It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band attacked on stage.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

the tables were regrettably turned last night (October 3) when singer Oliver "Oli" Sykes was attacked by concertgoers at a gig in Salt Lake City.

No band deserves this, no matter what your opinion of a band, why go to one of their gigs to hurl abuse and then start fighting.

Some of the you tube videos say the crowd where fighting as well for 15 minutes afterwards.

Link

better audio, closer to stage.

further away video

I personally like Bring me the horizon and to do this to any band is disgusting and they are what is ruining metal gigs for everyone.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Oh damn, I havn't listened to BMTH in so long... For Stevie Wonders Eyes Only..

That is lame man... No fun fighting over nothing.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Meh, nothing to see here except for a bunch of little girls.

None of them would last a minute in a real mosh pit.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You don't talk to people that way in my town.

This is a metal show.. You can't go to a metal show and expect hugs and kisses. I guarantee you this band has seen and been involved in worse.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

What point you making?

Violence is Violence, no matter who it is.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
what kind of jackass pays to go see a band they dont like and attacks them on stage..lets not forget the majority of people going to their shows are teenie boppers. where is the stage security during the dilemma?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm glad someone's finally hit that little 'Cee you next tuesday'

BMTH are a disgrace

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

BMTH are a disgrace.

How so? If you don't like them, thats your opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah what kind of weak roadies do they have?
I don't really get what happened there. The band was playing, then suddenly stopped and started cussing out someone in the audience? And then somebody threw something and beaned the singer? Or what?

And then dudes just leaped up on stage? No security at a gig? WTF?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellis1234

Something like that is always going to be opinion, but its a widely held opinion by most people who like real metal.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I live in SLC and can tell you that In The Venue is the smallest, crappiest, dumpiest, hole in the wall venue a band could play. I think a lot of people went to see Parkway Drive, who also played there last night.

The bands that play there are typically not popular enough to warrant a big security staff. I heard stories of what happened there last night from friends, (I know some kids who work these shows, not as security) and hear that Mr Sykes had some bad things to say about we locals. I don't know what really happened, but the article in the OP seems to confirm this.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinterskogen
I'm glad someone's finally hit that little 'Cee you next tuesday'

BMTH are a disgrace

Totally agree, now just get a fist into the face of the guy from HIM, every member of Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine and Funeral For A Friend and Axl Rose then all will be good.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So its okay to attack a band because you don't like them?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Haha, But that's not the point. I think anyone secretly would love to see bands or musicians or, well, anyone they don't like beaten up. That's human nature.

The point is, it's not just me, its THOUSANDS of people who hate Oli Sykes. And what he did last night, was then provoke people into that reaction, especially seen as him and this new wave of asexual, generic, whiney emo-looking kids aren't exactly flavour of the month.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinterskogen

Haha, But that's not the point. I think anyone secretly would love to see bands or musicians or, well, anyone they don't like beaten up. That's human nature.

The point is, it's not just me, its THOUSANDS of people who hate Oli Sykes. And what he did last night, was then provoke people into that reaction, especially seen as him and this new wave of asexual, generic, whiney emo-looking kids aren't exactly flavour of the month.

True, him, his band and the genre of music they represent have been hated and despised by the metal community for years.

It's just like how the metalheads wanted to kick the asses of the posers who dressed like Motley Crue, Ratt and others in the 80s.

And don't forget, a Marine with mental health issues took Dimebag Darrell from us after blaming him for breaking up Pantera so fantasising about beating up dicks like Oli is nothing compared to a true legend being shot in the head several times in front of his own brother and fellow bandmates/fans.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Define metal music?

Music is Music, why do you have to hate peoples music, its expression? If you complain about it, you obviously care. If you don't like the band, don't get involved in it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Define Metal music? Music that has balls.

Define metalcore... Metal for kids with no balls

Define BMTH... A bunch of pathetic, whining emo's who try to be metal, but have no balls, dress exactly the same as every fan, be it boy or girl, and look really asexual, cry a lot, whine, and be generally pathetic 100% of the time.
And when people don't like it.... Act like a prick about it and cry, like as the events contained in the video you posted, and of course, as the mod of this thread, because a band you like got punched.

Do i care? Yes, in the sense that BMTH and bands like them, are disgraceful, and their fans, for being souless, emo's who all look the same. And their music is only promoted because its a more accessible version of metal or hardcore and realised that people under the age of 20 would possibly like it because it's a change to all that Linkin Park they where listening to.

So, if i don't like it, i should not get involved? So in that same logic, because we didn't like what the Nazi's did in WW2, we shouldn't have invaded Europe?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Heh.. This thread got weird.

I don't like this band. I don't like a lot of similar bands.

I didn't know that was the discussion.. This could have been Kenny G and I would have felt the same way about it.

Whether or not you like the band is irrelevant. Why did this happen and was it justified?

I was told that Oli Sykes called someone fat after some water bottle throwing back and forth, and that's what caused the incident. I'm getting this all second hand so I can't claim 100% that it's true - this is just what I'm being told by someone that was there.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Nazi's and BMTH are two completely different thing hahahaha.

If you care that much, carry on, haters gna hates.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I'll get back to my hating then, thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join