It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got 6 days before I ship off to Army Basic Training, any tips?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Like my title says I'm leaving for Fort Benning, GA for BCT. I joined as 11x (Infantry) and I have a Ranger attachment with my contract so I'll be going to Airborne school and then if I pass all that I'm going into Ranger school. People been giving me all kinds of hints and tips about how to survive, just wondering if anybody on this populated site has any. Also I'd like to say I will miss this site alot. I don't make alot of threads or comment that much, but I usually spend a couple hours on here a day.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
No matter what anybody says or does, just remember to stay mentally strong.

1 of the first things they try to do is break you down mentally so keep that chin up and brush off all the verbal assaults.

Also remember who and what you should be fighting for...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
keep your head down and out of view

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
keep your head down and out of view

My buddy's dad told me the exact same thing. So I will most certainly do that.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKultraVideos
Like my title says I'm leaving for Fort Benning, GA for BCT. I joined as 11x (Infantry) and I have a Ranger attachment with my contract so I'll be going to Airborne school and then if I pass all that I'm going into Ranger school. People been giving me all kinds of hints and tips about how to survive, just wondering if anybody on this populated site has any. Also I'd like to say I will miss this site alot. I don't make alot of threads or comment that much, but I usually spend a couple hours on here a day.

6 days? A little too late to prepare.
You should of been running for the past 6 months. Cuz you will be doing alot of physical activity. You're gonna be sore.

Don't cut your hair.

The first and last thing out of your mouth should be sir.

Do not lose your temper. Keep your anger in check. Harness it to work harder.

Do not volunteer. Unless you want to advance and can handle the stress.

good luck.
edit on 4-10-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
No matter what anybody says or does, just remember to stay mentally strong.

1 of the first things they try to do is break you down mentally so keep that chin up and brush off all the verbal assaults.

Also remember who and what you should be fighting for...

Thanks for the tip, my recruiter told me something similiar. I will definitly remember who and what I'm fighting for. I figured 6 months ago when I signed up that I was living in some interesting times and should get involved. I really want to protect the citizens of this country I live in and protect it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

my nephew is a drill seargeant there where your going, his name is Eddie Cruz, tell him his aunt that is married this uncle mike says hi. Also he has been In 12 years and wants to get out when this term is up, tell him how extremely impossible it is to find work, especially for someone who's only experience is fighting the middle east for 3terms. 8 Years he has full military benefits, more then the outside military life would offer him. Good luck be safe .

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Go to mass on Sundays, whether you're religious or not. It's the only place they can't mess with you. Hell you could even sleep there if you want.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Don't support the killing machine.

My advice. you see the atrocities, whether you deny or acknowledge them.

Get your ass to wall street
and tell them in no un-certain terms, your human and you made a mistake.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

You should of been running for the past 6 months. Cuz you will be doing alot of physical activity. You're gonna be sore.

Don't cut your hair.

good luck.

I've been running and hiking the last few months to prepare for it, I'm still probably not up to par were I should be but I'm 5'7" and 150 pounds I'm not to out of shape. What's up with not cutting your hair? Do they give you crap if you go in bald or something?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

my nephew is a drill seargeant there where your going, his name is Eddie Cruz, tell him his aunt that is married this uncle mike says hi. Also he has been In 12 years and wants to get out when this term is up, tell him how extremely impossible it is to find work, especially for someone who's only experience is fighting the middle east for 3terms. 8 Years he has full military benefits, more then the outside military life would offer him. Good luck be safe .

I'll keep that name in mind, heck he might be my drill sergeant.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

If you drop the soap in the shower, Do not bend over to pick it up!, just leave it there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by j4k3h
Don't support the killing machine.

My advice. you see the atrocities, whether you deny or acknowledge them.

Get your ass to wall street
and tell them in no un-certain terms, your human and you made a mistake.

If I lived near one of those protest I would have been out there. But I haven't worked in months and flat broke to travel. My hearts with those protesters, I hope they can find a solid demand, get more unions with them and really change things. But in my heart I'm more of a fighter than a lover.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Do Not Go Through With It. Back out.
You will become a hired-hand for murderers, and sacrifice your
soul and peace of mind.
Do not join a dastardly band who kill innocent children, women and men indiscriminately,
and by the millions.
Don't Do It!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

If you drop the soap in the shower, Do not bend over to pick it up!, just leave it there.

I think that's prison sir
I believe my group is the last being sent out that all signed up before the DADT was removed.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
My only advice is get the basic training an when they try to ship you out go A.W.O.L before ending up in the Desert.

The fun you will have with your bootcamp money in another country (not to mention not dying) is worth the jail time

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Quit...

Laying down your life for the elite...dont see them sacrificing their kids do you??

Stay safe....and dont become a searcher

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Don't cut your hair.

good luck.

I've been running and hiking the last few months to prepare for it, I'm still probably not up to par were I should be but I'm 5'7" and 150 pounds I'm not to out of shape. What's up with not cutting your hair? Do they give you crap if you go in bald or something?

Hahahahaa I went to Benning in the summer (blegh!). This time of the year shouldn't be too bad though. Don't listen to grey580 who says it's too late to prepare. I saw guys who couldn't do 12 push ups so you'll be fine.

No sense in cutting your hair, because they will do that for you.

DO NOT let the first and last thing out of your mouth be 'sir'. If you call an NCO 'sir', you're gonna get it in the ass. Only metaphorically though.

He is right, however that you should not lose your temper.. Do not fight or talk back or anything like that or else you will lose out on special privileges like being able to spend the day with your family the day before graduation and things like that. If you are down or upset, your buddies to your left and right will lift you up, and yes, times WILL be hard. From what I learned, the harder they are on you, the closer you and your buddies get, so treat them well, you're going to need them.

And no, do not volunteer because you will be dog tired from things they make you do as it is, and you do not want to add to that.

Other pointers: you're gonna love it! Honestly, what "normal" people may think of as scary, are probably the more fun things that you do. Like the gas chamber, where you are just in this small room with a gas mask on, as it fills with tear gas. Then they tell you to take your mask off and sit there and laugh at you while they are in full gear.

You get to learn how to repel down the sides of structures, and throw grenades, and shoot all sorts of different weapons that you don't pay for. And the best part is, YOU GET PAID TO DO IT. Seriously. It's awesome. Have fun with it and don't get caught up with the other "try-hards".

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Quit...

Laying down your life for the elite...dont see them sacrificing their kids do you??

Stay safe....and dont become a searcher

What is a searcher?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Don't let them stress you stay calm and breathe and relax they try to stress you and get you off balance you stay calm and remember yes sir and no sir also after you get there your Training Instructor is going to ask to volunteer about what dorm duty you would like the first jobs are the best they get worse as the list go's on so listen up for a good one in the beginning

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join