It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band attacked on stage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellis1234
Define metal music?

Music is Music, why do you have to hate peoples music, its expression? If you complain about it, you obviously care. If you don't like the band, don't get involved in it.

Metal to me is real music with real thoughts, feelings and other crap that others can understand and agree with.

It's the most real genre to me that can be expressed in a variety of ways. Music and lyrics that reach out to you no matter what ideals you subscribe to.

I hate what I don't like and I don't care if others call the rap or dubstep genres music, I don't think they are music and so I hate it and ignore it where possible unless it's forced upon me. There are certain bands and genres within rock that I despise too, BMTH, BFMV and GNR being just three of many.

If I could quote the inside of a Strapping Young Lad album booklet and the "F**k you and your #ty music" to bands like this then I would. To their faces.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

That's why I prefer Les Claypool's reactions to bottles being thrown. He insults them and makes it hilarious but also is chilled out about it too. Lemmy once said to us during a show when some idiot threw a bottle at Motorhead that if you see someone about to throw another, kick their ass.

To insult the paying crowd like Oli did shows what kind of an asshole he really is and makes his band even #tier than before to be unable to deal with that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

To insult the paying crowd like Oli did shows what kind of an asshole he really is and makes his band even #tier than before to be unable to deal with that.

on the youtube videos, the descriptions from the people there said some kid was stomping on some kid and fighting, and oli stopped the music and the rest is in the video.

Your opinions don't matter to me about BMTH but no band deserves to get attacked.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Your opinions don't matter to me about BMTH

I'm honestly glad they don't.

You like what you like, I'll like what I like. That's what music is and should be, expressing ourselves as individuals in different ways.

I can't say "no band deserves to get attacked" because I'd be a total hypocrite for wanting people I don't like to be hurt in some way, either by poor sales or what have you as long as it's not excessive violence.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

on the youtube videos, the descriptions from the people there said some kid was stomping on some kid and fighting, and oli stopped the music and the rest is in the video.

Your opinions don't matter to me about BMTH but no band deserves to get attacked.

Except BMTH, for bringing it on themselves

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

cool opinion, wrong thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellis1234

How exactly was that the wrong thread?

I said about them bringing that nights violence on themselves, in a thread about that nights violence.

I'm sorry if you don't like what i have to say about BMTH, but i think you'll find that it's not just me who shares my viewpoint. They suck, and deserve getting beat up for antagonizing a crowd.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join