It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

the left and the right are the same.

I have no problem with the shirt, but obviously for different reasons than you.
Free people should be able to go where they want. Country borders are stupid. Illegal aliens will not destroy this country, people like you will hate them will.

Hate? Liking the Border Patrol and the 1st Amendment is now "hate"? Wow.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I personally think racism is natural. If you have not been placed in an enviroment that is diverse with races than you probably cannot identify at all with any other race than your own.

I think it's fine for them to be as racist as possible. As long as they are willing to suffer the repercussions. If i can't say i hate whites, blacks, hispanics, asians... Then what can i say? and how long before i cannot say anything i don't like?

If you want to be racist so be it... It is not our right to stop somebody from being racist just because we are not. If it was the other way around we would be crying bloody murder.

We need to learn to respect peoples opinions, likes and dislikes... And they will respect ours and no one has to impose a belief on the next person. Respect is key. But we must never forget the bill of rights.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am not taking you that seriously, I just found your posts to be rude, and I like to prove my point.

The idea of violence inciting over a "Border Patrol" shirt, is minimal, at best. I have seen much worse in my life, and have been involved in situations at my old high school that were much more racially/politically coarse than wearing a silly t-shirt. Most people would not react, or even understand the motivations behind a shirt like that.

The school has a responsibility to educate its students. It has a responsibility to support and defend the ideals of the Constitution of the United States of America. And possibly most importantly, it has the responsibility of providing a fair opportunity for everyone. Barring a student from entering a bus and going to a football game due to a silly t-shirt is completely ludicrous. Asking a student to remove a shirt is one thing. Anything beyond that is unnecessary and potentially inflammatory.

Well honestly the whole subject just amuses me. The school might have been in the wrong. Certainly the way he handled it personally, I am not disputing that. However, you can't tell someone else how to feel or react to a situation. For you, it might not be a big deal, for someone else it might be a huge deal. People are different. It really is just that simple.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by AgnarDaGr8
I mean come on guys we have to take into account that they were doing it as a racist statement. I am latino and born here in DC and i wouldn't care about that shirt... matter affact i might buy one just because of this incident. But what we fail to realize is that the principal was acting in the best interest of his students. What if the shirts would have taken a racist spin and the latino students(maybe mostly the illegal ones) would have felt offended and wanted to retaliate?

If the principal allowed this to happen and it took a turn for the worst then we would be mad at him... Right or wrong he was thinking about the safety of his kids.

So, if women wear short skirts, they're inviting someone to rape them? Are you saying that for a woman's safety, they should wrap themselves up, and never show any skin for fear that someone else might get worked up and rape them?

Do you see what you're saying. Person 1 shouldn't do something perfectly fine, because Person 2 has some deep rooted mental problem and might attack them. Sounds nuts to me.

Also, your statement that they were doing this as a racist statement, my only reply is this... When did you lean to read people's minds and know exactly what they are thinking and why? Can you please read the minds of all those in Congress now, and let us know what they're thinking?
edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

No I did not say that. But i will make a point with what you said.

Even though a woman wearing short shorts is not her way of inviting someone to rape her. It's just a fashion statement. But does that take away from that fact that she might get raped?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

not at all, blaming illegal aliens and the left wing for destroying this country is Hate.
Not hard to see there.

I still have no problem with these shirts. I also support anyone going wherever they want, not letting any man. woman, or law stop them. They have guts, unlike the many that are really destroying the country... the ones just going with the flow, not thinking for themselves.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Little punks wearing "Border Patrol" shirts to a school with a large Hispanic population.
And some people don't see the racism in that???

What about wearing an Army or Marine Corps shirt to a high school in Dearborn, Michigan? Would that be "racist"?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Worn in ill taste. The shirts themselves are not racist, but the sigma associated with them especially around people of Mexican/Hispanic decent can be negative especially if the school has racism issues between white and hispanics. I support the teachers on this one.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer

I am not taking you that seriously, I just found your posts to be rude, and I like to prove my point.

The idea of violence inciting over a "Border Patrol" shirt, is minimal, at best. I have seen much worse in my life, and have been involved in situations at my old high school that were much more racially/politically coarse than wearing a silly t-shirt. Most people would not react, or even understand the motivations behind a shirt like that.

The school has a responsibility to educate its students. It has a responsibility to support and defend the ideals of the Constitution of the United States of America. And possibly most importantly, it has the responsibility of providing a fair opportunity for everyone. Barring a student from entering a bus and going to a football game due to a silly t-shirt is completely ludicrous. Asking a student to remove a shirt is one thing. Anything beyond that is unnecessary and potentially inflammatory.

Well honestly the whole subject just amuses me. The school might have been in the wrong. Certainly the way he handled it personally, I am not disputing that. However, you can't tell someone else how to feel or react to a situation. For you, it might not be a big deal, for someone else it might be a huge deal. People are different. It really is just that simple.

