It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very large eruption on the Sun, Oct 04 13:00

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Dalke07

comets are water ice. Whatever else they are made of is irrelevant. Because in any gravity-free formed item, things are usually distributed pretty evenly. IE, once the water is gone, the comet is too.

Really? Just water ice. I guess we can all believe what we wish; or we can look at some evidence. During Mission Deep Impact, looking at Comet Tempel 1, I don't see a big ball of ice, nor a tail of ice particles and water. I tend to lean more to the electric universe theory. Yes, I said theory. I think we are somewhere in the middle of the road on coming up with a new infrastructure of our universe and how it works.

That's the beauty of science. What is fact today, may be fiction tomorrow; or what is fiction today, may be fact tomorrow. I volunteer in my 6 yr old son's 1st grade class and we borrowed a book from the library for reading that night. It was a Dr. Suess book called "There's No Place Like Space!". I remember as a child reading the Dr. Suess books and this one was a more modern one and looked cool. As we were reading it was showing the Cat and the kids going through the solar system and the book spoke of our "8" planets. I told my son, Nathaniel, that when I was a little boy, there were 9 planets. He asked me why and I told him in science things change, theory's change and that they (I really want to know who this 'they' person is..lol) decided Pluto didn't meet the criteria to be a planet anymore.

I am not saying you are wrong, but I, like everyone else in this world, have my own opinion after looking at certain facts. I believe we, here at ATS especially, cannot always just go with what we are told. I understand that is hard to do, especially since most of us don't really know how some of this stuff works so we rely on what the 'experts' tell us. But with politics, and deceit, we can not always trust these 'experts'.

So honestly, after looking at these photos of the actual comet up close, I see nothing of ice and water. And to say it's hidden inside is stretching it for me. After all, a comet could be just a space rock that has built up a negative charge tumbling through space, with a trail of positive ions following; just a big space rock capacitor. Look at what happened to Comet Holmes when it exploded and the energy released. Ice water? really. Watch the attached video and see what you think.... or do some research. I think I'm going to do some research more myself and learn some basic electronics, especially electromagnetic areas.

This first link is a photo of the Comet Tempel 1 and the video on Electric Universe Theory

Photo of Comet during the Mission of Deep Impact

~ Noah

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by noah1111

Depends on how far away from the sun it was to see anything. Could have been a chunk of rock drawn in from the gravity. I simply don't know.

Fact is comets are mainly water. If not totally water with some impurities. That's the beauty of science. We have definitions. If it was made of rock, than its not a comet. It's an asteroid or something.

Also Tempel 1 actually shows quite a lot of melt from the impact. You should probably, you know, look at the actual pictures and not grainy unclear things.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

But what about Comet Holmes and the energy released? It's diameter was greater than our Sun after an immense explosion. I just can't see how that would be ice.
Again, I am not here to attack, but just to mull things over; after all you may be right, but honestly, you have to admit that was quite the explosion.

Also, It doesn't look grainy at all to me. I can even see chips in the rock. I will never believe that this is ice. But, again, just my opinion. In the scheme of things it's not very important if I'm wrong, but that's why I come to ATS; I learn more here than television and it has me researching things.

~ Noah

edit on 6-10-2011 by noah1111 because: Edit to add image

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by noah1111

Comet Holmes did not explode. Holmes became the largest object in the solar system, as its coma (the thin dissipating dust ball around the comet) expanded to a diameter greater than that of the Sun (although its mass remained minuscule).

Its called a coma, sparser than the best manmade vacuum on earth, (just highly REFLECTIVE when viewed from millions of miles away while in close(r) proximity to the sun). So what causes this expulsion of surface material? Its basically the thermal expansion of the ice in the comet that creates the outgassing. When the ice is used up, the comet becomes what I like to refer to as a 'black comet', dormant, like an asteroid, because it lost its water.

There is nothing electrical going on there.

Throw an ice cube into a molten steel vat, quite a reaction no?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire

Originally posted by xxnibiruxx
Here's an updated image zoomed on the sun's activity:

The magnetogram....

