It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Every Conversation You Ever Had Recorded?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
theforeigner.no...

The information, collected from telecommunications companies, is likely to consist of every conversation Breivik held.

What an interesting thing to put to print.

Every conversation Breivik ever had on a telephone is recorded.

Even though Breivik used throw away phones for the last several years.

EVERY conversation he ever had has been recorded, and is available to the government upon request.

I think we should all think about that concept quite deeply.

What an interesting thing for the police in Norway to just tell everyone straight up - and no one to take note of how very intrusive that is. Everyone just let this little bit of information roll over them, and let it go.

Now remember, until about a year ago there was absolutely no reason for any government to have their eyes or ears on this guy. He was Joe Blow. No criminal record. No blip on the radar. Just *some guy.* Whom they were recording everything he ever talked about.

So, here you are my dear CT friends. A First World Government directly admitting that they can access EVERY conversation on the telephone you ever had.
edit on 2011/10/4 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There is an interesting couple of lessons here. When this story broke, there was a serious attempt to focus people on details of "conspiracy" that meant nothing.

Literal data garbage. Then people get tired of the data, or they become focused on the details that are garbage.

You and I, we are being manipulated to run our wheels on garbage minutia.

But if you keep looking, with a critical eye to rigourous logic there are details that are worth your attention and do qualify for the attention of the curious mind.

The question then becomes - how can a government of the First World tell everyone this, and almost no one notice? But people focus to the point of silliness on what doesn't matter. If the silliness can be disproved, then they are gone.

But wait, your curious mind is still needed. Your rigous eye is required by a free society. Stop letting yourselves be redirected to look incessantly on the ridiculous.

I challenge every one of you to challenge your own assumptions, and the ideas you own just as rigourously as you challenge "the establishment." The establishment is using your stubbornness against you.

I challenge you to challenge yourself, and then STILL HONOUR THAT YOU NOTICE SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT.

The part of your brain intended to alert you to danger is a powerful force. More powerful than your power to think itself by magnitudes.

Honour that wiring. You probably aren't wrong. Something is wrong. But if you drill down and find you are wrong, maybe you need to reconsider what you are drilling down on.

Your internal system is telling you that your attention is required. Be willing to be wrong. Be willing to be ATTENTIVE so that these things do not slip past you.

We need you. We, all the free people, we need you to break free of this cage of fantasy built around you so that your mind can be free to see what needs to be seen.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have wondered for many years if this was the case or not. It seems that Norway has "accidentally" let the cat out of the bag.

I also think that we are being "prepped" for this to be common knowldege. Have you seen the new TV series on CBS called "Persons of Interest"? In the advertising they blatantly state that there is a computer that can monitor all phone calls/email/text etc conversations. Not outside the realm of possibility I think.

S&F for a fascinating and scary truth.

Danno

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I have always new someone was listening .....Most don't care because I have little to hide but I imagine someone cares big time ....
I should say I say nothing around things that can either listen or watch ....ever wonder why its very important to convert media to digital? could be the screen we are watching is looking back at us .....peace

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm going to challenge you on that assumption that a TV show or movie depicting this information is intended to "prepare" you for wide release of this information.

I would suggest instead, that depictions in fiction or association to us - conspiracy buffs - is instead intended to suppress this knowledge.

So that you could look someone in the face in the world and say "our conversations are being recorded" and most people will then think "silly person who thinks TV shows are real."

The manipulation is far more subtle, and certainly isn't intended to EVER vindicate you. You unleashed are a danger. Your mind left undirected is a force of organization in what is a safe form of informational chaos.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I know Project Camelot's word is like mud to a lot of people on here but think about this. Bill Ryan said he had a source, now this was some time ago, who told him they can trace back ANY conversation you've ever had. This is where it loses all credibility with me - ON THE PHONE OR NOT. I'm just putting it out there.

Also wasn't this guy a Freemason or something? And wasn't there a company who just recently made the worlds largest databank? It was like a million 100gb I think, but don't quote me on that lol. How many MP3's could that hold!! Or would they even use MP3's? Considering we get technology that's 20 years behind they could be using something different...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The linking to Freemasons is almost always a distraction technique to redirect your mind to looking at the ridiculous.

The part about linking your conversations on the telephone and ones that are not is a form of manipulation where you link good data to bad data, so that when the mind rejects the bad data (as it should) the good data sinks with it.

Be willing to be rigourous.

Resist.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I'm going to challenge you on that assumption that a TV show or movie depicting this information is intended to "prepare" you for wide release of this information.

I would suggest instead, that depictions in fiction or association to us - conspiracy buffs - is instead intended to suppress this knowledge.

So that you could look someone in the face in the world and say "our conversations are being recorded" and most people will then think "silly person who thinks TV shows are real."

