It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have feelings for my car...do you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Maybe not with a car (yet) but certainly my bikes,my last bike which is off the road being chopped,the little bike carried me for 100's of miles of rallying with a leaky head gasket burnt out points and a non existant valve stem oil seal haha,just refused to die

Might have looked like it spent half its life at the bottom of the sea but it just did not give up,even when the exhaust would glow red after 2 miles of wide open throttle,really must finish the project come to think of it!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

i have feelings for my car...do you?

I know what you mean. I have this BBB(Big Beautiful Bronco) she is just gorges nice sleek sides a soft top she has a nice rear end a 9inch to be exact. Let me tell son when her top comes off the fun is about to start. She is always faithful never let me down or left me hanging. She can do things no other girl can do and best yet she's 69

Now for my other this old nag is a ran down haggard old soul. She is hard to under stand Iv read all the how to books and still cant figure her out. When Im ready and try to turn her on all she dose is nag nag nag. She has a temper when she gets hot she blows her top. She is always spittering and sputturing when we are out on the town she just dosnt make me happy. She is over weight and drinks a lot and has lots of issues. I need to get rid of her but she just dont get it I dont want her she will take off with someone but they always bring her back

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sure. I love my van, and what's more is it's a whoopty. Mazda Bongo. It presents all sorts of conversational opportunities:

"Sorry, I don't have time. I have to go wash my Bongo."

The back seats lay flat to make a bed. I use it mostly to haul plywood and sheetrock. Mostly.

It always starts. I bought it from Japan several years ago, and it cost $900 U.S. plus shipping. It only runs on three cylinders and gets GREAT gas mileage.

It has a spoiler, for no sensible reason. It's gunmetal gray.

I love my Bongo.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Funny story, but true.

So this summer i was at the local U-pull it yard. So I'm under this truck pulling some parts out. Then I hear OMG! OMG ! No...No.! I thought someone got hurt. So I rolled my self out from under the truck in flash, there was this guy screaming at the top of his lungs. No. No.. OMG ! I asked what is the matter, I though he was having some sort of drug trip. Then some guys that were from Mexico came running over to see what was going on. Turns out the car next to me used to be his. He was really bent out of shape about it seeing in a salvage yard. The guy even started crying, saying he sold it to a friend a couple of years ago and the friend promised it would be in good hands. The guys from Mexico had some beer in there toolkit beer cooler thing; Corona ('
') they offered him one. So this guy is crying while sipping a Corona, tears coming down his eyes.This was to funny.

So I assume his friend blew the engine and decided to trash it. and gave this guy some other story about it. I was not going to hug this guy. He really needed some sort of emotional support, Corona will do though. I went back to pulling parts. I wonder what he would have done if I started pulling parts from his old car ('
')

edit on 15-11-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I once had old MG Miget when in the Amry. AKA "death trap "named by my friends in the unit. I had no feeling for it at all, just transportation. But my girlfriend did, " Stupid death trap left me stranded .It ran out of gas again." "Fix the gas guage ! " then she kicked it. didn't see her for two after that.('
')

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have resisted since this thread appeared. Now I'm letting it out.

LISTEN to you people! You LOVE your car?? Wow. Do you even know what love means?

Love is a two way reciprocal energy through which both parties have the other's wellbeing at heart.

Your car cannot love you back, man. That is just called materialism. A thing that has got society where it is today - drowning in our own greed, consumption, corruption, material erotica, and insane jelousy about things that will not contribute to your state of being at the time of death. It cannot go with you!

Ok, go for it, flame me or whatever. I know you guys think this is simply a light thread, but in reality, to have a 'personal relationship' and 'feelings' for your car, borders on the perverse.

Grow up and love some people, starting with yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I know what you man. I worked on cars as a mechanic and engineer for 38 years, and have own a lot of neat cars. There are some that I have loved, loved a lot. I still have fond memories of a Cadillac blue '66 Chevelle with a 455 Stage 2 dual quads big block under the hood. This car would pull the front wheels up in first, and get rubber in all four gears. Built it for $1500 in 1981, made over $5000 street racing her, then sold her to a professional drag racer for $2000.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Whoa...I do love myself, and many people...but, I also love my car. My car loves me back too. Each and every time I get in my 4 wheeled friend, I ask her to provide a safe journey for both of us. A car blessing so to speak.

