It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How NOT To Act At A Protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I'm still left undecided on my Occupy Wall Street stance. On the one hand, I have some very real complaints against the government and banks, on the other I don't want to support a cause that could easily be turned into something I don't fully agree with. Remember the Tea Party? Used to like it. Regardless, please take this video as an instruction for how NOT to act in front of cameras. Yelling at old Jewish men and being anti semetic may be your go to reaction, but for us normies out there it makes you look bad. Of course it's not fair to pint all the other demonstrators as crazy based on one guy, but a lot of people will. Take it for what its worth protesters.

Link

Going to check out his YouTube channel now

edit on 4-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Oh WOW don't look at his YouTube channel if foul language offends you.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Your correct in saying he doesn't win any points by being rude to an old man..

BUT... you have to admit that old jewish guy said some really stupid things..like"go get a job".. when the kid had been to college ,and was working , but a low paying job.

Its most likely difficult for some of these kids who really want to make a difference, to try and leave their emotions out of it, so it has to be tough when they get asked as to why they are there, and accused of being lazy, and to go get a job.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Maybe they should forget words,
and get some flaming pitchforks.
Just an idea

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if he has a job.. Why isn't he at it instead of insulting some old Jewish man on a sidewalk? If he represents the typical protester, they should haul them all of to jail for being a public nuisance.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Redwing48 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

If the majority of the people in the U.S were like that "hardworking" old man, there wouldn't be any problems.
It's just very difficult for some reason.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shurima

If the majority of the people in the U.S were like that "hardworking" old man, there wouldn't be any problems.
It's just very difficult for some reason.

My guess is the majority of Americans have may well worked harder than this man ever has..

we have no idea what he does or did for a living..

What a very very prejudiced and ignorant statement..

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwing48
I'm sorry, but if he has a job.. Why isn't he at it instead of insulting some old Jewish man on a sidewalk? If he represents the typical protester, they should haul them all of to jail for being a public nuisance.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Redwing48 because: spelling

How do you know that he is not on his off time or has the day off? Do you spend all your free time at your job? I doubt it.

I will also say if his job is anything like mine, I wouldnt blame him for simply not showing up. In the last 10 weeks I have had 8 out of 10 of my paychecks bounce. My paychecks bounced for 6 weeks straight before I called my corporate office and used the magic words, "check fraud". Of course the quickly had my employer pay me in cash after I signed my checks over. The only advice they gave me was to cash them "right away" and do not wait. I get paid on Monday night after the banks are closed. I cash my checks on Tuesday morning. So after 6 weeks of paychecks that appeared more like Super Balls, my next 2 paychecks cashed with no issue. Until these last 2 weeks, now they are back to bouncing again.

Quiet frankly if I was 100% positive that I could draw unemployment if I walked out right this second, I would be gone faster than you can blink.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
'I love me'

is not this the problem in the first place?
edit on 4-10-2011 by takethat because: crap spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I hope this kid doesn't represent the average protester.

Arrogant. Obnoxious. Clueless. And possibly stoned.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Why the hell would you wait 6 weeks to call the corporate office if your checks bounced? I'd be calling the same day.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Maybe he has a job, maybe he doesn't. What ever his work status is, it doesn't excuse his arrogance, bigotry, or disrespect to a senior citizen. If they ever had my support, they've lost it now.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I would caution you not to judge the whole group based on this idiot's actions. He is not the representative. My posting this was intended only to show how easily one jackass can undermine others movements. I'm sure there are also many articulate, kind and respectful people in attendance as well. There are also probably a lot of idiots.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Why the hell would you wait 6 weeks to call the corporate office if your checks bounced? I'd be calling the same day.

Because in my job I make a fair amount of cash. The checks are really nothing more than a bonus. It is not uncommon for me to not cash any paycheck for as much as 8 weeks at a time, then one day stop at the bank and cash them all in one big sweep.

Besides in the industry in which I work, you tend not to cause any trouble if you can avoid it. There is no shortage of people who are more than willing to take my job. So in my case at times it can pay to simply exhibit some patience.

Originally posted by Redwing48

Maybe he has a job, maybe he doesn't. What ever his work status is, it doesn't excuse his arrogance, bigotry, or disrespect to a senior citizen. If they ever had my support, they've lost it now.

Well he clearly says he does have a job and is part of a Union. My reply was to your direct question about why if he has a job is he not AT his job.

Is the guy arrogant? Perhaps. Is he a bigot? I am not so sure that calling a Jewish man a "Jew" can be considered Bigotry. Is he disrespectful? I'd would say yes. However he is entitled to any opinion he so chooses. Plus the video does not show how this altercation began. For all we know, the Old Man walked up and disrespected the younger man. We simply do not know, and since we do not know, I will reserve judgment on either party.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Because in my job I make a fair amount of cash. The checks are really nothing more than a bonus.

K I certainly understand that.

edit because that sounded sarcastic, I actually DO understand where you're coming from. Just not used to that here.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It wasn't the fact that he called him a Jew that bothered me, it was his contrived Jewish accent that I found offensive. It wasn't necessary to make his point, and was clearly meant to be demeaning.

Maybe the old guy did start it, I wasn't there. If he did, I'd have been the bigger person and still responded civilly.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately, Protesting isn't a job, there is no screening process for protestors, and personally I think he is a shill for the PTB to make the protestors look bad, according to his youtube account he was easy to find and they probably offered him a nice sum of cash to go there and spew all the crap they see him spew on Youtube. I wouldn't doubt it, I mean after all he has broken every T&C of youtube yet his account isn't banned? Odd that.

edit on 4-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: SPELLING:MAD: UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I wish I was there that little turd would of got jacked in the jaw...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Unfortunately, Protesting isn't a job, there is no screening process for protestors, and personally I think he is a shill for the PTB to make the protestors look bad

Jeez. Does everyone have to be a shill for 'TPTB' or a disinfo agent? You really don't think that there is a chance a nutter would be attracted to the protests and video cameras? I am SO tired of members on this site calling anyone that either disagrees with their agenda, or makes it look bad a shill or disinfo agent. Grow up, not everyone agrees with you. Just because they don't doesn't mean they are being paid.

according to his youtube account he was easy to find

I know it's hard but watch the video until the end and witness him giving away his YouTube info.

I wouldn't doubt it, I mean after all he has broken every T&C of youtube yet his account isn't banned? Odd that.

What T&C violation are you referring to? His language? His racism? I didn't see anything on his account that would make me think it should be removed. Kindly elaborate, you very well may be correct.

Edit for the same reason; I HAET SPALLING!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You're a better man ( or woman ) than I. To be honest I would have goaded him into hitting me, then unleashed a little pent up anger. I know, I know, internet tough guy. I'm not happy with myself for saying it but it is true and it is small of me. Every once in awhile someone comes along that I feel needs a good punch to the jaw. This guy is one of them.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Looks like they need pointers from the TEA Party as to how to hold a protest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join