High School Student Suspended Over Border Patrol Shirt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
reply to post by Lovebringer

Why not? It is a legitimate law enforcement agency that deals with legitimate legal problems, not excluding illegal immigration and drug enforcement. They also live in Colorado, which if I am not mistaken has multiple highways that lead to and from the Canadian border. Is it not possible that their fathers work for ICE?

I'm just suggesting keeping a level head to the fact that just because one is wearing a Border Patrol t-shirt, does not mean they are explicitly referring to the Mexican-American border or to Latinos in general.

Sure darling, sure. After all La Raza shirts are only expressing pride in one's heritage right? So if you are not offended by that, then i won't be offended by the border patrol shirts. Deal?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by Saltarello
reply to post by Procession101

Maybe they grew tired of the USofA government not caring for its own borders?

Maybe they are just racist trash that thought it would be fun to poke at anyone that doesn't look like they do.

Maybe you are whining a little to hard and being as ignorant as the principal?
The one kid looks like he could be latino.. next time your rolling through the ghetto and an African American throws out the "N" word, make sure you stop and give him a good scolding.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i find it amazing how some ppl defend laws to the end..... when does morality come into play? SURE, they didn't break any laws.... SURE, the reaction from the school was probably not the correct one, but when do morals come into effect? Why is it ok to STOOP to the federal governments level. What these kids did was not illegal, but it was wrong. They knew full well they would get a reaction wearing these shirts to a school where they knew there are lots of hispanic students. They didnt do it to support the dont hate program they were running, on the opposite they were trying to make a scene. I'm not for one way or the other way i think both parties where at fault
edit on 4-10-2011 by judoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer

Originally posted by isthisreallife
reply to post by Lovebringer

Why not? It is a legitimate law enforcement agency that deals with legitimate legal problems, not excluding illegal immigration and drug enforcement. They also live in Colorado, which if I am not mistaken has multiple highways that lead to and from the Canadian border. Is it not possible that their fathers work for ICE?

I'm just suggesting keeping a level head to the fact that just because one is wearing a Border Patrol t-shirt, does not mean they are explicitly referring to the Mexican-American border or to Latinos in general.

Sure darling, sure. After all La Raza shirts are only expressing pride in one's heritage right? So if you are not offended by that, then i won't be offended by the border patrol shirts. Deal?

Watch your tone. I have been nothing but polite, no need to be condescending.

Maybe its because I have a thick skin, but I am not offended by either shirt. If someone wants to wear a KKK shirt, more on them. If someone wants to wear, and I quote, "I hate honkies" fine by them.

They have the 1st Amendment right to do such, and I am all for enforcing it as our forefathers said we should. Your rights end when they infringe on mine. How is wearing a t-shirt that relates to a legitimate law enforcement agency considered racy or potentially threatening? What is the potential danger? Please explain that.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
thats the thing, theres no danger... but its morally wrong. And if you have the I'm Rubber and Your Glue idea this world will never get better and the gov. will really just take over.....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Do you honestly believe those little ****heads were wearing those border patrol shirts because they think the border patrol is cool?

The "reason" behind "why" they wore them doesn't matter. The Border Patrol is a U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Agency. They are not the Nazi Party, or the KKK. Anyone who is offended by these shirts are the ones who have the mental problem.

Where's your support of the 1st Amendment?

It's comparable to anyone of the latino pueblo kids wearing a shirt saying "I hate Honkeys", you think the 1st Ammendment would have them protected in that situation?

In a school, no but any where else yea. Schools are made to train you to be docile, they teach you that you have rights but do not uphold those rights. All government ran public school is a conditioning camp, so that the cattle will work for 8hrs day. They prepare them by making them go to school 8hrs a day.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In high school the rival school had mexican day for their basketball game against us, we showed up in border patrol shirts and hats and no one said anything. I say its where your located how seriously people take it. I live in Pa

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

holy cow... thats much worse then what happened here lol

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Watch your tone. I have been nothing but polite, no need to be condescending.

Maybe its because I have a thick skin, but I am not offended by either shirt. If someone wants to wear a KKK shirt, more on them. If someone wants to wear, and I quote, "I hate honkies" fine by them.

They have the 1st Amendment right to do such, and I am all for enforcing it as our forefathers said we should. Your rights end when they infringe on mine. How is wearing a t-shirt that relates to a legitimate law enforcement agency considered racy or potentially threatening? What is the potential danger? Please explain that.

Watch my tone? you're the one getting a sharp tone with me. I am merely amused by the fact that you don't see anything wrong with the border patrol shirts. Of course I am not the least bit surprised. By all means I said I agree with the fact that they have the right to wear the shirt. One thing people seem to forget about the first amendment however, is that it gives you the right to say what you want, but it doesn't protect you from other people thinking you are a d-bag.

Not everyone is quite as easygoing as you. Not everyone is as " tolerant" as you either. The potential for violence was absolutely there, and if you think there was no potential, then you are naive. Again, the principal handled the situation very poorly, there was no reason whatsoever to suspend the student who questioned him. That was out of line. However, as I stated before the school has responsibility over safety of their charges.

I don't know why you are taking me so seriously. I am merely trying to have a conversation with you. Don't get so angry. It's just the internet

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
And one day that kid will be walking down the street and see some one from another country freely express their religious beliefs such as a Muslim wearing a face veil and wonder...wtf?
edit on 4-10-2011 by papazen because: type o

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Did i miss the source for your story OP? Because all i can see is some poster going off on a rant stirring the pot and nothing to back it up but a article on a school site that contradicts his version. Where did you get the pic of the boys? You seem pretty close to the whole thing. i hope you weren't biased in your writing.
People don't let your self get sucked in and have your emotions used against you.