How dare you...presume to define "love" for me. Who made you in charge of love, and how and to whom/WHAT ii is expressed towards. Quite pretentious on your part...but, that's just my car's opinion.....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Your car does NOT love you.

So your love for your car justifies materialism and attachment to things that belong to this world? Because it is your car and not some other car or owner? Your car is special.

It is exactly this that the very clever PTB have formulated for you to feel so that you can want want want, and love something that does not have a heart to feel your love, or return your love. It was not my intention to prescribe to you what love is, but I hope that you will agree with me at least with this: love comes from the heart. Right? Your car can NOT feel!! It is a thing without a heart.

It does not grow. True love is having the others growth (spiritual, mental and physical) at heart.

Your car does not know whether you are growing. It does not care. It cannot. It has no feelings.

If all the mechanisms in its contsitute is in good shape, it functions well. If not, it has problems.

People storm the streets and Occupy the world against the very power that entrapped them through stimulating materialism, using clever techniques to make you believe objects make you feel good, yet, those same people will continue to be hypnotised by the very powers they rebel against, believing that an object that can experience no feeling has become their beloved.

This is sad for true progress.

Occupy wants change. But real and lasting change does not lie in reformulating the same set of principles. Real change can only come when man wakes up and realises that it must come from within himself. VALUES must be changed in man himself. Materialism is a trap and must be overcome for true change to happen!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Everything...including my car is made of molecules. Molecules are made of energy. Energy equals love...yup.

My car is all part of the energy love-fest of the universe...You just don't get it do you.

Now I'm going back on topic, since you've tried to derail this thread with your agenda.

I love my car!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I promise you I did not try to derail this thread. It was my intention only to share my opinion about loving your car; I am sure it is ok for me to express and alternative challenging view to which i stand strong.

Perhaps I do not get you. And perhaps you also do not get my point of view.

I agree on disagreeing.

Go well.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I love my car (:

I drive a lot, so I spend a great deal of time in it.

Its not the greatest car, but its the nicest one I have ever had. And it has seat warmers...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
I have resisted since this thread appeared. Now I'm letting it out.

LISTEN to you people! You LOVE your car?? Wow. Do you even know what love means?

Love is a two way reciprocal energy through which both parties have the other's wellbeing at heart.

OH, believe me, it IS a two way reciprocal energy through which both parties have the others wellbeing at heart. A good automobile is like a drug and once you've gotten a taste of the good stuff, woe to the person who thinks they can just walk away.

And cars, especially quirky ones, do love some people more than others. Some only sing for one driver. Just like a stradivarius will allow itself to be played lovelier by one person over another, some cars will only offer themselves fully to one man or woman. And when you find that symbiosis, it's not just good, its really GOOD. Call it voodoo or hoodoo but if you've been around and if you really "know" you know, you know it's true.

I would even argue that we don't truly "own" our cars. Not the great ones anyway. Great cars, one could argue, are just like a strat. Yo Yo Ma might be the caretaker and musician who plays that strat in this lifetime, but when Yo Yo Ma is dead, that strat will move on to the next wonderful musician just as it has done for a hundred years prior. We are but stewards, temporary drivers, and when we're gone, that "Stanley steamer", that "Pierce Arrow" that 57 splitwindow vette, or 67 porsche speedster will go on to the next driver for the next lifetime. And hopefully, just like the strat, with proper care, it will just get more valuable, more beautiful and better with age.

There's a song by Queen called "I'm in love with my car", though a non gearhead might not get it, it might help.

The machine of a dream, such a clean machine,
With the pistons a pumpin', and the hubcaps all gleam.
When I'm holding your wheel,All I hear is your gear,
When my hand's on your grease gun,Oh it's like a disease son,
I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile,
Get a grip on my racing rollbar,Such a thrill when your radials squeal.

Hi, my name is Guinevere and I am addicted to cars. Nice to meet you.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Anthropormorphic because: name

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've owned 4 trucks in my life.
I miss them all.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I understand your perspective but some people ....

