It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian and US Scientists Gather to Hunt Down Yeti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Russian and US Scientists Gather to Hunt Down Yeti

Oct. 21, 2008: A footprint was found in the snow on the Mount Dhaulagiri in northern Nepal by a group of Japanese mountaineers during a 2008 expedition. They claimed it was of the legendary Yeti -- and said it could prove the long-rumored existence of a giant ape living in the Himalayan peaks.

Scientists from several countries, including Russia and the U.S., will gather in the Kemerova region of Siberia to hunt down the Yeti, after alleged sightings of the legendary creatures increased threefold in the area over the past 20 years.

Here is a comparison between the footprint found and a human footprint
Still image from a video taken by two hikers in Nepal, 1996.

Alleged sightings of Yetis in Kemerovo and the neighboring Altai region, about 1,988 miles (3,200 kilometers) east of Moscow, are up three times compared to 20 years ago, with scientists estimating that there is a current population of at least several dozen in the area.

Other evidence of the existence of the creatures -- such as basic twig huts, twisted branches and footprints of up to 35 centimeters (14 inches) -- also has been found in the area.

Would be pretty sweet if they found one,
russian-and-us-scientists

A pilot from New Zealand is in Nepal to return a replica of what some believe is the hand of a yeti to a remote monastery in the Everest region.yeti-skull-hand-replicas

More news links
gather-to-hunt-d own-yeti
yeti-footprints-in-nepal

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
First off, S & F

Second, I've read several places that claim many of the supposed "Yeti" scalps are actually from Yaks. I can't speak for the veracity of the posted image though.

I'm all for finding real proof but I'm a little put off by the term "Hunt down Yeti" sounds like they're going out there armed to the teeth like a lynch mob

I'm sure some high quality images/videos with hair and or feces samples for DNA testing would do just fine but I'm also sure many wont be happy or convinced until one is either captured or killed in order to finally believe they're real

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sadly i think your probably on the mark, and they will end up killing a few for a museum somewhere or in the name of science

But it could be a good chance as you said to gain some lees destructive proof of this fabled creature,

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Even Nikolai Valuev, the former 2-time WBA heavyweight Champion Boxer, is trying to track one down!

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hopefully, its because he's (finally!) looking for someone taller then him, to have a no holds barred, Bare-Knuckle, slugfest with Yeti.

I'd pay good money to see that fight.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's to hoping that the research last for several weeks... Seeing so many shows on tv where the group only investigates the area for a night or two. Never thought that was anywhere close to long enough for afull scientific analysis.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'll mention here the only data I have seen about these beings other than the many sighting reports that go back hundreds of years.

It is from the Cassiopaea Project.

That source claims that these beings once lived on Mars, but do not now live on earth. They are used as servants by a more powerful external group. They are dropped off on earth for short periods of time to do various tasks.

If this is basically true, then it would be only by the greatest luck that researchers would be able to capture a living or dead specimen or get good video footage of this creature.

So, we will see if anything comes of this latest effort.

top topics

join