It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many have come under the guise of love to deceive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by The_Phantom

In heaven Jesus and God are seperate, on Earth Jesus was God indwelt.

1 Corinthians 8:5 wasn't written when Jesus was on Earth...I'll write it again. "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

Only one God, the Father...clear as day, even when Jesus would have been in heaven.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

reply to post by jmdewey60

You don't view death and souls as I do, we went through this for almost two pages.
I think I get you now, just make a bunch of enigmatic claims that don't make sense, then say God told you to say it just like that, so you can't actually explain anything.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Only one God, the Father...clear as day, even when Jesus would have been in heaven.

Yes, I said that Jesus and God are separate in heaven, this is very true! On Earth, he was God indwelt. There are some times when Jesus broke through and spoke on his own though. For example:

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46).

I think that's why people differ, because he does both.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I never said God told me to say that. I said this is an order from Father, big difference.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I never said God told me to say that. I said this is an order from Father, big difference.
How is that different?
Someone or something is telling you this, or you just make it up and then make your thoughts out to be divine pronouncements.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

How is that different?
Someone or something is telling you this, or you just make it up and then make your thoughts out to be divine pronouncements.

That's because you assume no one on this Earth could possibly not have direct experience. Why does someone need to tell me this?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, I said that Jesus and God are separate in heaven, this is very true! On Earth, he was God indwelt. There are some times when Jesus broke through and spoke on his own though.
Seeing how the Bible says nothing like this, are you now claiming that you know more than the Apostles? Or do you want to admit this is pure speculation that seemed like a nice thought to you that you wanted to share?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That's because you assume no one on this Earth could possibly not have direct experience. Why does someone need to tell me this?
So then are we supposed to worship you now?
You seem to be hinting that you are God.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

NO SIR. I never said that. I said experience. You worship God and God alone!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Yes, I said that Jesus and God are separate in heaven, this is very true! On Earth, he was God indwelt. There are some times when Jesus broke through and spoke on his own though. For example:

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34).
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit (Luke 23:46).

I think that's why people differ, because he does both.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." -John 20:17

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28

"Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ."- 1 Corinthians 1:3

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." Mark 13:32

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God" -Mark 10:18

"And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" -Mark 15:34

Jesus is not God no matter where he is, heaven or earth.
edit on 6-10-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I said Jesus was God indwelt, I never said he took the place of Father.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This means, Jesus is the human side of himself, and God is the spirit inside of Jesus.

I'm seeing a philosophy that does not come from the scriptures but from men. Even those at Pentecost were filled with Holy Spirit, that does not mean they they are the human side of God. It means he was a helper to them. It sounds to me like your suggesting that Jesus was possessed. Since that's the case, peace out, good luck with your philosophy, if I'm going to be religious at all, I'll stick right to what the scriptures say without adding in my own thoughts to fit my beliefs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Again, you can't compare Jesus to other men because he is not apart of creation, which is man. You keep comparing the two, when the two are clearly different.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Again, you can't compare Jesus to other men because he is not apart of creation, which is man. You keep comparing the two, when the two are clearly different.

Ok...this is my last comment.

Jesus is part of creation, I already showed you two scriptures that say so.

Now I'm done. Good day, if your mission is to spread love then keep doing so.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Jesus, the person going by that name, was part of creation, in that he was a human, just like us.
The being who existed previous to Jesus coming into the world does not any longer exist. Nor will that being ever exist again, otherwise there was never a true sacrifice. That is my opinion but it is based on things in the NT where I am just bringing all these bit spread about, into focus to show how there is a progression through steps to get to the current situation.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I want to say something about experiences. You may not have read any of my older posts but I claim to have a whole pile of supernatural experiences, including dying on two separate occasions, one time spending two months in Hades. I have had angels appear to me and touch me and I have had angels who did not appear but just talked to me. What I come away with from all these experiences is not a special knowledge. It is special because it happened to me but the specialness does not extend beyond myself, meaning that there is no special knowledge that I can transmit to other people. My knowledge to give to you is a negative, or anti-knowledge, that experiences do not give you special understandings into the secrets of God, life and the universe. What it does give you is the understanding that there is a God, you gain an appreciation for life, and you know there is a universe run by God. This understanding can be motivating in finding out what there is to be known about all these things. It also gives you confidence that hard work will be rewarded, but there is no free ticket to instant understanding. I could not even comprehend the significance of my own experiences until after many years of contemplation on them.
edit on 7-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join