Seems to be stable for now, keeping my eyes out nonetheless

edit on 5-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: links

The pic you show is stereo EUVI 195Angstrom. It shows the coronal layers of the sun at about 1.5 million K temperature.
This link shows the Magnetogram www.solarmonitor.org...

edit: Not stereo but soho195
edit on 5-10-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

And those images I posted are from NASA, so there's another reason not to believe everything they throw out there, they don't even want to label the image types correctly, an irrelevant way to try and confuse the people

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
"In 2000, as comet Linear (named after the telescope that discovered it) approached perihelion, strange things began to happen. It brightened by more than 50% in less than fours hours, and threw off large quantities of 'dust', much more than was expected from ice and other volatiles. Then, to cap it all, the Chandra telescope discovered that the 'dirty snowball' was emitting X-rays!"
edit on 6-10-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I was watching a discovery dvd last night on flares and cmes they didnot explain it well what I want to know is there a difference between a flare and a cme as far as the effect on earth the video said we were hit . on by a flare in the 1800;s so we are still here is the result of a cme different or is it just because of technology I keep hearing about a kill shot what the hell is that please thye info here is far better than anywhere else anyone who has the time to help me out it would be greatly appreciated thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So why don't asteroids or NEOs create a coma, tail, or break up? You know Deep Space Impact occurred between the orbit of earth and Mars, inside the comet's coma. No one is suggesting lakes and oceans on comets, just frozen gas within rock, of all kinds of molecular content. But oh when NASA or the ESA tells us there's 6 parts per billion water on the moon rocks everybody is crying water on the moon! Life, civilizations, power plants and advanced race of aliens! They lie, they hide truth from us!

I think EU confuses cause and effect.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1322hawk

Yes, there is a difference between the effects of a solar flare and a CME. The two terms are often used interchangeably but they are not.

A solar flare has no effect on the surface of the Earth but it can affect satellites and radio communications.

A CME, when it reaches the magnetosphere, can cause geomagnetic storms. A severe geomagnetic storm could cause damage to electrical infrastructure systems.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire

Here's an updated image zoomed on the sun's activity:

The magnetogram....

Seems to be stable for now, keeping my eyes out nonetheless

edit on 5-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: links

The pic you show is stereo EUVI 195Angstrom. It shows the coronal layers of the sun at about 1.5 million K temperature.
This link shows the Magnetogram www.solarmonitor.org...

edit: Not stereo but soho195
edit on 5-10-2011 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

And those images I posted are from NASA, so there's another reason not to believe everything they throw out there, they don't even want to label the image types correctly, an irrelevant way to try and confuse the people

Strange, as i just went to the magnetogram on the SOHO website and got this image,

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

So maybe you cant interpret things properly or it's your irrelevant way to try and confuse the people.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
But oh when NASA or the ESA tells us there's 6 parts per billion water on the moon rocks everybody is crying water on the moon! Life, civilizations, power plants and advanced race of aliens! They lie, they hide truth from us!

Power plants? Thermal, Nuclear or Hydel?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wh00pS

HMI(Helioseismic Magnetic Imager) is from SDO
HMI is a successor to the MDI.

MDI(Michelson Doppler Imager) is from SOHO.

They are designed to study oscillations and the magnetic field at the solar surface, or photosphere.
The magnetogram image shows the magnetic field in the solar photosphere, with black and white indicating opposite polarities.
For more info
li nk

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Deetermined

So why don't asteroids or NEOs create a coma, tail, or break up? You know Deep Space Impact occurred between the orbit of earth and Mars, inside the comet's coma. No one is suggesting lakes and oceans on comets, just frozen gas within rock, of all kinds of molecular content. But oh when NASA or the ESA tells us there's 6 parts per billion water on the moon rocks everybody is crying water on the moon! Life, civilizations, power plants and advanced race of aliens! They lie, they hide truth from us!

I think EU confuses cause and effect.

How does the Electric Universe model confuse cause and effect?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Okay, why not wait some years and examine our star a bit closer?
ESA goes to the sun!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
thanks phage for the answer I thought that was the difference but what is a kill shot that some people talk about is that just overdramatization or is mit just for technology thanks again for the help

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1322hawk

There isn't much, if any, evidence that the Sun has ever produced a "kill shot". There is no reason to believe that it ever will.

While the infrastructure damage which could occur during a very severe geomagnetic storm could pose great problems, I think that the situation has been somewhat exaggerated. There are measures which could be taken to lessen the impact. I don't think it would bring about the collapse of civilization.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, it depends during the time when if the Power Grids goes down the average person will have thought that this must be the end.

There is really a high chance of society collapse, as not everyone (the majority that is) has access to knowledge about the suns activities as of late, but there is the widespread knowledge of 2012 being the end as we know it, thanks to hollywood.

So if ever we face a big one, which seems likely, the implications as a result will almost seem like the end to the general masses anyway.

Thus it is only wise to prepare where necessary, if you to think of safety and security is of utmost concern.
I will once again urge, to do the needful where necessary.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadCompie
Okay, why not wait some years and examine our star a bit closer?
ESA goes to the sun!

Thanks for the article.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join