It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Craft project... Making a horn Spoon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I learned to do this years ago... not to make as a real eating utensils but to sell to the local tourists who were begging for Native crafts....

Yes I'm going to send you to another web site to learn how... just a couple of things before I give you the link...
Any kind of horn works... I said horn not antlers... their not the same... Cow horns are most commonly used... a meat packing plant or local rancher might just give them to you if you promise to make them a few pretty ones after you get better....

If you do make one... never leave it in soapy water overnight... that softens the horn and all your shaping will be for naught... Yes you can wash it, with soap and water just dont soak it...

Lastly remember when said soaking softens up the horn... well if you want to try bending the tip for a fancy handles soak the horn for 20 minutes in hot water... you'll need to make a jig to hold the shape while it dries...make your angles a little steeper than you want as a finished product as horn does have some spring back...

okay heres the how too
Horn Spoon how too

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

Very Cool! I have seen power horns, black power shooters carry many shapes and sizes. But a spoon? Never seen one.

join