It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honduran Farmers Slaughtered In Name Of Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Honduran Farmers Slaughtered In Name Of Global Warming

www.prisonplanet.com

23 farmers in Honduras were slaughtered in cold blood by hired mercenaries as they tried to protect their land from being seized by a corporation who wanted to use the land to produce biofuels as part of a United Nations-accredited EU carbon trading scheme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

“Protests erupted in July when six international human rights advocacy groups presented a report to the EP detailing what they called murders and forced evictions of peasants in El Bajo Aguán Valley of northern Honduras, ” reports the New American.

Ok ok, prison planet, I know. But there are reputable sources in the link so check it out. Sadly this kind of thing happens quite often, especially in third world countries. Anywhere where it is easy for a corporation to rape a vulnerable land then destroy it and it's people.

I suppose the conspiracy is whether or not anyone high up in the UN either knew in advance or conspired to get the land by deadly force. I guess we will never know for sure.

Its sad. I feel guilty because the western society I live in is a major driving force in the hungry resource munching machine responsible for many atrocious acts against humanity and mother nature. This is the results of materialism pushed on us by our oppressors. I know this sounds quite radical but it upsets me to see death over anything unnatural.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Your title is a disgusting distortion. Is your addiction to the anti GW conspiracy so distorted your sense of decency that you need to do this. It's shameful and even people who don't believe in GW should be ashamed at the appalling link made.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Your title is a disgusting distortion. Is your addiction to the anti GW conspiracy so distorted your sense of decency that you need to do this. It's shameful and even people who don't believe in GW should be ashamed at the appalling link made.

I think you'll find that in this forum it is the rules to use the exact article headline. I used the exact article headline.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
At least when villagers and farmers are dumped into pits for diamonds, oil or coltan there's something physical to gain.

Carbon credits? Man, crazy. The worlds economy is more fantasy-based with every day.

People are displaced through eminent domain every day for malls, parking lots and office space.

I guess murdering people to plant trees has always been high on the Ted Turner list for global elite ruling.
Expect to see more of this I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It is also reported in the Guardian

Of course it really has nothing to do with globalwarming - it is about money - doesn't matter how hte money is to be made, there's people willing to kill to get it - be it carbon credits, coc aine, or life insurance

also ther's a slightly differetnt take on hte "protecting their land" angle from the OP -

At the heart of the issue are the reported murders of 23 local farmers who tried to recover land that they say was illegally sold to big palm oil plantations, such as Grupo Dinant, in a country scarred by widespread human rights abuses.

Not that this makes anything any better of course - and I have no way of knowing which "angle" is more correct.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder who the people were behind allowing this information to go viral? What can be gained by this act of human sacrifice? These situations are never just clear cut there is always a bigger picture.

Sad to hear about this.

Edit to add this thread which has direct connections to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-10-2011 by antar because: Add

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Well his title is quite apt given who sponsored the Biofuel program, and the purpose of Biofuel.

If you don't like controversy, maybe don't partake on a conspiracy website.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

I don't think so, my dear. They've been doing this for years. Shell Oil, chocolate slavery, coffee producers. Done in South America, Indonesia, and Africa and in all sort of area by big corps. Wake up!!!!

OP: Star And Flag!!!!! I'd gve you 1000 if I could for such an important issue.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
From the link:

Writing about the deaths, Czech theoretical physicist Luboš Motl stated, “We are dealing with a group of fanatical people who won’t demonstrably stop when they need to kill people in the name of their breathtaking delusions (the comment about their need to follow their “rules” is just totally scary) and in the name of the millions that, according to their beliefs, belong to them.”

“We are dealing with a dangerous international fascist organization (I mean the climate alarmists) and I am telling you, if we won’t show them that we have teeth, they will show it to us sometime in the future.”...

Who didn’t this coming?” asks the Soylent Green blog. “Oh that’s right, the EUrotards. Who would have thought that Third-world Kleptocrats and bankers would steal land to cash in on the Thermageddon Carbon Trading Scam of the Millennia? And if any pesky farmers get in the way–kill them.”

As we have previously documented, this is not the first time that armed troops have killed poverty-stricken villagers after stealing their land in the name of global warming.

This is NOT new and has been going on for so long now.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I remember 'debating' someone on here once that didn't believe that corporations murder people. He said things like "corporations don't murder people. They're there to help them and give them jobs."

top topics

join