It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Meterorite brings calls to 911 center in Cumberland Md!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this Eek.
I live about an hour drive SE of Cumberland, MD and woke up around 4:00am yesterday morning. I wasn't ready to get up, so I laid in bed with my eyes closed. I saw the flash, through closed blinds and eyelids! I sat up in bed and the whole room was lit up a pale yellow-orange color. I thought it was lightning from far away. Then about 60-90 seconds later I heard distant rumbling.
Not being able to sleep, I got on the compy to look at the weather radar for lightning strikes, but there were no storms for hundreds of miles.
When my son got up for school, I told him I thought I had seen the flash from a fireball/bolide/meteor. Of course, his reaction was, "Yeah, right Mom", lol.
I had checked the AMS website yesterday morning also, but found no reports. I am so happy you posted this. I just knew I has seen something.

A star for you!
edit on 10/5/2011 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Why thank you so much...and good morning to ya..I saw a red looking star that flashed last night and something i have never seen before is, Well it was like the whole galaxy of stars were above me last night..On a clear night i see wonderful stars but last night so so many stars that i knew something was very different,,The sky was so beautiful last night..Tat red star just blinked one time and stayed red. All is well here this morning it seems so maybe it was just a really pretty red star.... Airplane travel seem to be picking up around here as well..

The airplanes stopped running for the most part around here in the past week or so, Now I do believe this had something to do with the solar flares but travel is picking back up now.. Glad i was able to be of some help to you..Have a great day and thanks for the star..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by Olivine

Why thank you so much...and good morning to ya..I saw a red looking star that flashed last night and something i have never seen before is, Well it was like the whole galaxy of stars were above me last night..On a clear night i see wonderful stars but last night so so many stars that i knew something was very different,,The sky was so beautiful last night..Tat red star just blinked one time and stayed red. All is well here this morning it seems so maybe it was just a really pretty red star.... Airplane travel seem to be picking up around here as well..

The airplanes stopped running for the most part around here in the past week or so, Now I do believe this had something to do with the solar flares but travel is picking back up now.. Glad i was able to be of some help to you..Have a great day and thanks for the star..

just an update..nothing really to share..all is calm as far as i know..peace be with you

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Here is a possible picture of what some might of seen..Meaning the flash of light from a meteorite...Check out the video.....www.ksl.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

Does any one know what time the meterors will start in the easter us???

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The height of the shower was daylight between 5 and 6pm For us. Look North to NW above the big dipper and little dipper at Draco

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Id love to have seen that..I saw a show not to long ago about Meteorite's and how they fell on one town and people gathered them up and made lots of money selling them ..Thanks for the report..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I didn't see a thing...Sad...Ive seen them in the past though...I heard the number went to `1,000 to 660 for the shower.....DId anyone see the shower??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join