It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive power outage in Edinburgh....North Central.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

haha yea that to

just a side note phone signals are all kapow aswell barely gettin one , keeps droppin out , pain in the ass

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
This may be why LINK

Looks like were expecting a geo magnetic storm to hit todAY. Stay safe!
edit on 10/4/2011 by raiders247 because: link

What I was just reading.
That "thing" hitting the Sun yesterday certainly caused some damage..wonder what it was? The video was incredible.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
reply to post by shauny

haha yea that to

just a side note phone signals are all kapow aswell barely gettin one , keeps droppin out , pain in the ass

We have 6 adults in my house, all gettint none to hardly any signal right now, didnt think much off it till you said. The mystery deepens !!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

perhaps it is a solar flare, or a storms coming. hubby not happy his connection to the xbox keeps dropping mwhahahaha

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by shauny

perhaps it is a solar flare, or a storms coming. hubby not happy his connection to the xbox keeps dropping mwhahahaha

Not a gamer myself, but my 2 sons are, so I can imagine...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It would seem that at least us Weggies have paid Scottish Power this month ... always knew east coasters were tight arsed

Seriously, power cuts have to be amongst one of the inconvenient things in life especially when youre running an all electric house. Our last outage was last November on one of the coldest nights we had last winter; it had lasted through the whole night and into the morning with no heating or hot water, was a pretty damned miserable morning.

Hope you get yer leccy back soon!
edit on 4-10-2011 by Ficargul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ficargul

haha funny
only prob is i aint with scottish power

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

reply to post by shauny

back on for now yea, it went off for about 5 mins, came back on then 20 minutes later went off again for 30 minutes, we were told it wouldnt be back up till 10pm :s lol.

was funny watchin everyone come out there houses all u seen was lil phone lights bobbin about the streets haha, the icecream van still made its rounds though

What ice-cream van makes rounds in a black-out? Why, one that is selling drugs and dealing with stolen goods.

The Glasgow Ice-Cream Wars
"The conflicts, in which vendors raided one another's vans and fired shotguns into one another's windscreens, were more violent than might typically be expected between ice-cream salesmen. Superficially, the violence appeared disproportionate, and the situation appeared farcical, with officers of the Strathclyde Police detailed to follow ice-cream vans around on their runs, causing locals to nickname them the "serious chimes squad".[2] However, more than just the sale of ice-cream was involved. Several ice-cream vendors also sold stolen goods and drugs along their routes, using the ice cream sales as fronts, and much of the violence was either intimidation or competition relating to these.[3]"
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg[

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Shauny,
Always enjoy your threads

Is the electric back on? What's the latest.......has anyone else noticed the lack of candles in the shops, also the exorbitant price on the ones that are?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

i was lucky enough to haave loads lying around
, electric back on however been told today that there mayb more cuts tonight due to the weather, one of my daughters says it was on the news but cant find anything online though

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

Glad you had candles! If I was a conspiracy theorist I would be saying 'they' are deliberately keeping candles off the shelves to make sure we HAVE to use the massively expensive leccy, and when they do put candles on the market they are going to get very pricey!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Whistles...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....practice run maybe?

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

"By Steve Connor
Monday, 13 June 2011

Officials in Britain and the United States are preparing to make controlled power cuts to their national electricity supplies in response to a warning of a possible powerful solar storm hitting the Earth.

Thomas Bogdan, director of the US Space Weather Prediction Centre, said that controlled power "outages" will protect the national electricity grids against damage which could take years to repair should a solar storm collide with the Earth without any precautions being taken.

Dr Bogdan is in discussions with scientists in the UK Met Office to set up a second space weather prediction centre in Britain to co-ordinate a global response to a threat viewed seriously by the US and UK governments.

One of the subjects is how to protect electricity grids from the immense power surges caused by the geomagnetic storms which happen when highly energetic solar particles collide with the Earth's magnetic field.

Read more: www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join