It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOE experts what is your answer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

You believe that sexual reproduction is a better mode for transfering genes.

No, I do not believe that and I never said I did. I don’t even know what you mean by ‘transferring genes’. Transferring them from what to what, or from where to where?

The only reason you evolve is due to some sort of necessity to survive.

Your understanding of evolution is back to front. Differential survival due to natural selection is the cause, evolution is the effect.

Until science can provide me the scenario that caused a single cell organism to become multicellular I refuse to believe it can happen.

It has already been provided. Google it.

The thought of putting all my belief in random mutation leading us to where we are now is much more difficult to believe than creation or intelligent design.

Fine. Just don’t expect others to be equally limited in their imagination – or their understanding.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
The thought of putting all my belief in random mutation leading us to where we are now is much more difficult to believe than creation or intelligent design.

Ahhh the Argument From Ignorance. More specifically, the Argument From Personal Incredulity.

These are fallacies, sacgamer25. And you're defending your case by championing your own ignorance, or inability to understand. Not only do you discredit yourself but also that which you defend.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Another one of these? Why can you just acknowledge that the science could be right, yet doesn't have to contradict your religion? It baffles me to no end how stubborn people are in their beliefs. There was no actual desire for knowledge when asking questions, they were attempted traps. And even though thoroughly answered, the answers were ignored.

"Science says X, I believe Z". That's pretty much the sum of every point the OP made. If evolution is false, then god purposely set up the earth to appear like everything evolved, down to the DNA coding. Why would he intentionally try to deceive his followers, rather than simply tell them?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

How can you not see God all around you? If you can’t answer these questions don’t you at least have to believe in intelligent design? The why of not one of these can be explained by TOE. Only convoluted well meaning how’s. Since bacteria have only been proven to be adaptive and never proven to become more than adaptive why do you assume they would?
edit on 4-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Because he's either not there, or really good at hiding.

The questions, I have all your answers in one source: google.com, takes no time to understand the basics behind these. You obviously don't want to learn privately though, you're just trying to make yourself sound right publicly.

If I didn't have answers to the questions, I would say I don't have answers to those questions. I wouldn't make a false dichotomy out of it and insist that if an answer isn't yet known, it's because of a god written about in a book. I'd be open to all possible solutions. Next time you don't know something(And if you're still too lazy to google), try crediting the answer to the flying spaghetti monster, and be content with that answer, give no further pursuit towards it. You won't, it's dumb. Just because the FSM would be an explanation, doesn't mean it's right. Same with your god explanation.

All those can be explained by "TOE", as others have already been pointed out.

Oh, and we've seen bacteria evolve from single cellular to multicelluar with our very own eyes in labs. In case you didn't know. There's no dispute that complexity can grow when it's needed to adapt.

How can you not see Alien Intervention all around you? If you can’t answer these questions don’t you at least have to believe in alien design? The why of not one of these can be explained by TOE. Only convoluted well meaning how’s. Since bacteria have only been proven to be adaptive and never proven to become more than adaptive why do you assume they would?

How can you not see Nature all around you? If you can’t answer these questions shouldn't you at least Not Make Wild assumptions? The why of not one of these can be explained by My Misunderstanding of The Scientific Theory of Evolution. Only convoluted well meaning how’s. Since bacteria have only been proven to be adaptive and never proven to become more than adaptive why do you assume they would?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know this topics a little old, and you obviously ditched it when people on the opposing side actually made sense. However, there's one tidbit I wanted to share regarding this claim:

Why live birth or an egg (not the chicken and the egg) just the fragile not very safe from predators egg. When did these become necessary for an organism to survive? What was wrong with self replication?

Tidbit

And if you cared to learn, you could study the origin of sexual reproduction, and the causes from eggs and live birth on your own time to. But It crossed my mind that may interest you.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

you survived quite happily as a single cell for the entirety of your mothers life up to the point of reciving a dose of DNA from your fathers sperm, then guess what happened, over the course of just 40 weeks, you went from perfectly surviving single cell, to billions of cells, each group of which performing a specific function to enable all the other billions of cells to stay alive.

Cool trick eh! one into billions and it hapens to billions of muticellular organasms every day

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join