It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banana Hammock!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hi all,
I have just gone and got myself a DD Travel Hammock as I think it will be great for camping out, off the ground away from those dreaded creepie crawlies, and it has a waterproof mosquito net (midgie proof as well for UK). Now the only disadvantage I could think of with a Hammock is that you have to have trees about (or spend a lot of time digging deep holes whilst carrying around poles to stick in the ground) but the thing with the Travel Hammock is that it is completely waterproof and very durable, so if you need to set up camp and there are no trees around, hey presto, just chuck the hammock on the ground and you have yourself a mini one man tent with detachable mosquito net.
Another thought is that if you are hiding or need to be secretive you can climb up a sturdy tree and set the hammock up just underneath the canopy, added bad weather resistant as well, minus strong winds of course
. Anyway, I just thought that this is a great bit of kit, very compact (smaller than a tent bag and sleeping bag) and easily fits inside my BOB so just wondered if anyone knows any better methods of sleeping out that are very compact?

Please, enlighten me

Thankyou

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Your not a climber are you...
I'm only saying rock climbers have lots of very nice hammocks to chose from...

because I have a wife I have to have one... built for two
This one is the new and improved version of what we use

BTW forget getting frisky in there with the little woman... Might find yourselves suspended upside down...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The last time I slept in a hammock for a long duration I woke up with completely dead legs (I assume because they are elevated ) and could barely stand up for about 5 minutes.
I dont know if thats a common thing or just to do with my height, but I certainly wouldnt try and sleep in one again, would rather deal with the creepy crawlies

For the record. Ive never used a banana hammock

edit on 4-10-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Same thing happened to me so thats a no go. Never had a banana hammock either

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Never had a banana hammock, but I once had a torpedo in my speedos.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

haha its 'supposed' to be a joke, a banana hammock is a mini 'hammock' for the old crown jewels if you catch my drift

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandpaDave
reply to post by Dionisius

Your not a climber are you...
I'm only saying rock climbers have lots of very nice hammocks to chose from...

because I have a wife I have to have one... built for two
This one is the new and improved version of what we use

BTW forget getting frisky in there with the little woman... Might find yourselves suspended upside down...

I am most definetly not a climber, was more of an afterthought than an actual use for the hammock.

I reckon it would be better upside down
headrush and all that.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The trick to sleeping in a hamock is to lay at an angle to the ropes. Here's a link that explains it.

The Hamock Angle

new topics

top topics

join