It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If they don't like it, than ignore it! What a bunch of crybabies! We're not always going to get what we want in life! That's just the way it is! Grow-up!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
These authoritarians need to be put where they belong!
In prison!

I bet they weren't breaking the listed dress code either.
What a farce.

Now you know why I never trust government, they always hire the weakest link (mentally) to run things. That's the downfall of America right there buddy. Idiots are in charge.

Using their position of power to enforce their political opinions. Sick.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Political "correctness" gone amok. That high school sounds like it is run by a bunch of PC-driven cowards.

The worst part was the article in the school paper in which the border patrol tee shirts were considered hate speech, and it made the teachers "afraid" of these kids who dared wear such blasphemy. The part that made me apoplectic? When it said that the students of that school are forced to ask the question "WHO WE BE"??

Jumping Jesus, Mary and Joseph!! What kind of school deliberately uses and encourages such pathetic, incorrect ghetto slang? What kind of school intimates that the Border Patrol is a hate organization? What kind of school throws national sovereignty out the window in order to coddle a bunch of people who are not here legally? I'll bet nobody who attends that school gets a decent education, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that every kid there can cuss a blue streak in Spanish. They can't fill out a job application properly, but they know gang hand signs.

Like the OP, my parents were legal immigrants. I also worked for Homeland Security in immigration. It has become quite obvious that the subversive element is our government itself. I am so disgusted with our rogue government that I have been refusing to pledge allegiance to the flag at events here in Texas since 2003.

As long as we allow ourselves to be overrun by law-breaking illegals and ruled by cowardly cops and sniveling, worthless authoritarian forces, we are TOAST. DONE. FINITE. This is the country my parents dreamed of, the country they worked so hard to become a part of? It has become a big fantastic LIE.

This is exactly why I moved from California to Texas. When I went to the Monterey County, California fair and saw that the Mexican flag was hanging over the American flag. When I asked fair officials why they would do such a thing, and their answer was that California technically belongs to Mexico, the Americans stole it, and they will be taking it back. My kids were in an elementary school which taught everything IN SPANISH, and English was the second language. There were no English books or homework, and my kids were bringing their assignments home in Spanish. Within the week my house was up for sale and I was out of there, leaving a vapor trail behind me. I gave Cali the finger at the state border and I have never been back.

My parents didn't teach us their native languages (German and Spanish) and taught us everything in English so as to assimilate us. Their efforts, apparently were in vain. Stick a fork in us, we're done.

As a rule I don't quote -n- post praise, but that was amazing. Plainly laid out and well put. I'll probably steal several of your phrases and won't even give you credit!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
We're not always going to get what we want in life! That's just the way it is! Grow-up!

You are right!!!..... that is why they did not get to ride on the school bus!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I don't know a whole lot about illegal immigration and my feelings on it, but I agree with what you're saying. In regards to the principal, i've known yahoos like that, it's pathetic. He at least owed the kid an explanation. Unfortunately schools aren't really places of free speech though, so the principal got away with that.

S+F though.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Here's my take on it:

If the Hispanic community are legal aliens or residents, they should have no problem with a couple of border patrol tshirts. If they're not legal (which probably many who found these shirts "offensive" aren't), then shouldn't the school be supporting these boys?

I swear, "modern times" are anything BUT modern.

So it would be Ok to show up to a game were most of the students are black wearing a shirt saying salve owner?Why would anyone be offended, no one is a slave and the shirt didn't mention anything about race?get the point and bigger picture now?These students wore these shirts not to show support for the border patrol.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by Procession101
Maybe they are just racist trash that thought it would be fun to poke at anyone that doesn't look like they do.

So, are you saying the Border Patrol is "racist". Or, are you saying "illegal" is now a "race"? New Speak anyone? Love is hate, war is peace. Nice one.

No, he's saying the likelihood of a kid actually understanding the situation beyond "keep dem der mexicans out" is quite slim. I agree.

I also agree that they should have been allowed on the bus. It's an educator's job to educate the ignorant, not shun them.

Well said..........There is a possibility that there is more to this story.....perhaps comments were made.
But,,kids do things to get attention and to look cool. where have the days gone when you don't do it because it's simply impolite??
THe fact that this is even in the news is embarrassing to us all.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by icybluebeing

Here's my take on it:

If the Hispanic community are legal aliens or residents, they should have no problem with a couple of border patrol tshirts. If they're not legal (which probably many who found these shirts "offensive" aren't), then shouldn't the school be supporting these boys?

So it would be Ok to show up to a game were most of the students are black wearing a shirt saying salve owner?Why would anyone be offended, no one is a slave and the shirt didn't mention anything about race?get the point and bigger picture now?These students wore these shirts not to show support for the border patrol.

Exactly

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Here's my take on it:

And WHO was to say they didn't?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

So it would be Ok to show up to a game were most of the students are black wearing a shirt saying salve owner?

