It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 College Graduates Find Job Market Bleak (56% down from 90% employed)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I am somewhat a littler bit older to remember when back in the seventies the big companies Iike IBM would come to the high schools looking for the smartest kids in math and science and offer them full scholarships and then a secure job in their companies.

Those were the days.

Now the bring the workers from oversea with the H1B visas.

edit on 4-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by ldyserenity

The computer science majors were the only people I know getting employed.

Of course they all had full ride scholarships and so move debt free directly into 80k a year positions, very good major to have currently. (All four relocated to Seattle WA)

Go you! Good luck.

PS

You better bust your ass if you want to out compete the indians and chinese competing for the same positions and for less pay though.
edit on 4-10-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

I am currently holding a 4.0 this quarter , was steadily holding it from beginning until microeconomics, I won't go into it but all of the A students got a tanked score as well, and all that were behind got A's lol...we are still scratching our heads over what that instructor was thinking she seemed to find stupid reasons to give us poor grades. Well, no use crying I just got to bust my rear end to regain that 4.0 again it's not hard for me! I thought most (IT professionals) moved to Oregon I saw a big thing where that's where the field has really taken off.
edit on 4-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarity & spelling

<< 1   >>

join