It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shuttle astronaut .. Basically Says Aliens are very real and he guarentees it.. ( new story)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Point 1 ....beforeitsnews.com is not a good source .
Point 2... Be prepared for a visit from Mr Oberg

Been here, held my tongue -- and typing.... and left quietly.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

In your zeal to debunk a few things, you have misread and misinterpreted many peoples posts because you have an anger management issue...

You really need to relax Jim...

As for being paid or not isn't the issue, you are still trying to do that job..

Not even going to bother responding to any more of your diatribes..

edit on 4-10-2011 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
As for being paid or not isn't the issue, you are still trying to do that job...

It's only an issue because you made the claim it was true, and now you're saying it's not important if it's true or not -- but you still made the claim. What emotion IS justified in the face of such a vicious ad hominem lie?

The task I'm trying to do is clear away the bunk so the signal can become clearer and less polluted by the poison spread around it -- by people like you, and -- to return to the OP -- by the liars at the 'beforeitsnews' website, who have victimized -- dare I say 'intellectually raped'? -- another innocent victim who started this thread.

Pathetic confabulators such as Clark McClelland [www.stargate-chronicles.com...] are truly pitiable in their situations, but by wrapping a subject of genuine mystery and high importance in such misinformation and myth, they aren't helping to clarify it -- they are farther obscuring it and scaring off [or disgusting off] people who might make serious, constructive contributions. What emotion, pray tell, is appropriate in the face of such harmful, time wasting, soul strangling shenanigans?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Nice to meet you Jim I've heard alot...

so u were in nasa at one point?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Just checked out your site.. Mr. Oberg

you have quite the history ... much respect and love

had no idea ATS had members like you...

man I love ATS...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

The ufo is either a representation or a direct pull from a photograph by Swiss UFO man Billy Meier, seen here right at the start,

www.youtube.com...

Musgrave's history is impressive, and should be listened to, his old website has some stunning pictures, well worth a look.

www.spacestory.com...

edit on 4-10-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
______beforeitsnews/story/1180/672/Top_NASA_Shuttle_Astronaut:_Aliens_Are_Real...I_Guarantee_It.html

I love reading NEW stories like this and not the same old recycled stories

I have always believed in ET's and anyone of our generation could accept , God , angels or demons as ET's / Aliens without denting our faith... I mean Alien is just a modern term

OK...there is NO WAY IN HELL...that NASA is going to come out and make a statement like this. Yes...E.T. is a reality and NASA knows this very well as they have an entire program that teaches Astronauts what the protocols are once either sighting or coming into contact with E.T.

But for NASA to say ANYTHING....would make a specific agency VERY PISSED OFF! Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
Sorry, but Before It's News is not trustworthy. Some of the stories are entertaining, but are just that, "entertainment".

Surely if this guy was for real he'd take his story to a legit website or news org.

Ya should put it on ATS that should make a difference

ok still waiting

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

man I love ATS...

Neat story, to me anyway. I was still in college when I first heard that man's name.

My big brother had heard from his astronomy club about a book coming out about the Soviet Space program-- still secret in those days. I was at the book store when it opened to get my copy of Red Star in Orbit, and read it over the weekend.

Back then, as intriguing as the information in the book was to many of us; so was the author. We spent as much time wondering how James Oberg found out what he knew as we did discussing the book.

Astronomy club observing site or at the Texas Star Party, that was a book and a name heard around the telescopes. What is so neat, all these years later, is that over time, no one doubted James Oberg, as the Russians started telling old secrets, those of us who read Red Star in Orbit were generally merely nodding our heads, saying, "Yep. I already read about that."

When there really was a cover-up in the manned space program, that is the man who uncovered it-- made it known. And when there is NOT a cover up... that is a man who can be trusted when he says there is no cover-up.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Musgrave's history is impressive, and should be listened to, .....

My point exactly. Listen to what Musgrave says, not what confabulators
such as McClelland IMAGINE what he might have said and then present fictions.

Most of the "astronaut quotations" bandied about on threads such as this one are fabricated by UFO enthusiasts
or the writers and lecturers who thrive off of their gullibility. It's so-o-o-o easy. Why are so many such victims so dang PROUD of being such easy marks?

The Musgrave 'quotes' from the OP are perfect examples of this.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

OK...there is NO WAY IN HELL...that NASA is going to come out and make a statement like this. Yes...E.T. is a reality and NASA knows this very well as they have an entire program that teaches Astronauts what the protocols are once either sighting or coming into contact with E.T.

