It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have feelings for my car...do you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i was wondering if there is anyone else out there who feels the same way i do about cars...

to give some examples... i feel very attached to the cars that i have owned, wether they were sports cars, or family cars it didnt matter. i feel a "bond" with my cars as if they are one of my pets. i feel like my car is always there for me. it never complains, it cheers me up, it shelters me etc...in return i take care of it, wash it, maintain it, etc..

when my car is at the mechanic i feel anxious, as if though i have a sick family member at the hospital, or as if im taking one of my pets to the vet. when my car starts to malfunction, i worry and i start asking myself if im the one responsible for my vehicles "health"

even when ive come to the point of selling my car, i feel like im losing a close friend, so many memories my car knows more about me than even the closest people to me. it always keeps my secrets, and never judges me.

i know it sounds wierd, but has anyone ever felt this way about a certain car? as if it were part of you?
edit on 4-10-2011 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Only my corvette. If you ask my wife she would tell you i was more married to it than to her

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by forevertruepatriot

it sounds like you got rid of it?.. was it one of those "its me or the car" scenarios?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

in a nutshell - no

i have owned a variety of cars / vehicles

and they weare all tools - to be used and abused

no sentiments

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I love my Subaru Impreza.

But still it's just metal, plastic and screws.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I usually have a close connection with my cars.

I feel like they are "mine" or "me" and if anyone else owned it, it wouldn't be the same vehicle.

Being a mechanic I often yell at my cars/ or other cars, and a lot of times I feel as though it listens. With stuck bolts that finally break free, or when you take a bolt out and the parts all of a sudden decide to start flying at your head.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I've "named" every car I've ever owned...how's that for personifying an object/tool

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

OKAY....I like my car as well,I just don't want to
be married to it!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I still own my 1999 VW Golf
I lived in it for a short while. Literally.
I've been to the border of hell in it. (see previous threads)
I call him Klaus.
I don't really need a car but I admit I do love it/him. Its old, its not going very well but It symbolises so much that has happened in my life that yes I do have a strong attachment to Klaus. (not my first vehicle I might add)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I have a 92 Jeep Cherokee Loredo. I do have feelings for it. I inherited it from my great uncle who kept it in pristine condition. To be honest I wouldn't trade it for any new car unless it was a $100,000 sports car. It's ignition switch broke, and I didn't have enough money to get it fix for a while. It actually brought a few tears to my eyes. This wasn't because I lost my transportation, as I have a back up car. I actually felt like I lost a very close friend.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I could care less about my car

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I only care about my car from the sense that I dont want it to be damaged and cost me money to replace or repair.... now for my Motorcycle, well she has a special place in my heart

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Dude
In the uk you are what we call a total petrol head so from one petrol head to another I totally understand. I completely adore my Alpha Romeo and it makes me even more of a pimp than I already

Kind regards

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yes, I have emotions for my vehicle also. It's like a friend that has been on many, many adventures with me. It's a little older (1996), but I'll let you in on a secret. Virtually everything but the majority of the frame, cab, and engine has been upgraded. The dirty hippies don't like it, but I just smile when they hate, because I know that their Prius batteries are 50x worse for the environment when they go in a landfill, and also, electricity ain't so green. It's the only possession I own other than musical equipment that I actually care about.

Pic related, testing lastest upgrades:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
Yes, I have emotions for my vehicle also. It's like a friend that has been on many, many adventures with me. It's a little older (1996), but I'll let you in on a secret. Virtually everything but the majority of the frame, cab, and engine has been upgraded. The dirty hippies don't like it, but I just smile when they hate, because I know that their Prius batteries are 50x worse for the environment when they go in a landfill, and also, electricity ain't so green. It's the only possession I own other than musical equipment that I actually care about.

Pic related, testing lastest upgrades:

SWOON.....be still my beating heart....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I hardly have feelings for others how can I waste this on inanimate objects?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hey I'm proud of my baby!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I can totally relate on having feelings for cars.

I am PISSED at mine.

'92 Buick skylark, needs a new water bump and transmission.

Money I don't have.

So, feelings of anger, mostly.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
of course i have feelings for my cars, i bought them and get a lot of enjoyment from them, and i rely on them, a good car is kinda like a good friend, always there when you need it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I would have to say that I do have feelings towards my car, I have even named it "Skip", the feelings I have can be expressed by this short video, both the car and myself have had similar experiences together as well...

I fricken hate the heap of junk

edit on 1-11-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join