I feel that some of us have bonds with our cars especially in a case such as mine where my Jeep has pulled me out of several bad situations weatherwise and/or road conditions and even saved my life once actually twice come to think of it.

One time I am on a hard mud packed back road in the mountains of New Hampshire near the border of Maine.
A storm comes in and it begins hailing and pouring rain.

I decide to head back home...I have had a great day of Mountain Biking !

The single lane dirt road in which I'd come in on being in the mountains now has several culverts across it due to the rain careening down the mountainsides across the road and is very slippery.

I am in 2 wheel drive which is an old rule by 4 wheelers which is to only use it to get out of sticky situations and whilst driving along this mountain road with a ravine dropping several hundred feet below .

Suddenly I feel the front end of my Jeep start sliding towards the edge due to the soft mud and the torrents.....I reached down and shifted the transfer case into 4x4 , the front end of the Jeep stopped sliding sideways and saved me from a catastrophic accident due to sliding off of the road and down into the ravine below.

I was by myself and who knows what have happened after going over the edge or whether I would have even survived the crash.

But in a nutshell is why my Jeep will always have a place in my heart. Simply because she did help save my life.

And I am truly grateful because had I been in my car I mightn't be here today to talk about it.

That's how one CAN develop feelings for their inanimate vehicles....just because in my case I am here to testify about how this machine helped save my life !!

And I will always love my JEEP !

Peace

edit on 5-12-2011 by nh_ee because: Live Free or Die AND Love my JEEP

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i get it dude, at least for vehicles ive driven for a year or more. like my 89 chevy van ive driven across country and got into all kinds of crazy # in. always reliable and there when i need it. its like a best friend or somethin ya know?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I kinda have a "bond" with my car, but it's different than most of your situations. First of all, I'm 18 and drive a 1995 Toyota Camry. The Camry was bought when I was a year old because my family wanted a sedan they could drive me around in. We never thought it would last this long. I was constantly driven around in it as a kid and there's many childhood memories attached to the Camry... 17 years and 205,000 miles later, it's still going strong
Last year when I got my license, my dad bought a new car and gave me the Camry for college.

When I get another car, I'm going to have a very tough time getting rid of this car. Who knows? I might get a Ford Mustang and keep this as my winter car

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
They can have my 1978 Porsche 911 SC when they pry it from my cold dead hands.

My first car was a 63 VW bug I called Fred, my sister totalled it and I think that's why we still don't get along very well.

My second car was a 67 Plymouth Fury 2dr sedan, it's name was Eddie.

My 3rd car was a 68 Camaro RS/SS named Mongo, I really regret selling it.

The list goes on as I'm a serious motorhead so I won't bore anyone, but basically I wish I still had just about every car I've owned.

Except the Jaguar XJS HE V12 coupe. My 2 happiest days with that car were the day I brought it home, and the day it left my driveway with a new owner. If I ever run into this Lucas fellow who wired that car I'm going to bust his lip open.

The 911 is a car I've always wanted, since I was a little boy even, so that ones stays no matter what.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I LOVE my car

I have a 98 Mustang, 5 speed and she is a dark green. I always wanted a Mustang and I bought mine about 4yrs ago. I love her. It isn't a new one but I didn't care. I knew what models I wanted and it was in my price range. I will have a new one someday but for right now I'm quite happy with Ellie. I named her Eleanor but call her Ellie for short

It's funny how much I love my car and my bf makes fun of me for it....Well he makes fun of my car! I told him those were fighting words if he talks about Ellie that way. He does the typical Ford jokes, which after having two Fords I don't see how those jokes are valid. If you take care of your car it will last. If you maintain it, it will last. I get a check up once a year on my car. I try and rotate the tires once a year as well and get an oil change as needed.

I would eventually like to get a few things done to my car, just minor things like tint, new rims/tires, new spoiler. I really don't need to do much to my car. The interior is like new, just needs a cleaning on the seats. No signs of wear anywhere! It's been very reliable so I can't complain. When I bought it I had to put new tires and a clutch in it, so far those are the two most expensive things I've done in 4yrs.

Here is Ellie after a bath

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join