The manipulation is far more subtle, and certainly isn't intended to EVER vindicate you. You unleashed are a danger. Your mind left undirected is a force of organization in what is a safe form of informational chaos.

Interesting take on it. Those who have "open eyes" will see it and know it for what it is. Those who havent opened their eyes will just assume that we who are open are delusional and imagining things because we saw it on TV. I definately can see where you are coming from on that.

However....

I rarely concern myself with what other people think of me or my ideas.
Sooo... to me they are clues to what the future holds. In the past few years I have become aware of how much Print/Radio/TV/Movies "clue" us in to what is coming down the pike. If you allow yourself to take in the overall "feel" and direction of the entertainment industry, its amazing what you can see.

Thank you again for a good thead topic.

Danno

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The people whose eyes and ears are "closed" don't have the interest or ability to digest more.

On a very primitive level, they are relying on you and I to sound the alarm. To make sure that while they look for food in the forest, that you loudly and clearly ONLY alert them when legitimate threats are coming to the tribe and those threats are something that they can do something about.

Which means, that when you raise your voice it needs to have the force of reality behind it. It needs to be a real and present danger. And they need to know what to DO about it. Your voice needs to have a sense of what a solution might be.

The tribe isn't closed to you - instead, they are relying on you, heavily. But if they hear your voice too often about that which is useless, they will stop listening.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've been telling people about this for over 10 years. Echelon.

Imagine a global spying network that can eavesdrop on every single phone call, fax or e-mail, anywhere on the planet.

It sounds like science fiction, but it's true.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
I've been telling people about this for over 10 years. Echelon.

Imagine a global spying network that can eavesdrop on every single phone call, fax or e-mail, anywhere on the planet.

It sounds like science fiction, but it's true.

1999 is the date on that article.

Thank you. I had actually heard of Echelon before, but this is the first time that I "know" what it is.

Star

Danno

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
if you don't like that, look up echelon

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Have to remember though, even though he was just an average guy to us and many others, to spark several years worth of phone hacking to listen to what he was saying to me smacks of this guy being on the police radar for a long time. They probably didn't expect him to go out and murder people or if they did, they didn't know when since he could have known they would trace him and change plans to throw them off guard.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Let's put aside the government for a while.

Many many years ago, when I was still in college, during one of the Sound classes, my late lecturer told us about a scientist who was able to pull out voices from the sky - including voices from thousands of years ago (actual human voices). I believe nature, somehow, captures everything on earth (sights/sounds), and records it somewhere out there (or probably in what is known as the Akashic Record).

It is not a surprise if somehow, some people are well informed of this, and have gotten access to it - thus, turned the knowledge into a weapon, that will be deadly, in the hands of the wrong ones. God knows best.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
He was not on the police radar. He only came to their attentions recently. For a weapons violation.

This is a LIFETIME of conversations. He has been being recorded for most of his life.

If the average person makes 3 phone calls a day (mobile and land), let us instead round up. Let us say that he's particularly prolific in his phone conversations. Let us say he makes 20 calls a day. We can include texting in this number, just to really pump it up for this example.

Now we are going to say that maybe he's been being recorded for...a decade.

That's

(10 years * 365 days) = 3650 days.

3650 * 20 phone calls a day = 73000 phone calls.

Obviously he had far more phone calls than 73000 phone calls. Let us assume that you are right. He's only been being recorded for a few years. We'll be generous. Let us go with him being recorded for being naughty for 5 years. Still long before he was on anyone's radar.

(5 years * 365 days) = 1825 days.

1 400 000 calls / 1825 days = 767 calls a day.

Wow.

The average teenager sends 3400 texts a month. 3400 / 30 is 114 a day.

Instead we can break this down to a more likely number. How about instead we work out that he had a whooping 50 calls everyday.

1 400 000 calls / 50 calls a day = 28000 days / 365 days = 76 years.

How about 1 400 000 / 200 calls a day = 7000 days /365 days = 19 years

Wow.

Shall I continue trying to prove how ridiculous this idea is that he's only been being monitored for a year or two?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And if he was being monitored for 5 years, which is still longer than he should have been on any radar, he was having 767 phone calls and texts A DAY.

Over two years, that's 1917 a day. His conversations must have been REALLY short. 86400 seconds in a day. If the 1917 were all texts, and he took 30 seconds for each one...that's 57510 seconds of the day doing texts. About 15 hours a day.

That's lot of activity for a "lone wolf."

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think they were talking about his call records- i.e. who he called and who called him, rather than actually recording his speech.That is generally what they use to figure out who may be linked to terrorists.

Remember, Europe has stronger privacy laws than the US generally.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

edit on 5-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join