In your dreams. Quite literally.

This is the kind of thing real enthusiasts dream up to explain away direct astronaut comments that deflate the myths.

No evidence? Easy to explain! PROOF of a vow of silence!!

Denial of a vow of silence? Easy to explain. PROOF of a vow of silence!

Go back and look at what Musgrave told the MUFON conference. And why won't you believe it?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
When there really was a cover-up in the manned space program, that is the man who uncovered it-- made it known. And when there is NOT a cover up... that is a man who can be trusted when he says there is no cover-up.

Aw, shucks ;looks at ground shyly, shuffles feet]... thanks, Frira.

NASA officials have done coverups, and still do -- though less and less as they get embarrassed at being caught.

Enjoy this March 2000 attack on me by name in a NASA press release for a whacko theory about the covered-up reasons for a Mars probe failure: www.nasa.gov...

There's still been stuff about problems with Russian space hardware that NASA has been reluctant to tell the American public about -- but people within NASA pass it on to me anyway. Numerous examples on my home page.

A good foundation in 'rocket science' helps see through clumsy bureaucratic distortions, at least in this field.

And it's a matter of life and death. Make-believe can kill, in space. And it has. And something odd outside your window could be a clue to a lethal malfunction of your spacecraft -- so you'd BETTER watch for anything unusual and track it down ASAP.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

man I love ATS...

This is exactly what we dont need, Hes alrighty got quite the entitlement dont add to it!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
thats interesting do you have any more confirmed sources for this

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal
[If this is real, he would be comitting treason; so I'd rather have no name than be named. Plus we've been to the moon many times in secret.]

How is this Treason again? And On what basis you're saying "we have been to the moon many times"? I don't even think US sent anyone to the moon in 60s, much less after that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Musgrave's history is impressive, and should be listened to, .....

My point exactly. Listen to what Musgrave says, not what confabulators
such as McClelland IMAGINE what he might have said and then present fictions.

Most of the "astronaut quotations" bandied about on threads such as this one are fabricated by UFO enthusiasts
or the writers and lecturers who thrive off of their gullibility. It's so-o-o-o easy. Why are so many such victims so dang PROUD of being such easy marks?

The Musgrave 'quotes' from the OP are perfect examples of this.

You're quite right about that, separate the wheat from the chaff. Musgrave has currently two official sites both open, although one is meant supercede the other. There are no references there that I could find, to alien encounters.

However, at the Op's linked site (BIN)
the story contains what can only be taken as a direct quote from Musgrave in which it would be hard to imagine that he is talking about anything else other than a space environment,

"I don't know what it is..I don't know...It appeared to [have] come from nowhere. You would think that if it's facing the dark side or facing a side towards you which is not reflecting the sun, you would think that you would see something there. It's really impressive."

So either he has said that or it's a downright lie, concocted by either McClelland or BIN. If he did make that statement, what was he really talking about, as it is difficult to make any particular sense of that statement, even in a space scenario.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So either he has said that or it's a downright lie, concocted by either McClelland or BIN. If he did make that statement, what was he really talking about, as it is difficult to make any particular sense of that statement, even in a space scenario.

Smurfy, it's somewhere in between. Musgrave was ambushed on one TV show with the video known as the 'STS-80 UFO fleet', but was not given any contextual information on the lighting, time of day, shuttle activities, etc., and he made those comments off the top of his head based purely on viewing the video for the first time in his life.

I investigated that video, found the context, talked with witnesses, and came up with a purely prosaic explanation that had been overlooked -- or covered up -- by UFO promoters. Posted it on the Internet.

Musgrave has explicitly endorsed my explanation of that video. So has another STS-80 crewman, Tom Jones.
See skywalking1.wordpress.com...

But presenting his words, made while he was deliberately kept in ignorance, about the video, but not about subsequently finding and endorsing a prosaic explanation -- yeah, I'd call that 'lying'. Sadly, it's too easy to get away with that sort of thing, and as long as it's easy, you'll be seeing an endless parade of such lies.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by admiralbiggles
thats interesting do you have any more confirmed sources for this

Who is this directed to, please?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Jim,

Off topic. I was trying to pin you down for your official answer a couple months ago.

JAL Flight 1628 over Alaska. What happened?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join