It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China vote against UN resolution on Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Russia Today news network reports that both Russia and China have voted against a UN resolution on Syria the report says.

"Russia and China vote against UN resolution condemning Syria crackdown on anti government protesters. Moscow opposes sanctions against Damscus , fearing a repeat of Lybia style military intervention. Russian and China warm against external military action in Syria and call for internal reforms and want violence to stop"

I just thought I would bring this to all our attention and seems to be harsh language being used by the Chinese and Russian governments. I don't actually think the west will intervene in a military way, Syria has nothing of value to steal and no oil contracts to be won, but if there was to be intervention it would certainly bring global war closer.

Many thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpecialAgent25

Link?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin
[more

Hi, my apologies I can't get the link to this to work, but the quote I have given is coming off the ticker at the bottom of the Russia Today news network and broke around 10 mins ago, I am trying to bring the link up for everyone, please be patient with me.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yea and today Syria Threatened the United States by saying any intervention will be met with immediate missile reprisal on Israel and all western bases in the area. Also Assad said Iran will then attack U.S. war ships in the gulf within 6 hours.

The U.S. better not get involved because it'll be Impossible to avoid world war 3 at that point.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So the Russian and Chinese governments protect terrible human rights abuses in Syria.
The US government protects terrible human rights abuses in Israel.

The problem: ALL these governments.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I have never mastered the insert link. Kindly cut and past the below. There are more news sources out there with good reputations, so to speak, but I thought that the BBC surfficed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yes I agree, the Governments are the problem, so it will be interesting to see how the west will respond to the decisions of the Russian and Chinese authorities to veto the resolution. I just hope that cool heads will prevail and fools and the leaders in Washington, London and Paris don't all start chest puffing. As I said I don't think that there is any appetite for a military strike in Syria, there is nothing the west can steal or they would have been bombing Damscus a long time ago.

Libya is of course a different kettle of fish, they have vast oil reserves and will obviously require British, American and French oil companies to "help" the people of Libya. However we can never predict where our leaders will take us from one minute to the next, but clearly any military action would simply put the world in a very tough spot.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hahaha I have to laugh at the US officials and their predictable hot headed reaction. They are "outraged by the outcome of the UN vote and call the Syrian regime despotic" ahahahaaha, pot calling kettle black maybe? Oh and yes the US is a great beacon of freedom and democracy jailing hundreds of peaceful demonstrators not to mention its support for apartheid going on in Palestine. I mean I could go on and on and on with the despotic acts of the US carried out non stop in a perpetual state of war for over 60 years.

I just wish the US administration would shut up, people are not afraid of you anymore, you are a super power in terminal decline and they know it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All Governments are corrupt, yet as a tax payer I unwittingly have blood on my hands.

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thank you China and Russia for vetoing this. I dont want anymore British involvement in any interventions.: Link to the veto by RT Below:

Hope that helps

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is more about what will Turkey do not the US, UK etc. Turkey today said they would just circumnvent the veto and they are preparing thier own sanctions and other actions they deem necessary.

join