It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move On vs. Swift Boat Veterans: Not the same

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We have a "good for the goose" argument being floated by team Rove over the 527's; that they all need to be booted.
But if you look at the reams of falsehoods hoisted by the Swifties, and then compare them to these ads by Move On, how can you say Move On is engaged in "character destruction" snipes against Bush!?!

Errol Morris directed these in the style of his Apple "Switch" ads; only here it's former Republicans saying why they're voting for Kerry. Simple, direct, non-flaming.

Please, tell me what you see as wrong?

(click through each person)

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Errol Morris directed these in the style of his Apple "Switch" ads; only here it's former Republicans saying why they're voting for Kerry. Simple, direct, non-flaming.
Please, tell me what you see as wrong?
(click through each person)

Just because an attack add comes in a slick package (aka Kerry's hollywood budies) does not diminish the the nature of the attack. Thiumph of the Will was simple and direct too......

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Comparing the truths in MoveOn.org ads to Swift Vets for Bush isn't even fair.

Nor efforts to apologize for Bush directing Swifties by the cartoonish RNC answer to DNC documentation exposing Bush lies here.

So here's the deal. Bush is involved AND denounces the ads. He also says he doesn't question Kerry's service WHILE coordinating attacks questioning it.

Which position do his apologists want to defend today?

Flippity floppity Bush is on his way.

Note: The flip flop Bush Bunny hybrid gene actually dates back to Bush 41 (shown here with his wife and parents) and his passion for briar patches and raising taxes alike after such disasterous lies as READ MY LIPS: No new taxes!!!

Flippity flop flop, flippity flop flop...look at Bushie go. Denouncing those ads as fast as he can make them with his buddy Rove.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hard to deny that there's alot of 'soft money' being given to Moveon.org and similair entities of the 527 nature by groups regularly supported by and funded by (in part at least) groups and financial entities tied directly to Theresa Heinz/Kerry. A quick search of the news beyond headline scanning will reveal it.

This shady connection to 527 game goes on on both sides of the aisle. i think the Dems are just as guilty of coordinating character attacks through 527 groups as they accuse the Reps of being. It's an old Dem tactic of accusing the opponent of exactly what you are doing in order to deflect attention. Not saying the other side doesn't do it, but the Dems perfected it.

I think if the Swifties are made to pull their ads, then Moveon.org and its various incarnations should also be forced to pull their ads, save maybe on the net.

ban all if you ban one. Otherwise, you create an unfair playing field and squash freedom of speech on all levels (although the Kerry camp trying to get the swifties off the air is already doing a good job of that while lambasting the President for taking away freedoms. I think that's pretty funny)

Why is it OK for some people's freedom of speech to be trampled while others are given a free ride? BAN ALL 527 groups if you ban the swifties! Let's play fair!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
Why is it OK for some people's freedom of speech to be trampled while others are given a free ride? BAN ALL 527 groups if you ban the swifties! Let's play fair!

I don't see anyone from the Kerry camp having a problem with Swifties being a 527. It's the lies and Bush coordination. And all they asked Bush to do was denouce them specifically, rather than this BS crybaby (sniff, sniff) "I denounce all 527's" stuff. Just like he sidestepped charges of his attacks on McCain in 2000. Adding "McCain's allegations are wild eyed" impying he can't take the heat (like they try to say about Kerry now).

Fair you say?
The soft money is legal. The truth is protected. Heck, even the Swifties can keep making a mockery of themselves and this election til the end as far as I care.

The question is...will Bush keep saying he honors Kerry's service while refusing to denounce the claims of the Swifties. Nobody is asking Bush to pull the Swifties. At least they weren't before the connections were revealed. That's another MAJOR Bush problem surfacing from his continued allowance for Swiftie controversy.

"I denounce what I do!"
Welcome to the club you crazy cowboy.

It is becoming increasingly evident that the longer the Swifites stay in the spotlight the more they backfire on Bush. The vet burp in Kerry poll damage has been done. No more to lose. Thus we have a tie and polls show nearly everyone in America have seen the ads already (on the complicit media). So more Swiftie talk accomplishes nothing but making undecideds madder.

And I'd LOVE the Swiftiversy to continue all next week during the RNC love fest... Ask yourself who does Bush want in the news during the convention? Him or Swifties. Hard to say...possibly Swifties since we know bush can't win on his message.

Still Bush's move. He's either in charge or clueless as to the activities of his own staff and closest senior advisor. And if he keeps up the "ban all 527's" stuff then we FINALLY get to have the debate MoveOn.org wants.

Don't you think they want their ads rerun ad infinitum on Fox news and CNN and talked about on the net and papers like the Swifties get attention and analysis? How embarrassing would that be? Listing the truth about the economy and other MoveOn.org charges one after the other on the news all next week, while the Swifties still get sunk as liars on a daily basis. The problem is the truth isn't controversial, so they get no replay...unless Bush forces the issue.

No more "I denounce all 527's" Mr. Bush. Tell us your stand on Swift Vets AND which MoveOn.org ads distort your character and/or record. Please let's discuss MoveOn.org. List the current "lies" for us. Anyone?

That would be the "fair" playing field some seek right? Not this "ban all speech" Bush is trying to pull.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Exactly RANT, 527's are not the problem, the ones that lie again and again are the problem. MoveOn.org can have all the commercials they want as long as they tell the truth. But the Swifties? The only truth I've heard is the part where they say "When Kerry Served In Vietnam". He served in Vietnam, everything else has been proven lies.

Man, this is great. Bush&Co go after Kerry's military record for they know Kerry won't attack Bush's, because he has no record! Hell, Kerry has his records on his website. The FBI(Wonder on who's orders) released 20,000 documents on Kerry. Bush? If we went by documents, records, and file Bush has released about his past, well, he hasn't. According to records about Bush he never existed untill 1999 for there are no records. He won't even release his shoe size let alone his record in any government office.

new topics

top topics

join