It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very large eruption on the Sun, Oct 04 13:00

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
phage I value what you have to say and I am kinda concerned with what you said in ten to twelve days does thism mean that it could be bad and I am not talking extection or something it just blew me away how you responded usually you calm things down and put it in perspective but this time you kinda left it open and I am just womnndering if I am reading something I have learned alot from your writings and appreciate what you have to contribute even if I do not agree so can you clarify what may happen thanks man

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Nothing yet from STEREO B, lo0l ..

This is last pictures from STEREO A,

Looks some CME little right from Earth direction, nothing to worry about ..

LASCO C2

edit on 4-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
10-12 days would put us at the 14th-16th... and if I'm not mistaken, the 16th is when Elenin was supposed to be at it's closest approach to Earth. Get ready for a renewal in beliefs about ELEnin!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Okay, October 28th is nearing and it seems our sun is raging ever increasingly...

If anything, I hope all have prepared for an exciting coming weeks...

Peace
edit on 4-10-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The below quote is from www.solarham.com , awesome site for credible data regarding the Sun.

Solar Update: A long duration C7.3 Solar Flare took place around Sunspot 1302 at 09:23 UTC Tuesday morning. This region is now rotating onto the western limb and any explosions at this point will not be earth directed.

An aurora watch will be in effect within the next 24-48 hours due to the expected arrival of a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) caused by a long duration M1.2 solar flare around Sunspot 1305 on Saturday morning. Minor geomagnetic storming may be possible at high latitudes.

A new Sunspot which continues to expand in the southern hemisphere was numbered 1311 on Tuesday. The new region which rotated into view on the northeast limb was numbered 1312. Currently there is only a small chance for moderate solar flares.

So i'm pretty sure they are referring to the solar flare discussed in this thread.

Flare classed as a long duration C7.3

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

The CME being discussed in the OP was on the other side of the Sun and will not affect Earth.

The C7.3 flare from region 1302 does not seem to have had a CME associated with it.
edit on 10/4/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

o0 ..

I put one picture so you try to see your self ..

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Sunspot is above Earth direction, so main stream will not hit us too0 hard if she be very active in time when come in Earth direction ..

Hope so00 and that is good news ..

edit on 4-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Very nice find Dalke.
Scary stuff tho.

And may I congratulate you on your improved english as well - you write much better now then just a few months ago. Keep up the good work!

Star and Flag for you.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MamaJ

Yup.
Two weeks maybe.
Things could get interesting if it keeps up.

Phage you do realize that you've possibly just started a new prediction frenzy on ATS

Quick somebody debunk Phage!

Just joking, interesting thread.

edit on 4-10-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Guess will find out. Everyone mark your calenders.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
ugh, really didn't need to read this. I'm truly not one of those "date setters" or crazy talking kool-aid drinkers but you know how everyone mentions that they see 11:11 on clocks? I've been seeing 10:13 for a long time now....probably nothing but wanted to get it documented in case something does occur. *shrug* That would only be about 9 to 10 days though.
Regardless...I will be keeping a watchful eye on the sky with everyone else now =)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So if its about 10-12 days until it is facing Earth that is supposedly the same time Elenin has its near earth approach... Or whatever is left of it if it is true that it has broken up. And based on this impact I would seriously question the sun causing Elenin to break up.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

So hypothetically, what sort of effect could that have?
edit on 4-10-2011 by veritaslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1322hawk

Ré is very angry right about now!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by veritaslibertas

Hypothetically?

No chance.

Elenin is no more.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MamaJ

Yup.
Two weeks maybe.
Things could get interesting if it keeps up.

That is odd that you mentioned that. It sounds like it will be on time for around oct 28.
Sorry I know that dates like that get annoying, but its an odd coincedence

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Epic. I've been following this one since the morning. It's hard to really appreciate the magnitude of such an intense display of energy in one of it's purest forms. It's humbling enough to see an image of a CME that covers an area comparable or even greater than the size of The Sun itself. It's another thing entirely to see one that actually expands to a size that dwarfs the very star from which it came. It will be extremely interesting to see how this all plays out. Considering the state of things here on earth, I don't feel it's necessary to go to space to feed anyone's desire for doom and gloom. That said however, it would seem to me that something on this scale, while maybe not a world ender, could still pose a credible threat as a world changer. The jury's still out as to whether some of those potential changes would actually be for the worse or for the better, but I digress.

Interesting sidenote though. While watching the gif animations, and the way the halo part of the cme seemed to spread out fairly evenly with the denser burst seeming to corkscrew straight outward. Watching it and looking at the stills, in regular and negative exposure, The scifi geek in me couldnt help but see an uncanny resemblance to the wormholes/stargates of pop culture. Not to say that is what this is. It's just seemed to mirror what one would typically expect to see when stargates/wormholes etc. Open in most sci fi movies/tv/literature. If nothing else, sometimes a different perspective can open ones eyes to ideas and possibilities that they might not have considered otherwise.

Awesome times were living in people. Bring on the age of enlightenment

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

How does 2 weeks from the 4th become "around the 28th"?

edit on 4/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Anyone know how this compares to other recorded cmes/flares? Be interesting to see how this one measures of to other large one in regard to the area they covered, or mass that was expelled? If this one isnt the new reigning champ, I can hardly imagine the size of the one that is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join