It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Every Conversation You Ever Had Recorded?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52

K so I smoke a lotta bud, and once during general stoner conversation, on the topic of paranoia, someone told me something like this how they use your MOBILE PHONE to listen to you even when it's turned off.

How this works I don't know but apparently big commercial growers and dealers have been busted this way.

And with the amount of crazy # going on these days I can't imagine it being very hard to invent and implant some sort of small recording device into anything.

This isnt a joke at all ive been told that hackers can turn your phone almost any phone into a listening device so far this has been sent as a warning to government officials. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I live in a small town. When I was in my late teens I had a friend whose mom worked in a medium-sized, multiple story brick building near the center of town with no windows and no markings on the outside. He always said his mom just sat there all day listening to people's conversations on the telephone. "What, or whose conversations?" I asked him. "Everyone's" was his reply. Every day his mom went to work and listened to people talking on the telephone. In the mind of the busy and very young, such things are cause for pause but for a few seconds before moving on to the next interesting thing. I have never forgotten, though, and always felt strangely when near that brick building. Incidentally, in the last couple of years the building was torn down and a brand new brick building was built. It is about two stories tall. It has no windows. It has a glass door in the front with only the address number and no markings. Inside can be seen a foyer about the size of a walk-in closet. Directly opposite the entryway is an elevator door, and at 90 degrees to either side are doors. There are no markings. I've never seen anyone going in or out, but there is a very small table by the door with a vase of flowers that always seem fresh. In the phone book there is no listing for its address. On Google maps it is a blur. It's like it doesn't exist, but there it is. I assume they are still listening to phones, and maybe watching IMs and emails now too.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
On another note: Surveillance cameras are going up everywhere throughout American cities. The UK is already full of them. Even cheap snapshot cameras can recognize a face. Not only do they have every character we type and every word we say, they are also tracking us by facial and even posture recognition. They can identify you largely by your gait alone. When you call up a large corporation like your phone company and now must have a conversation with a computer that talks in a natural voice and recognizes everything you say, you can be sure much more advanced versions of that software are analyzing every spoken conversation.

Think back to old news stories in your area. You might recall a time 10 years ago, maybe a bit more or less depending on where you are, that the city was installing microphones throughout the city. The purpose was stated to be for law enforcement so that they could detect gun shots and quickly pinpoint their point of origin in order to enable fast deployment.

We are in a complete, total surveillance grid and there isn't a thing we do that's ever private in any way.

That goes for the politicians, too. That's how they keep them under control when drugs, sex and money lose their effectiveness.
edit on 10/5/2011 by 0001391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

Would just add with the UK cameras though that at the minute most have no film or old, full film in them
We really have to start worrying when they are all replaced with the shiny digital ones........

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes even in the public.
They even record public conversations with their listening devices.
They have anti-freedom wide reaching spy grid.

They even have hidden cameras in public areas now. Maybe listening devices in multiple locations. TPTB have bugged everything thats buggable. Including cars,cards,walls,pipes,monitors,appliances,phones,cellphones,trees,animals,computers,etc. They bugged it.

edit on 5-10-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I wonder if those chips they get you to put in your dog could be used as a listening device.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by teotwawki77
I wonder if those chips they get you to put in your dog could be used as a listening device.

would be fun if they did have in the one's in my next door neighbours dog as they'd have 12-14 hours of woof woof to translate along with the mad lady shouting shut up...should be great fun for some echelon operative having to write a report stating the woofing/shouting of shut up every day just incase she is a terrorist

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Imagine - all that ....

And they still suck at pretty much every aspect of it.

The only thing they appear to be good at is screwing with each other and trying to see if they can outdo their last invention.

How out of touch with your basic humanity does an organization(s) have to be that they can have an infinite amount of data, and it is still worth squat?

Fantastic.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The inability of these organizations to even use the data they have begs a question to be asked.

What could they possibly be hoping to get out of it, when they can't use it? When the complexity so outweighs their ability to use it, what is it that they are accumulating all this data for?

Pure voyeurism?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I think we should all think about that concept quite deeply.

I've already considered it and I refuse to hold my tongue. I say what I believe and pull no punches. I will accept whatever punishment comes my way, for the crime of being a free American patriot expressing my god given, inalienable right to freedom of speech.

I hope they DID record all my phone calls, because they'd have a hell of a time proving the things I said aren't true.

I know they listen and I acknowledge them during the calls themselves sometimes. I don't care. If they want to come to my door and ask the same questions, I will give them the same answers.

We cannot live in constant fear. At some point, someone has to take a stand and be brave and bold, and although I may not always live up to that high standard, I surely do try my best to, and I will continue to, until the day I take my final breath.... as a free American patriot.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
I've been telling people about this for over 10 years. Echelon.

Imagine a global spying network that can eavesdrop on every single phone call, fax or e-mail, anywhere on the planet.

It sounds like science fiction, but it's true.

Yup Echelon among others.
It's also pretty easy with conventional methods to do this, provided they were always watching/recording the guy.

if every call is bulk recorded, cell tower data, combined with voice recognition software could do this without much trouble.

It's very very possible.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Looks like I'm back on the naughty list again. For a moderate I sure get an awful lot of personal attention. I feel so special.

Was it this thread, or is it that I'm being unpleasant about the terrorist/insurgent thing? Or are we back to "how does she know that...." again?

Maybe I should start sexting my husband. At least then most of my conversations won't be quite so boring.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
www.adressa.no...

And even with his 1.4 million conversations, I guess they are now going to try and do a better job of monitoring the Internet.

A couple of weeks ago, they said that they were not going to do that.

We aren't going to watch you....

....oh wait....no we are.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The inability of these organizations to even use the data they have begs a question to be asked.

What could they possibly be hoping to get out of it, when they can't use it? When the complexity so outweighs their ability to use it, what is it that they are accumulating all this data for?

Pure voyeurism?

No. Greed.

Information is the new gold standard. However, raw data (unlike a shiny yellow rock) has an intrinsic value beyond its usefulness as a currency. They're still treating it like something with purely symbolic value to be hoarded; not used.

I imagine, too, that while the technical capacity is there to compile and store all this rich anthropological ore; analysis that yields more complex and meaningful patterns than the bare needs of security protocol require may be beyond our present reach.

But it probably won't be for long.

Nice thread.

edit on 29-10-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

Well.

My S.O. makes a strong argument for raw data being worth ack ull these-a-days.

Google vs. Alexa. Which is worth billions?

So, the data hoarders are betting on info they can't currently mine effectively for.

Essentially the same argument I was making, but with more latent curiosity taken into account. More imagination. Less raw computational power.

I feel inexplicably soothed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join