supposed to be about something rather big, so it'll take several days to complete.

Because of the decay, the I Ching also suggests "The superior man stirs up the people / And strengthens their spirit." If outside people are needed to help fix this situation, it is important to rouse them, and get them excited for this change. If this is something you must do on your own, you'll have to rouse yourself.

The second line changes. Here it suggests that the decay is a result of weakness. Perhaps someone was slacking off somewhere in the planning or working out stages of developing the business. To set things right, the I Ching advises gentle consideration, in order not to wound the situation. You mustn't proceed too drastically.

The third line changes. The last might say not to proceed drastically, but this says if you proceed too little it will not work either. Perhaps this suggests a fine balance in how to proceed. There might be a little remorse while carrying out this change, but you are free of any serious blame.

The fourth line changes. This warns of what will happen if you're too weak to take up measures against this decay. If this is to run its course, you will be rightly humiliated.

The lines change, and now we have Hexagram 35: Progress. This represents what will come after fixing the situation. Here we have a leader of sound vision. Those he interacts with are willing to follow him. I feel as though this leader will represent you. That the vision that comes with your business will be clear, and any partners or those there to help your business will like your vision, which will make your business grow.

Progress is represented by the Sun rising over the Earth. In this way, a light will shine on dark places, so things will go smoothly as there is no danger. As long as you are pure of heart, the light will shine positively, so it looks like you have nothing to worry about here.

I suppose all your trouble lies upfront. Once that is taken care of, you'll see much progress indeed.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykay
hi x .... i think you have missed me on page 4 .... i requested a tarot reading thankyou ....

Actually, I did do your reading. It's on the middle of page 16.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your time! Should my fifth year pan out, I won't forget you...thanks again.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i am sincerely sorry xavier .... my brain is way off this weekend .... please accept my apology x

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

still need a reading

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladykay
i am sincerely sorry xavier .... my brain is way off this weekend .... please accept my apology x

No problem!
There are a lot of posts to sort through, so yeah!

Just so everyone knows, I'm on Page 5 right now, so thank you for waiting so patiently for your reading. I also will not do readings past page 11 so as to catch up. So please no more requests. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Hey Xavier. Thanks for the update on your progress! Thought I might make the suggestion that you post what page you are on in the beginning of every reading. Then everyone might leave you alone until you get to them. lol.

Anyway, thanks for what you are doing, we really appreciate this and I can't wait to hear my reading. I'm not impatient though, my request is on page 11 so I know I have a long time to wait.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Thank You Sincerely Xavier! What an intuitive reading. This has been a one Woman operation from the beginning. Not something I talked with anyone about, just did it. It is in the health/healing field, I followed a dream from ages ago. Something inside of me is urging me on in this direction.

Now that the word is getting out, there are people, who know how hard I work at something I put my mind to, well...wanting to jump on board. As in, they see a possible financial gain for themselves. I'm not sure if the "decay" aspect, is my being a little more than perturbed at some of them. It's like the children's story of the Little Red Hen, who baked the bread, if you know that one lol.

Due to my being a bit angered, and finding myself putting distance between myself and those friends, I've started slacking off on my initial energy that was driving me. I am fighting feeling somehow responsible for their feelings. I know, it's not my problem, being an empath doesn't help.

You gave me much to think about, and I Thank You once again. This very well could have been the kick in the butt, I need to get me back on track.

Love and Light,

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Every time someone starts a thread here stating that they would be willing to do readings for people, by the time I post a request they say they're done with requests, so no problem if that's the case here.

I would like to know about my job situation. I'm desperate to get out of my current miserable situation and having no luck.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
your choosing on how I should be read.

My question is will my relationship improve. Will I ever have kids. Will my goal of finances be achieved.
edit on 10/9/2011 by dragonspit because: edit

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Xaberz

Thank You Sincerely Xavier! What an intuitive reading. This has been a one Woman operation from the beginning. Not something I talked with anyone about, just did it. It is in the health/healing field, I followed a dream from ages ago. Something inside of me is urging me on in this direction.

Now that the word is getting out, there are people, who know how hard I work at something I put my mind to, well...wanting to jump on board. As in, they see a possible financial gain for themselves. I'm not sure if the "decay" aspect, is my being a little more than perturbed at some of them. It's like the children's story of the Little Red Hen, who baked the bread, if you know that one lol.

Due to my being a bit angered, and finding myself putting distance between myself and those friends, I've started slacking off on my initial energy that was driving me. I am fighting feeling somehow responsible for their feelings. I know, it's not my problem, being an empath doesn't help.

You gave me much to think about, and I Thank You once again. This very well could have been the kick in the butt, I need to get me back on track.

Love and Light,

Des

Oh that makes sense. The I Ching mentioned that the decay was caused by weakness, perhaps that refers to your empathic abilities causing you to suffer. So when it says you need to take gentle consideration, I think that refers that you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. You're not to blame because of this, so you don't have to feel remorse. But it is something for you to work on, and of course it won't happen over night. Then that makes sense to not work too little. If you don't work enough on this problem with feeling badly from other people's emotions, then nothing will get done. So more energy in fixing the situation is better than less, but still with gentle consideration also. And if you're too weak, meaning you don't do anything at all. You'll feel humiliated. Probably because you'll feel it was all your fault your friends feel that way, when that's not true at all.

I suppose "The superior man stirs up the people / And strengthens their spirit." might be applicable here. After all, because you got them excited, you stirred them up and they wanted to jump on board. I suppose that's not what you wanted though, but it's interesting the I Ching mentions this. This causes the decay in weakness, which causes you to have to work on it because if you don't, you'll be humiliated. So if you fixed the decay, I would imagine you're in the second Hexagram: Progress. Which is all hunky dory pretty much.

My boyfriend is an empath too. It's really hard for him, and I could see why. There's a book you might like about a little girl who is an empath. It's called the Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender. I've been meaning to get my boyfriend to read this book, but maybe you might be more interested. It's about a girl who can feel people's emotions when she eats the food they make. It's really incredible, and beautifully descriptive in my opinion. It won't necessarily help you on your problems, but it definitely narrows down the feelings of empathic behavior and its affects. At the end of the book she learns how to deal with her ability, and she uses it for her benefit, much like how you are using it with your business. I bet you can really relate to her.

Anyway, best of luck to you!
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm starting to realize that the first Hexagram means what has happened, and the second hexagram is what will happen. It's very confusing to figure out what has or is or going to happen when reading the oracle. Especially when I have no information of the person. But yeah, this was a very rewarding experience. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO
Every time someone starts a thread here stating that they would be willing to do readings for people, by the time I post a request they say they're done with requests, so no problem if that's the case here.

I would like to know about my job situation. I'm desperate to get out of my current miserable situation and having no luck.

Thank you.

Yeah, sorry AntiNWO. Page 11 was my end of requests. I'm only on page 5 right now. Once I catch up to Page 11 I'll take more requests though
So just stay posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join