This whole reply seems ignorant to real racial tentions. The wrong look... Word... Bump... Flirt... can start a racial war in a high school. Kids have something to prove at all times... Especially in high school.
edit on 4-10-2011 by AgnarDaGr8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

not at all, blaming illegal aliens and the left wing for destroying this country is Hate.

Turning a blind eye to the damage that illegal immigration causes is the problem. The Republican party is just as much to blame. No, they aren't the ONLY cause of the problems, and there are many more that are a larger problem, but they have caused wage reductions, hospital closures and countless deaths. Those are all facts. I'm sure you've blamed the right wing for problems in this country. Is that "hate"?

I still have no problem with these shirts. I also support anyone going wherever they want, not letting any man. woman, or law stop them. They have guts, unlike the many that are really destroying the country... the ones just going with the flow, not thinking for themselves.

A country without borders is not a country. So, I'm assuming you're all for the NWO and the one world government. Am I mistaken? Your comment is, however, a bit confusing. You're talking about the country being destroyed. This is a good thing for you, right?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by Saltarello
reply to post by Procession101

Maybe they grew tired of the USofA government not caring for its own borders?

Maybe they are just racist trash that thought it would be fun to poke at anyone that doesn't look like they do.

"Those who address race the most, are usually the most racist".
-Mveronikas

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Procession101

it really makes no differance why they were wearing that t-shirt. was there a dress code? there was a hitler there and i bet a big law suite and i hope the mom and dad sue the crap out of the school district.

but then i am pro-immigration control... which would mean, if you want to come to the usa just follow the law, like any other place and if you dont... well guess what, there is consequences,

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
no matter the reason for them wearing this shirt its not being racist sure it will get some looks for other student thats it I can understand if they wore a swastika arm band or anything like that but they didn't they wore a shirt with the name of a law enforcement division on it. what if they were to wear an ATF jacket next are they going to be expelled. i my self am Mexican American born and raised along with several generations before and i would wear the hell out of that shirt.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Actually I just messed up with the quotes

That is my intended reply. Just that last paragraph. everything else was written by someone else. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer

Actually I just messed up with the quotes

That is my intended reply. Just that last paragraph. everything else was written by someone else. Sorry.

o lol ok... sryyyy....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

I agree, it's to say if I was a Latino attending the school they visited and my school was predominantly latino and these kids showed up with those shirts, I would think "what? just because I am Latino are they assuming I am Illegal?" I would personally been offended but laughed it off and called them dorks and that's that.

And no, the whole "only illegals would be offended" is Bull, because by wearing that shirt just because they are going to a Latino school is trying to send a racist message. If they were all part of a young club aspiring to join the border patrol one day and they always wore the shirt I guess it'd be a bit different.

Yet I do agree being suspended for asking why is way out of line, however, did he really need to ask "why?"??

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You obviously haven't been young for a long time.

Those kids are wearing the shirts as a racist symbol trust me.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droolmouth
You obviously haven't been young for a long time.

Low blow, man! LOL

Originally posted by Droolmouth
Those kids are wearing the shirts as a racist symbol trust me.

I'll trust the kids, since I can't read their minds. I listened to the radio broadcast this morning, and it's really worth listening to. These kids aren't racist. They love the U.S., yes. They don't like what illegal immigration has done. But racist is a stretch. But, it's an "easy" answer. Unfortunately, that word has been thrown around so much lately, it has lost its meaning.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hmm so now our grandparents who fought for the same thing, actually something almost similar to this did happen, through 67-72. Great thanks grandma and grandpa you got a rule made for this 35 years ago and now your doing it to us, what happened to freedom. Oh ya, they sold it to TPTB.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here we go again! More PC $h!t! Be here legally, and problem solved! Though addressed a million times, I have to address it again…..”What about illegal do you not understand”? I live near Littleton, Co. I think I will rally up some friend with some border patrol shirts as well! Maybe get a couple I.C.E. tea shirts to boot, and hang out over there to make a point! Sooooo tired of catering to these people! Here in Colorado, they are taking everything over! I should not have to adjust my life for them! I had to ask for the manager today at Burger King because the drive thru chick didn’t know all but 3 words in English! Just barely! And of course, people consider me a racist if I complain! I have many Mexican American friends! They are just as pizzed off about the illegals as I am! If not more!

I say let the kids wear what they want when it comes to those who protect our country and borders! If they don't like the border patrol tea shirts, they can always wear the tea shirts that say "Policia" on them! A little better for them to understand...!

Press * for English!

Press anything else but #1 for Spanish!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

So, if women wear short skirts, they're inviting someone to rape them? Are you saying that for a woman's safety, they should wrap themselves up, and never show any skin for fear that someone else might get worked up and rape them?

Are you really this stupid?? It is NOT the same issue....hell, I don't even know why I am asking you, after reading your post and replies, it is clear that you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join