Personally so far, i see this as a thread just for S&F as these threads always are.

Also im surprised this thread hasn't been closed its nothing but name calling.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Did i miss the source for your story OP? Because all i can see is some poster going off on a rant stirring the pot and nothing to back it up but a article on a school site that contradicts his version. Where did you get the pic of the boys? You seem pretty close to the whole thing i hope you weren't biased in your writing.
People don't let your self get sucked in and have your emotion used against you.

Personally so far, i see this as a thread just for S&F as these threads always are.

Here you go: www.khow.com...
And, you can even listen to the podcasts and get all the info you want.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
bottomline is is that we as a country suffer from many issues becuase its not " politicaly correct " people need to stop being so sensative and grow up if the students from the opposing school were in OUR country LEAGALY why would they be offended?

bye bye
1st ammd.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovebringer
Watch my tone? you're the one getting a sharp tone with me. I am merely amused by the fact that you don't see anything wrong with the border patrol shirts. Of course I am not the least bit surprised. By all means I said I agree with the fact that they have the right to wear the shirt. One thing people seem to forget about the first amendment however, is that it gives you the right to say what you want, but it doesn't protect you from other people thinking you are a d-bag.

Not everyone is quite as easygoing as you. Not everyone is as " tolerant" as you either. The potential for violence was absolutely there, and if you think there was no potential, then you are naive. Again, the principal handled the situation very poorly, there was no reason whatsoever to suspend the student who questioned him. That was out of line. However, as I stated before the school has responsibility over safety of their charges.

I don't know why you are taking me so seriously. I am merely trying to have a conversation with you. Don't get so angry. It's just the internet

I am not taking you that seriously, I just found your posts to be rude, and I like to prove my point.

The idea of violence inciting over a "Border Patrol" shirt, is minimal, at best. I have seen much worse in my life, and have been involved in situations at my old high school that were much more racially/politically coarse than wearing a silly t-shirt. Most people would not react, or even understand the motivations behind a shirt like that.

The school has a responsibility to educate its students. It has a responsibility to support and defend the ideals of the Constitution of the United States of America. And possibly most importantly, it has the responsibility of providing a fair opportunity for everyone. Barring a student from entering a bus and going to a football game due to a silly t-shirt is completely ludicrous. Asking a student to remove a shirt is one thing. Anything beyond that is unnecessary and potentially inflammatory.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I mean come on guys we have to take into account that they were doing it as a racist statement. I am latino and born here in DC and i wouldn't care about that shirt... matter affact i might buy one just because of this incident. But what we fail to realize is that the principal was acting in the best interest of his students. What if the shirts would have taken a racist spin and the latino students(maybe mostly the illegal ones) would have felt offended and wanted to retaliate?

If the principal allowed this to happen and it took a turn for the worst then we would be mad at him... Right or wrong he was thinking about the safety of his kids.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Did i miss the source for your story OP? Because all i can see is some poster going off on a rant stirring the pot and nothing to back it up but a article on a school site that contradicts his version. Where did you get the pic of the boys? You seem pretty close to the whole thing i hope you weren't biased in your writing.
People don't let your self get sucked in and have your emotion used against you.

Here you go: www.khow.com...
And, you can even listen to the podcasts and get all the info you want.

That link just leads me to the link you originally provided. Peter boyles is a radio DJ he is almost as bad as glenn beck IMO. i dont think anything he said is reliable. So im sticking with what i said in my first post.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Little punks wearing "Border Patrol" shirts to a school with a large Hispanic population.

And some people don't see the racism in that???

This is the same reason people don't see racism in the Tea Party...they are blind to it...because they see it as being ACCEPTABLE.

Even here on ATS...racism is allowed while other topics or behaviors will get you banned. Racism is tolerated here on ATS...and it really pisses me off. If you don't think so...just go back and re-read this thread.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

the left and the right are the same.

I have no problem with the shirt, but obviously for different reasons than you.
Free people should be able to go where they want. Country borders are stupid. Illegal aliens will not destroy this country, people like you that hate them will.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That link just leads me to the link you originally provided. Peter boyles is a radio DJ he is almost as bad as glenn beck IMO. i dont think anything he said is reliable. So im sticking with what i said in my first post.

....because that's easier than hearing the facts and listening to the podcast, right? Typical.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgnarDaGr8
I mean come on guys we have to take into account that they were doing it as a racist statement. I am latino and born here in DC and i wouldn't care about that shirt... matter affact i might buy one just because of this incident. But what we fail to realize is that the principal was acting in the best interest of his students. What if the shirts would have taken a racist spin and the latino students(maybe mostly the illegal ones) would have felt offended and wanted to retaliate?

If the principal allowed this to happen and it took a turn for the worst then we would be mad at him... Right or wrong he was thinking about the safety of his kids.

So, if women wear short skirts, they're inviting someone to rape them? Are you saying that for a woman's safety, they should wrap themselves up, and never show any skin for fear that someone else might get worked up and rape them?

Do you see what you're saying. Person 1 shouldn't do something perfectly fine, because Person 2 has some deep rooted mental problem and might attack them. Sounds nuts to me.

Also, your statement that they were doing this as a racist statement, my only reply is this... When did you lean to read people's minds and know exactly what they are thinking and why? Can you please read the minds of all those in Congress now, and let us know what they're thinking?
edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join