It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very large eruption on the Sun, Oct 04 13:00

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Is all this normal or is the sun changing somehow

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Holy God...what kind flare is that? what caused this?By Chance If that Megaflare directed to Earth, what kind of impact it could have on earth? Will it impact only EM field & Electronics or might trigger any Volcanic Actvity.. just wondering.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waratah
14 days at the most from the 4th..at the most is the 18th.
Where do the other 10 days come from that make people say
its the 28th ??

I said 28th October, but nor did I say 14 + 4 = 28...

There is really no telling when a big one comes our way in the following weeks. Mostly likely in the next two weeks, as it is when this active region will be facing earth.

So it is therefore all the more likely, that we may, and I repeat may, experience one of natures powerful forces.

With that said, there is absolutely no other sane thing to do, other than to prepare, for what Phage and others have sought to be quite an "Interesting" 2 weeks to follow.

Peace

edit on 5-10-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It's amazing how many on ATS get so irate when Phage debunks something that could be fatal for earth, and when Phage says it could get interesting if it keeps up, we slowly start to sh*t ourselves. Well, i am! It shows, no matter how we "disagree" with Phage, we know deep inside that he's got the noggins we can rely on.

I don't like this, one bit

edit on 10/5/2011 by qonone because: grammar

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncietSoul
reply to post by Phage

Holy God...what kind flare is that? what caused this?By Chance If that Megaflare directed to Earth, what kind of impact it could have on earth? Will it impact only EM field & Electronics or might trigger any Volcanic Actvity.. just wondering.

Cause: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And effect:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Great pics op

Although I have to say I am not worried, surely by the time this spot becomes earth facing, it is likely to have burnt itself out so to speak.

As NASA would say, its a bit wimpy ! lol

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
wow great, another one that means nothing to anyone.I saw a really big cloud today, no really it was massive.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Nobody seems to be answering the most important question. If that coronal ejection was directed toward Earth, what would be likely to happen? Fried electronics? Fried people? Is there anything we could do to prepare? My car for instance - what could I do to protect it? Anything?

Come on, let's have some serious discussion about what a huge CME could really mean for us.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
"Knowing"? I got to check with with my 10 year-old if he has been hearing/seeing any "whisper people" lately.

But seriously, I am with Troofseeker in wanting to know what would be the impact if such a CME happened in the direction of the earth. Also how frequent are those?

Either some god is really upset with us or someone is really protecting us, assuming such CMEs can have significant impact on earth, electronics or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

One day... and I think it might be real soon that the Sun is going to fry us like an egg :-O I'm putting on extra sunscreen... lol..lol..lol !

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Here is the latest activity from the sun: (and sorry im not sure how to put the image into a post) so here's the link

Seems to me like the sun isn't letting up, one thing after another

edit on 5-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: link

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xxnibiruxx

Only a C class flare.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The movie Knowing definitely comes to mind...

Someone needs to pull out some real info or data on how frequent these "big ones" are, and what damage it could do.

...on wiki about CME
en.wikipedia.org...
the animated one to the right looks kinda big too.

Is this another dooooom-not-to-happen-bs-thread?
(got kinda tired after the whole elenin thing)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xivinorum
Is all this normal or is the sun changing somehow

Well yes this is normal, and yes the sun is changing because this is what happens when the sun gets closer to its solar maximum, and ending yet another one of its cycles

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Only a C class flare.

Like Spiderman once said to Mary "Even so", its still important to keep tabs on the sun's latest activity

edit on 5-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: additional text

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

wth

FARSIDE CME: Yesterday, October 4th, something exploded on the far side of the sun and propelled a spectacular CME into space. The Solar and Heliospheric Observatory recorded the cloud as it emerged from behind the sun's limb:
omg! we dead!

Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab have combined observations from SOHO and the twin STEREO spacecraft to calculate the CME's trajectory: It is .ing for Mercury. The CME will hit the innermost planet on Oct. 5th around 04:30 UT plus minus 7 hours. Energetic particles accelerated by shock waves at the leading edge of the cloud could also have minor effects on the MESSENGER probe in orbit around Mercury. The CME's forecast track shows that Venus might also receive a blow on Oct. 6th.

edit on 5-10-2011 by reject because:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I know I shouldn't, but what the hell...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
We have some lower level geomagnetic storm start today 08:00 UTC, is from C class solar flare 03 Oct ..

www2.nict.go.jp...

edit on 5-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Although this new Spot that has opened looks omuinous, I'm more worried about what happens when the 2 rings of fire that are currently building in the North and South of the sun finally meet at the Suns equator

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Only a C class flare.

Like I said "Even so". You cannot underestimate a C class flare because look at what it is growing into

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join