The Border Patrol aren't slave owners. You're comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think it would be funny if the border patrol showed up to the school for career day.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GFDGFS
[Are you really this stupid?? It is NOT the same issue....hell, I don't even know why I am asking you, after reading your post and replies, it is clear that you are.

You can't argue the facts, so you stoop to insults. Typical. You can't debate the issue without accusing people of racism, or some other catch phrase. Bottom line, your position was that "someone may be offended so it should be banned", and the analogy to a woman wearing a mini-skit is spot on. You're a thought police supporter, and don't like it when you are proven to be totally off base.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The point is these kids were trying to be clever racists.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So since I just appy to be a border patrol agent, I'm racist?

edit on 4-10-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I cannot recall a single case in all recorded history where a Nation or a culture appeared to do nearly all it could do to destroy it self.

This traitorous affront to our founding values and documents--particularly our Bill of Rights is outrageous to the extreme.

There's no rational criteria, value, standard, ethic

which can reasonably

dispense to people

the so called idiotic, insane

"right"

to avoid being offended!

All the more so when so many interest groups seem to glory in walking around with huge offensive and hair trigger OFFENDED chips on their shoulders.

Many millions of clueless idiots need to GROW UP!

Too many seem to !!!!DEMAND!!!! an eternally comfy womb to walk around in and still claim to be free!

This business of !!!!FORCING!!!! everyone for miles around to

TRY AND INSURE

that one is not the least bit offended by anything is insane to the max.

That's akin to forcing all the Baptist churches to agree on the most 'righteous' color for the church carpet!

What terminal insanity. Sheesh.

A flag and star. I hope that school is ridiculed and harrassed with the truth for months and months.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
not at all, blaming illegal aliens and the left wing for destroying this country is Hate.

Turning a blind eye to the damage that illegal immigration causes is the problem. The Republican party is just as much to blame. No, they aren't the ONLY cause of the problems, and there are many more that are a larger problem, but they have caused wage reductions, hospital closures and countless deaths. Those are all facts. I'm sure you've blamed the right wing for problems in this country. Is that "hate"?

Originally posted by Odessy
I still have no problem with these shirts. I also support anyone going wherever they want, not letting any man. woman, or law stop them. They have guts, unlike the many that are really destroying the country... the ones just going with the flow, not thinking for themselves.

Reply by :Reply by: wutz4tom

This Great country is and will Forever be a BIg Melting pot of different nationalities..Blaming the countries problems on nationalities because they are Unlike us is Racist! This behavior causes far more problems than Foriegners taking jobs that 9 out 10 Americans wouldn't consider working...blaming it on the illegals (in case you haven't noticed) Is Not working.

on 5-10-2011 by wutz4tom
edit on 5-10-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

That's funny considering you were the one who brought up the word "Racist"...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The problem is you're assuming an awful lot without facts to support it. Do you know these kids? Where you there? If not, then you have assumed their guilt. They may very well have worn the shirts for the reasons stated here, but I saw nothing here about these students being known for racial slurs or belonging to a racist organization. A shirt reading "border patrol" alone is not a racist statement. If there were many Iraqi children at the school, would we be saying it was racist to wear USMC shirts? Hell, what if the kids uncle works in the border patrol? I doubt it, but again, we are assuming things to arrive at a racist conclusion.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

In Littleton, Colorado there is a high school, Dakota Ridge High School. They were scheduled to travel to Pueblo, CO for a football game, and the school had a bus that they were going to have students ride down on. A couple of the students were wearing "Border Patrol" T-Shirts, and were told that they could not ride the taxpayer funded bus, to a taxpayer funded event, while wearing a taxpayer funded U.S. law enforcement T-Shirt. Now, think about that for a moment.

How long is this insanity going to continue? Welcome to 1984 people. George Orwell got it mostly correct, only he got the political parties messed up. The left are the ones imposing New Speak. It's now "racist" to use the term "illegal". It's now "racist" to wear shirts with law enforcement agencies on them. Students are suspended for asking a question, rather than doing want the Ministry of Love tells them. Remember, 2+2=5 in the world these PC monsters live.
edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: Fixed T-Shirt image

edit on Tue Oct 4 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: name of school corrected per member request

Typical strawn man argument. These kids purposely wore the shirts to be provocative and insulting (likely because their parents are ignorant and thus learned it from them).

I enjoyed your over-reaction to the principal's very VERY calm reaction to these kids. I lol'd at the "glorious leader" bit you threw in.

When you grow up, you'll realize that this country was founded by immigrants. You yourself are born from immigrants. Maybe you're just too dumb to understand that yet.

I think you're a disrespectful turd for trying to make this into something more than what it is.

ALL those kids could have been kicked out of school for that stunt. I think the principal was far too lenient on the single student that was punished.
edit on 5-10-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
I think it would be funny if the border patrol showed up to the school for career day.
That would be awesome! I would love to see how many kids were tardy...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join