It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUMOR: AT&T Pulls out of bid to buy T-Mobile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have friends all over the place who work for a lot of different companies --

This morning I received a message from one of my friends who works for Verizon saying that there was a message on their Ticker Board announcing AT&T pulled out of the aquisition precedings to purchase T-Mobile US from Deutche Telekom.

I can't find any information on this anywhere other than hearsay from my source.

To me this is something more the Wall St. Journal or similar news source would have well before Verizon obviously.

I'm more reaching out to the ATS community to see if anyone who may or may not have more information on this - spread some 'ninjas' about and see what information we could dig up.

I want to clarify this is a very unsubstantial RUMOR -- I have no source to be able to link to or anything -- but if anyone can find out information - it's the minds at ATS I think.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Surely a competitor wouldn't lie about the competition...

...would they?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyTots

Haha, I don't disagree however.

I don't see what Verizon would gain from a ticker in their offices, telling their own employees only, that the Aquisition won't go through. I'd love for one of us to find the truth out on this. Either way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
it seems the rumor is true search.yahoo.com...
from one link

AT&T Abused Data Confidentiality In T-Mobile Takeover, Public ...
AT&T Abused Data Confidentiality In T-Mobile Takeover, Public Knowledge Tells FCC ... AT&T and T-Mobile have taken advantage of the Federal Communications Commission ...
www.publicknowledge.org/att-abused-data-confidentiality... - Cached
related article

For Immediate Release:
October 4, 2011

AT&T and T-Mobile have taken advantage of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules for protection of information, “putting far more information than is proper behind a cloak of secrecy,” Public Knowledge (PK) told the Commission in a filing today. A copy of the filing is here.
seems there is a monopoly going on

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
AT&T stands to lose billions in penalties if they withdraw or are denied the takeover of T-Mobile. It is not an amount to be taken lightly, or one that their stockholders will stand for. I expect this to be nothing more than a rumor in an attempt to manipulate something, somewhere... the pending legal action, the share price of AT&T or any of the other telecoms, subscriber aquistion or retention schemes by competing telecoms, something else, or all or some of the above.

new topics

top topics

join